05-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Is this important?

gaddy
05-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Is this important?

cute.

gaddy
05-05-2010, 10:02 AM
But in seriousness, I don't think for the past 9 offerings that it has had less than 2 points represented, usually 3-4. Assuming the test can be anywhere from 70-100 points, you judge how important 3 points is. Pretty long paper to get much out of at this point, though.

sohpmalvin
05-05-2010, 10:07 AM
May I know which part of the material covers this topic?

gaddy
05-05-2010, 10:14 AM
http://www.casact.org/admissions/syllabus/index.cfm?fa=5web

it's the Feldblum article.

jwhitaker
05-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Just a revolutionary way of looking at PC Insurance pricing. No big deal really. Don't bother yourself. Not worth the trouble. Just the most thoughtful paper and important topic covered on the whole exam. Waste of time really. In fact, completely pointless. CAS, could we please remove all exam topics that contain only ideas for improving PC insurance pricing methods, and gaining competitive advantage by moving beyond simplistic methods? I mean let's stick to practical, relevant stuff please :)

Vorian Atreides
05-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Just a revolutionary way of looking at PC Insurance pricing. No big deal really. Don't bother yourself. Not worth the trouble. Just the most thoughtful paper and important topic covered on the whole exam. Waste of time really. In fact, completely pointless. CAS, could we please remove all exam topics that contain only ideas for improving PC insurance pricing methods, and gaining competitive advantage by moving beyond simplistic methods? I mean let's stick to practical, relevant stuff please :)
So you're advocating that we should remove all material related to GLM and multivariate modeling?

I'm for that. :tup:

X Double Prime
05-05-2010, 05:23 PM
I think we will need to be able to explain and do an example of each of the following:

Business expansion example
Classification relativities example
Competitive strategy example

I say this because I skipped the work through on all but the first--they were too long to calculate within 5 minutes and they are built off of principles of the first--the exam committee has a knack for knowing which sections I skipped.