PDA

View Full Version : What's the V for?

31n5te1n
12-24-2008, 08:13 PM
...in APMV?? :-?

hamstrman
12-24-2008, 09:43 PM
...in APMV?? :-?

This is purely speculative, but back in the day when the exams were 8V and the like, both the Individual exam and the Investment exam started with I, so the Investment exam got the identifier of V for inVestment and Individual got the I. When they switched systems, it stuck I guess.

Of course I could just be stating falsities.

31n5te1n
12-25-2008, 09:07 AM
This is purely speculative, but back in the day when the exams were 8V and the like, both the Individual exam and the Investment exam started with I, so the Investment exam got the identifier of V for inVestment and Individual got the I. When they switched systems, it stuck I guess.

Of course I could just be stating falsities.

I believe it...

I guess this wasn't such a dumb question after all.

Thanks!

By the way, I've always studied solely from a manual, but I thought I would try studying directly from the materials this time. I'm a bit nervous...

Any thoughts?

hamstrman
12-27-2008, 09:44 AM
I believe it...

I guess this wasn't such a dumb question after all.

Thanks!

By the way, I've always studied solely from a manual, but I thought I would try studying directly from the materials this time. I'm a bit nervous...

Any thoughts?

Both ways, in my opinion, are too extreme. I would study the manuals, but skim the materials to add notes to the manuals. so that you have an inbetween amount of knowledge on every topic.