PDA

View Full Version : PD: Non-approved credits.

JO
02-28-2003, 01:40 PM
What are you guys doing for non-approved credits?? I need 15 and all conferences now seem to be approved. I have no clue..

annabel lee
02-28-2003, 01:51 PM
You don't actually need non-approved credits. You know that, right?

JO
02-28-2003, 02:06 PM
You don't actually need non-approved credits. You know that, right?

REALLY?! lol misinformed. I thought PD required: 15 credits for the project, 15 non-approved credits and 20 approved credits. I have 15 credits from the conversion so does that mean I can submit a plan for 35 SOA-approved credits? Can you tell I care a lot about PD. http://forums.clubsi.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Seriously, I can submit a plan for 35 approved credits??

annabel lee
02-28-2003, 02:55 PM
REALLY?! lol misinformed. I thought PD required: 15 credits for the project, 15 non-approved credits and 20 approved credits. I have 15 credits from the conversion so does that mean I can submit a plan for 35 SOA-approved credits? Can you tell I care a lot about PD.
Seriously, I can submit a plan for 35 approved credits??

PD requires 50 credits, 15 from project + 35 others. Of the "others," a max of 15 can be non-approved. If you have at least 15 from transition, you're exempt from the project and just need 35 "others." If all of your credits are approved, your approval process will probably be faster.

And yes, you can submit a plan for 35 approved credits. Just be sure to note on it that you have 15 credits from transisition, so your total is 50.

JO, I totally thought you were kidding in your first post...LOL.

JO
02-28-2003, 03:27 PM
Huh huh, I wasn't kidding at all! :D I knew it didn't make sense but that's what the SOA is usually all about so I didn't ask questions.

Well that's cool then. Other question: Do you think I could go to a conference on June 11th and then submit my executed plan and still make it to the August FAC??

Wyo
02-28-2003, 06:33 PM
Huh huh, I wasn't kidding at all! :D I knew it didn't make sense but that's what the SOA is usually all about so I didn't ask questions.

Well that's cool then. Other question: Do you think I could go to a conference on June 11th and then submit my executed plan and still make it to the August FAC??

The SOA website says the deadline for the August FAC is July 10; I think you should definitely submit your plan before the Vancouver SOA meeting on June 23-25, since I would expect a number of executed plans to be submitted shortly after that.

In my case, the deadline for the March FAC was January 20. However, I submitted my executed plan on January 23 (albeit, a 10-credit one) and it was approved on February 7--I was still offered a spot in the March FAC.

Before June 11, I'd recommend having everything else written up and discussed with your advisor in advance of the conference, so all you have to do after that is get your advisor approval on the last piece ASAP.