PDA

View Full Version : I am very disappointed I have not time to write all the relative information I know

yueZHAO
05-11-2008, 08:48 PM
I am very disappointed I have not time to write all the relative information I know.

Time is too limited.what is your opinion? :tfh:

Mr. BoH
05-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Welcome to SOA essay exams.

If you have enough time to write everything you know, you have virtually no chance of passing (because it means you didn't know nearly enough).

yueZHAO
05-11-2008, 11:14 PM
you may be right.

maybe I need write faster.

FoxtrotFool
05-12-2008, 10:13 AM
If writing too slowly is your problem, then it's just a matter of practicing.

What I find useful is to go through sample questions (from textbook, manuals, etc) and actually write out the answers as practice. Even after I read the answers and feel I understood the answers. The goal is to be able to write almost as fast as you can think.

AAA
05-12-2008, 04:42 PM
. Don't write too much details
. Carefully control your time

Caramel
05-13-2008, 05:41 PM
I am very disappointed I have not time to write all the relative information I know.

Time is too limited.what is your opinion? :tfh:

According to what I heard/understood from people who design essay exam questions, when SOA designs a 6 hours exam, they would design the questions that would need 8 hours to fully answer them. So from the start, we are already short of time, and exam candidate must be strategic to answer Qs with heavier weight (more points) and skip or just write down a few points for questions that have lesser points...