PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hitting it hard today...?

The Smokin' Cracktuary
05-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Just curious. I know a lot of people like to take the day off prior to the exam.

Personally, cramming as much as possible into short term memory is far too important. Especially for similar keeping things straight for similar topics and lists.

I'd lose everything about fixed income benchmarks/portfolio analysis relative to a fixed income benchmark/fixed income benchmark attribution/complex world of fixed income benchmarks/portfolio management relative to and index/components of price return of fixed income securities/structuring a performance measurement system/construction steps for a custom security-based bencmark/ and finally components of the total return approach.

While I know all of them, I lose track of which one is which. There is a lot of that in that section.

In any case, Tuesday + Wednesday + Thursday = about 25 hours for me. I had 17.5 coming into today.

Anyone esle cramming it up?

hamstrman
05-08-2008, 02:32 PM
While I know all of them, I lose track of which one is which. There is a lot of that in that section.

Agreed. I figure there's no way I can study fast enough to not forget what I started with.

In any case, Tuesday + Wednesday + Thursday = about 25 hours for me. I had 17.5 coming into today.

Anyone esle cramming it up?

If by cramming you mean studying for a casual 4-5 hours.

My Tuesday + Wednesday + Thursday = 15-16 hours.

H.R. Paperstacks
05-08-2008, 02:32 PM
the other actuary in my office took off.

campbell
05-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Good luck y'all.

sundwarf
05-08-2008, 04:05 PM
I think i put in 30 hrs since Monday. Yes, I am taking quite a few days off.

My goal was to go over ALL JAM cards today one more time. It sounds impossible, but I will try my best.

Laurelinda
05-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Agreed. I figure there's no way I can study fast enough to not forget what I started with.

Well put. I started at the beginning of the JAM cards 5 hours ago and have 150 of them left. Then it's on to some calculations, reading a few pages of the detailed outline, reading parts of the case study, and reviewing 10 flashcards I think I really should know and I never seem to be able to remember.

I've probably studied 30+ hours in the last three days.

Will Durant
05-08-2008, 09:41 PM
I hit it pretty hard today. Calling it quits now. Good look everybody!

Laurelinda
05-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Another half hour and then I'm going to call it quits, too. Going to take a hot shower and watch a movie. Best of luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of all of you when I'm not thinking about far scum, redstart cramps, the basic imp and my big old mortgage. :tup:

sundwarf
05-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Good luck everyone! Thanks for helping one another out in this sub-forum! I know you can all pass! hopefully me 2...

hamstrman
05-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Good luck everyone! Thanks for helping one another out in this sub-forum! I know you can all pass! hopefully me 2...

How noble of you. I'm going more for a "If I'm going down, I'm taking you all down with me" kind of attitude.