PDA

View Full Version : Memorizing and reading

KK04
01-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Do you do this simultaneously? I've been reading the study notes today and I do understand the concept. But I am not sure if I should stop and memorize my notecards now instead of moving on to the next reading...

I just got my note cards last week so I did only 10 of them till now and am a little more ahead in my readings.

Car'a'carn
01-27-2008, 03:37 PM
Since I do not find any educational value in memorizing cards, I will start memorizing late March early April, this way I will be able to forget them really fast after May 9th.

KK04
01-27-2008, 03:52 PM
Since I do not find any educational value in memorizing cards, I will start memorizing late March early April, this way I will be able to forget them really fast after May 9th.

So I am guessing that you just try to memorize it while you are reading. Hmm...it seems like a battle to me:( I was just reading the SN on Caliberating the Models and my the time I got done reading it, I am in no mood to memorize anything in it!

Car'a'carn
01-27-2008, 04:11 PM
So I am guessing that you just try to memorize it while you are reading.

I am saying exactly the opposing. While reading I try to understand and pick some knowledge up. I leave the memorization for the end since I do not want to remember the stupid cards after the exam.

TiderInsider
01-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Just try and understand right now...don't start memorizing until 2-3 weeks before the exam. If you can look back over what you've read and think of a couple of points from each reading, it will be easier to memorize and you'll have a better idea of what is important.

Caramel
01-29-2008, 12:26 PM
I will start memorization process once I read through all the syllabus (hopefully understand all of them well too!); otherwise, I find it so hard to retain them now (there is no logical structure or "drawers" in my brain to put all the stuffs yet, I am building the "drawers/boxes" now).

Also, I used short-term memory to store the JAM cards, and back when I did C6, the JAM CDs helped (very painful experience though, I thought I was going mental with Carmody's voice and woke up in middle of night because I thought I heard one of his kid asking me "Are you paying attention?"). However, I am not sure if there are JAM CDs for C8?