PDA

View Full Version : Exam released

Mr. BoH
05-20-2008, 02:22 PM
http://www.soa.org/files/pdf/edu-2008-05-apmv-exam.pdf

Laurelinda
05-20-2008, 04:14 PM
I just went through every problem and give myself a maximum possible score of 68: 43 in the morning and 25 in the afternoon. I sure hope that squeaks by...

sundwarf
05-20-2008, 05:41 PM
I just went through every problem and give myself a maximum possible score of 68: 43 in the morning and 25 in the afternoon. I sure hope that squeaks by...

Be optimistic! Don't forget that you can earn partial credits even if you are not getting the correct answers...

Laurelinda
05-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Be optimistic! Don't forget that you can earn partial credits even if you are not getting the correct answers...

I gave myself lots of partial credit. ;) Thanks for the encouragement, though!

hamstrman
05-20-2008, 07:17 PM

But there's no grading breakdown... or what constitutes a correct answer. How do you grade yourself at all?

Laurelinda
05-20-2008, 07:33 PM
But there's no grading breakdown... or what constitutes a correct answer. How do you grade yourself at all?

Just a performance-based estimate. I gave myself zero points where I remember not writing anything, full credit where I remember writing a ton, and a little bit of partial credit where I know I didn't have complete information. I call it a maximum score because it assumes the graders would like all of the answers I was comfortable with (realistic??)! :lol:

FoxtrotFool
05-23-2008, 09:32 AM
I hope you pass, too. 60% is 72, but if they disqualify a couple of those non-syllabus questions, that might lower the passing mark.

I really wish they be more specific regarding how the passmark is determined.

remilard
05-23-2008, 12:39 PM
I hope you pass, too. 60% is 72, but if they disqualify a couple of those non-syllabus questions, that might lower the passing mark.

I really wish they be more specific regarding how the passmark is determined.

There was more than 1/2 of a question that was non-syllabus?

sundwarf
05-23-2008, 12:52 PM
The passing score shouldn't be higher than 70 IMO. That will be a slaughter if so.

hamstrman
05-24-2008, 01:52 PM
There was more than 1/2 of a question that was non-syllabus?

Right, and it was only a 4 point question...

Of course, many of the morning questions I felt were quite vague and, while they may be on the syllabus, I couldn't tell you where because I still don't know what answers they were looking for.

FoxtrotFool
05-25-2008, 08:45 PM
sorry, I mean a couple of the sub questions (of that last question), roughly 2 points worth.

I had a similar experience last year, where I felt I had 45 points or so in the morning, and feeling that if I got 50%, I would pass... It was horrible in the afternoon where I was skipping questions left and right...

Hopefully I did better this time around