PDA

View Full Version : My favorite readings

alagangang
03-04-2008, 11:00 PM
So far the No. 1 on my favorite list is HB of Portfolio Mgmt. Chapter 21 − A Return Attribution Model for Fixed Income Securities; concise, clear with little maths; both enlightening and entertaining.

TiderInsider
03-05-2008, 09:08 AM
No doubt it was this
Financial Decision-Making in Markets and Firms: A Behavioral Perspective

The "Stocks for the Long Run" was a close second.

remilard
03-05-2008, 09:11 AM
I just finished section 4.3 and I haven't read any of these so I guess what you guys are saying is that sections 5 and 6 are totally awesome?

TiderInsider
03-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Section 6 was my favorite...unfortunately it's stuff that is least likely to be asked on the exam (at least for big points).

Laurelinda
03-05-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm finishing up Section 4.3, too, so a final favorite will have to wait.

So far I like "Creating Value in Pension Plans -- or, Gentlemen Prefer Bonds" the best, if only for the title. I thought it was a fairly entertaining writing style, too, and nicely short. (SN 111)

KK04
03-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Wow.... I'm really amazed at your retention power, guys!!! I can't even remember the names of the chapters/ study notes from the first few Sections....

Bell
03-07-2008, 09:47 AM
i) Mary Hardy
ii) Hull.

Im still debating whether or not Hull shall be i) and Mary ii)

iii) Crouhy
iv) Fabozzi in investment management
v) Litterman
vi) The hand book. This is just a cure for insomnia

then the study notes.....

beck
03-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Section 6 was my favorite...unfortunately it's stuff that is least likely to be asked on the exam (at least for big points).

that's my fav part as well, and actually it was also the easiest part for me since i kind of specialized in behavioral finance/economics in university... that stuff could go really really deep