PDA

View Full Version : Transfer of credits from SOA to ASI.

Anitha Desai
09-22-2010, 09:59 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows how to get fellowship with the Actuarial Society of India, given tha you ahve some credentails with the SOA already. If one has the ASA designation, how would one go about getting the Associate designation from the ASI?
Thanks in advance,
AD.

sgtr
09-23-2010, 11:33 AM
If you are already an FSA, you can ask for affiliate membership from ASI and after 1 year of practicing in India ( and probably completing some professional development courses) you can apply for full membership for ASI as fellow.

If you are an ASA nothing much can be done, I guess. ASI do not mention any mutual recognition of exams with SOA.

Kartik Patel
10-04-2010, 03:06 AM
If you are already an FSA, you can ask for affiliate membership from ASI and after 1 year of practicing in India ( and probably completing some professional development courses) you can apply for full membership for ASI as fellow.

If you are an ASA nothing much can be done, I guess. ASI do not mention any mutual recognition of exams with SOA.

Yes. Correct.

FSA can apply for membership of IOAI but not ASA's (I am also in the same boat ... appearing for MLC & C).

However, CAS has already approached IOAI for credit transfer arrangement. But it will take more than a couple of years to work out the system. (That's what CAS told me in an e-mail.)

actuary_aspire
12-03-2010, 03:27 AM
I've sent them an email regarding this and haven't got a response yet.

Update:

No transfer of credits possible.