PDA

View Full Version : A Students Guide to 8i -- Updates

Actuarybert
07-05-2003, 07:47 PM
I recently learned that the SoA has updated the syllabus for 8i. Chapter 3 of the LOMA book is now included in the syllabus, and the required sections of the Standard Nonforfeiture Law have changed.

I am currently working on updating A Student's Guide to 8i to reflect these changes. I'll do my best to make the new chapters available as soon as possible. I will work with Actex and Actuarial Bookstore to determine the best way to distribute the new chapters to everyone who has ordered a copy of the study guide.

Thanks for your patience, and thanks very much to the students who alerted me to the changes!

Ultimate Anyone?
07-14-2003, 03:27 PM
Sooo... any time frame on these changes? (Not to rush you or anything.... :P )

Actuarybert
07-15-2003, 12:47 AM
I'm almost finished writing the updates. I hope to finish proofreading and e-mail the updates to the bookstores by the end of this week. The bookstores will e-mail the updates to everyone who has purchased a copy of A Students Guide to 8i. My best guess is that you should receive the updates some time next week.

Thanks for your patience, and I hope everyone's studying is going well.

Actuarybert
07-17-2003, 01:07 AM
I just e-mailed the updates to Actex & Actuarial Bookstore. If you've purchased a copy of A Student's Guide to 8i, you should receive the updates some time in the next few days.

Happy studying. :wink:

Chai Latte
07-17-2003, 05:07 PM
Thanks, Actuarybert! :)

I received the updates today.

Han Solo
07-18-2003, 08:50 AM
Got them yesterday too. Thanks Actuarybert!

Abducens
07-30-2003, 03:09 PM
Passing 8i and ActuaryBert's manual are like macaroni and cheese. They just go together. ActuaryBert, you have my express written consent to use that to market your book, too.