PDA

View Full Version : PD project - include company name?

Almost done
07-01-2003, 06:12 PM
I'm about to submit my executed PD plan and am wondering if it's OK to leave my company's name in there or should I be refering to it as Company XYZ?

I did include a page about the information being confidential. I just don't know if there are rules about including the name or not? What did you guys do?

Any help would be great since I want this thing outta here tomorrow!

Particle Man
07-01-2003, 08:15 PM
The guidelines for PD document submission indicate that you shouldn't use company letterhead, and the guidelines for electronic documents also indicate that employer information should not be included. It doesn't seem to be an outright ban on including your company name, but they seem to be leaning in that direction. To be on the safe side, I'd take it out or use your Company XYZ approach.

MG
03-24-2006, 04:46 PM
I just realized that I inadvertently included company info in my cover letter (sent out the initial plan package in the mail today) - I inserted a sentence to the effect of "please contact me at MG@company.com" in case there were problems.

Also, I was planning to send the initial plan electronically, but I would be inclined to do it using my work e-mail (since PD is, after all, falls under "work" as opposed to "personal" as far as my life goes), which essentially also gives away my company name. Is it OK to submit documents electronically from company e-mail, or do people generally use personal e-mail accounts? Will the SoA give me grief for this?

Thanks.

pepeTHEgrate
03-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Do not worry, it's definitely OK. I provided both work and personal addresses, and, by the SOA choice, all correspondence to both my adviser and me was exclusively through email at work. They did not mind.