PDA

View Full Version : To those who went to the early JAM Seminar...

hamstrman
03-14-2008, 03:31 PM
How was it? Did it differ from other seminars you had been to for previous exams? Did it help you gain a new level of understanding or does it simply help to have something read out loud to you so you remember it better?

And by the way, I am officially freaking the f*ck out... too soon?

:shake2::-o:shudder::meltdown:

TiderInsider
03-17-2008, 06:37 PM
The seminar was good...I don't think I got to a new level of understanding as much as I now understand what my weak areas are. I would probably get something different out of the seminar if I was going in a few weeks.

If freaking out forces you to work harder, then its not to soon. I can't wake up at 5am if I'm not freaked out.

hamstrman
03-17-2008, 11:47 PM
Yeah, freaking out does make me work harder, but one day my heart will give out... at the ripe old age of 26 I assume. And I choose to not believe that there is a 5 am.

It's just weird imagining what the seminar will be like since there's less explanation rather than memorizing. What do they do, read it to you verbatim? My weak areas consist of the exam material itself; except for BSM, that I understand perfectly.

TiderInsider
03-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Carmody goes over the outline and adds some color. The most helpful parts are the problems he works and the practical exam tips.

KK04
03-19-2008, 01:17 AM
Have any of you who have been to the live seminar taken the online seminar as well? How do they compare? Any benefits from the live seminar that are sure to be missed in the online one?

KK04
03-20-2008, 11:12 AM
nobody??

AKD
03-20-2008, 03:57 PM
The live seminar forces you to realize your weaknesses...and hopefully address them. Like someone mentioned, the problems and exam tips are great. I wish I could afford to do the seminar again...say in mid April.

campbell
03-20-2008, 04:07 PM
In the online seminar last year, we did not get the exam tips and in-person working through an exam problem (I've not been to a Carmody live seminar, but I did do his online seminar last year... I passed.) However, after his live seminars were over, he emailed us his materials he used for the live seminar, so we could see the example exam problems he had presented.

Obviously not the same experience as being on-the-spot, watching him work through a problem, and getting the chance for immediate questions & answers.

KK04
03-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Thanks for your answers. I am just getting done with my readings. I hope we get the live seminar material soon.

campbell
03-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Thanks for your answers. I am just getting done with my readings. I hope we get the live seminar material soon.

I would email Carmody himself about this if I were you, just to make sure that he is doing the same this year. He won't be finished with his live seminars til April 1, so I imagine you won't get the material until after that session.

remilard
03-26-2008, 09:45 AM
Anyone else going to Chicago or is my suspicion that this is all an elaborate April Fool's Day hoax correct?

hamstrman
03-26-2008, 10:32 AM
Anyone else going to Chicago or is my suspicion that this is all an elaborate April Fool's Day hoax correct?

I and a coworker will be going.

examwritter
03-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Is there any additional question he gave out in the live seminar?

The Smokin' Cracktuary
03-26-2008, 12:56 PM

Yes and Yes.

I can't wait to see the look on your face!

remilard
03-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Yes and Yes.

I can't wait to see the look on your face!
Where are you guys? Seriously, this isn't funny anymore.

Stokeley
03-31-2008, 01:34 AM
Where are you guys? Seriously, this isn't funny anymore.

I'm in the lobby, where are you?

remilard
03-31-2008, 07:29 PM
I'm in the lobby, where are you?

There is a lobby?

ck
04-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Did Mike write any sample exams this time?