PDA

View Full Version : Time Spent

Chance123
01-22-2008, 04:57 PM
Sorry if this is discussed in another thread. I didn't see it, but could've just accidentally missed it.

How much time did you spend on the module (e.g., readings, exercises within the module, etc.)? How much time did you spend on the end-of-module exercise? Thanks!

OverStocked
01-28-2008, 11:18 AM
Sorry if this is discussed in another thread. I didn't see it, but could've just accidentally missed it.

How much time did you spend on the module (e.g., readings, exercises within the module, etc.)? How much time did you spend on the end-of-module exercise? Thanks!

A month, approx 40 hrs for mod and 10 for exercise.

Hairy Bactuary
05-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Sounds in line with SOA estimates. Not like the 12 hour FAP assessment estimate anyway...

inexactuary
06-02-2008, 11:28 AM
I highly recommend printing off the exercise at the beginning and making notes as you go along. I was able to do the exercise in only a few hours this way.

Chance123
06-02-2008, 09:51 PM
I highly recommend printing off the exercise at the beginning and making notes as you go along. I was able to do the exercise in only a few hours this way.

Ditto. I did the same thing and spent 3-4 hrs on the exercise.

A lot of this material was covered on DP so I think I ended up spending 8-10 hrs on the module (excluding the exercise).

Kristy
07-08-2008, 06:31 AM
Ditto. I did the same thing and spent 3-4 hrs on the exercise.

A lot of this material was covered on DP so I think I ended up spending 8-10 hrs on the module (excluding the exercise).

Wow, 8 - 10 hrs? Are you skimming or skipping the readings?

And do you think the readings are helpful for the exercises? Thanks.

Mel
07-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Kristy,

Note that Chance mentioned exam DP. Almost all of this material is covered there, except we are expected to "do the math" too instead of just understand concepts. If you have taken DP, then the module is really a review.

:oops: I, on the other hand, got a 5 on DP because I skipped a lot of the tax stuff b/c I ran out of time. So for me, the module is a great intro to studying this material for the October exam. It is taking me more than 8-10 hours for sure.

Kristy
07-10-2008, 02:00 AM
Kristy,

Note that Chance mentioned exam DP. Almost all of this material is covered there, except we are expected to "do the math" too instead of just understand concepts. If you have taken DP, then the module is really a review.

:oops: I, on the other hand, got a 5 on DP because I skipped a lot of the tax stuff b/c I ran out of time. So for me, the module is a great intro to studying this material for the October exam. It is taking me more than 8-10 hours for sure.

But considering the EOM exercise, do you think reading EVERY SINGLE word in the materials is necessary? Thanks

independent1019
01-08-2009, 11:18 AM
geezzzzz... i spend 80 hours on reading.. and so far... 10 sth on the EOM already... and I am still stuck on the EOM..

RhoRho
12-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Are people still finding this to be the same amount of time spent? If so, it seems like you should easily be able to complete the module in a month.

Captain Oveur
05-12-2014, 03:53 PM
Is "Who Killed Confederation Life?" at all relevant to the EOM?

ImFocusedMann
05-16-2014, 03:02 PM
I'm wondering this question as well... anyone can provide some insight?

siomai_lover
10-28-2015, 09:56 PM
I'll start the module this weekend; and plan to finish it by Mid-December.

For those who have just started, are you able to download the EOM immediately? I mean even before you have finished reading / skimming / skipping the readings?

fastcount
04-11-2018, 04:00 PM
Is "Who Killed Confederation Life?" at all relevant to the EOM?

None of the EOM questions reference this book. You should still read it since it's a good overview of what happened.

Lonestar
05-01-2018, 04:23 PM
4 years too late