PDA

View Full Version : IT HAS BEGUN

Vorian Atreides
01-13-2011, 08:07 PM
If you can't tell, the changes are going on. Tom has asked me (more or less) to help coordinate the changes by facilitating feedback and gathering the "names" of those interested in helping transition some of the threads to the appropriate (sub-)Fora.

First, please continue to communicate suggested changes in the thread setup in General Exams (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/showthread.php?t=196002).

Second, please send me a PM if you'd be interested in helping move threads to their appropriate Forum. See the above referenced thread for additional details.

Tom expresses his gratitude with your patience as these changes are being made.

Vorian Atreides
01-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Quick follow up:

I've moved the threads that have conversations related to the new Exam 5 here.

As for "historical threads" that would still have relevance with the new material, unless the discussion is directly related to the current (2011) syllabus material (e.g., threads on Feldblum's Asset Share Pricing article), I don't plan to move to the main thread given that much of the terminology could be more confusing than helpful.

With that said, if anyone has a particular thread that they think would be highly benefical for the current material (in spite of differences in terminology), please feel free to send me a PM with a link to the relevant thread and we'll see about getting it moved. I'll even go through the effort to add comments to help tie terminology to the current (2011) material.

Andytal
01-19-2011, 02:10 PM
The "Exam 5" link on the main page takes you to the old part 5 (ratemaking) sub forum. Seems to me like it'd make more sense for it to link to the new exam 5 forum. Was this something I missed in the forum transition?

Vorian Atreides
01-19-2011, 02:25 PM
If you're talking about the "drop down" links, you're right in that they still reference the old Exams.

And I agree with you in making this change. I believe I've brought that to Tom's attention; but it's one of my checklist items to make sure that it's changed. It just might take a bit to get that done.

Andytal
01-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Cool. Sounds like it's under control and it'll get done when it gets done. Thanks for all your work coordinating the move, VA!

Vorian Atreides
01-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Cool. Sounds like it's under control and it'll get done when it gets done. Thanks for all your work coordinating the move, VA!
Thanks. Much obliged for the call outs of things needing changed and appreciate the patience while it's getting done. :-)