PDA

View Full Version : JAM manual Question

KK04
01-18-2008, 02:51 AM
How long did it take for you recieve this manual? My office ordered the manual + textbooks package from the Actex website on Moday. I am reading out of the old text books from our library until then....

Would it have been more helpful to read the textbook and the related chapter in the manual?

Thanks in advance!

anywhereman_nyc
01-18-2008, 06:54 PM
How long did it take for you recieve this manual? My office ordered the manual + textbooks package from the Actex website on Moday.
I am reading out of the old text books from our library until then....

Based on my personal experience, ACTEX usually processes and executes orders really fast. Still, if they ship from CT as usual and a recipient's address is somewhere in Anchoradge (AK) or near the Cape of Good Hope, delivery could take some time.

Would it have been more helpful to read the textbook and the related chapter in the manual?..

This was discussed many times at AO. Look at the earlier discussions related to this APM Exam, also FET Exam, also ERM Exam. All 3 exams have a number of intersections and seem to be closely interrelated.
Based on quite consistent opinions of recent APM/FET/ERM champions (Mary Pat Campbell, Yanz, Signumx, and others) and on my own (even though quite limited) experience, you definitely need to read at least the explicitly included in the syllabus material from the major textbooks by Hull, Hardy, 1600-page HOFIS by Fabozzi and Co., Crouhy & Co., Litterman & Co. Also, do a sufficient number of problems in Hull. I would say that the rest could vary. Some study notes do not seem to be readable at all. It probably makes sense to rely on the manual in these cases.