PDA

View Full Version : Done with the Exam? Share your Exam 5 study notes here!

Tom
09-27-2006, 02:51 PM
You can post your notes online using the upload button after clicking post reply, or you can always email them to me at tom(at)actuarialoutpost.com. If that isn't easy enough, just PM me here (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/private.php?do=newpm&userid=8666) and I can send you my fax number or we can work something else out!

Any questions about what/how to post, can be answered here! (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/showthread.php?t=67907)

Thanks! :wave:

=====================
\\\\\\\ please read ///////
=====================

Posts in this thread that do not have notes attached are likely to be deleted!

Members who donate notes* will be added to a user group much like the site supporters. This group will have added privileges such as a larger avatar and a custom user title other than 'member.'

Please note that some notes may be out of date, contain information that may no longer be tested, or not cover all required information for your exam. Please check your exam syllabus for a list of required study topics for your exam, before relying on these notes.

Notes that have been donated have not been checked for accuracy! If you do find an error in any of the notes, please feel free to point them out. Tom or a moderator can edit the post where they were uploaded to call the error to everyone's attention.

Please only post notes that you own or have permission to post. Please respect other’s intellectual property and only post notes that meet our copyright policy.

Thanks again,

Tom :wave:

*a respectable amount

=====================
/////// please read \\\\\\\
=====================

CAS Part 6 Useful Links

-Here's a helpful thread on the CAS Grading Process (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/showthread.php?t=129756)
-PM me to add another link here

MooMoo
07-15-2009, 03:21 PM
This took me a while so I think it's mostly right (let me know if you see otherwise) and it contains the data triangles with all the calculations for almost all exhibits involving the "XYZ insurer" with a summary at the beginning (which has some ULAE stuff too).

Hope it helps!

antisyst3m
01-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Note files that are not applicable to the 2011 Syllabus are crossed out.

CAS VFIC -- Graphical example of the 10/10 rule.

Clark -- Expanded sliding scale commission table. Single, double, and triple loss corridors.

Conger/Nolibos -- Summarized exhibits (red values are hardcoded) and a few custom problems. Note: This is now incorporated in Friedland's
Chapter 17 – Estimating Unpaid Unallocated Claim Adjustment Expenses.

A few words on Friedland. At the top of each tab, I've included the appropriate section and page number so you can associate the text with the exhibits. Also, pretty much everything is formula-driven so this is about as complete as you're going to get.

Friedland ALAE -- Auto Property Damage Insurer. Page 375 to 385.

Friedland Auto Collision Insurer -- Pages 215 to 222. Development method plus some frequency/severity stuff.

Friedland - BS Auto BI -- Berquist/Sherman techniques. Pages 304 to 315. Includes LINEST formulas to show how Friedland calculates various regression components.

Friedland - BS Med Mal -- Pages 294 to 301.

Friedland - Case Outstanding Method II -- A rehash of exhibit on p. 282.

Friedland - DC Insurer -- Pages 362 to 364. Annual and monthly expected reporting.

Friedland - Expected Claims -- Pages 140 to 141.

Friedland - GL Self Insurer -- Pages 243 to 254. More fun with regression.

Friedland - SS and Recoveries -- Pages 333 to 344.

Friedland - US Industry Auto -- Multi-chapter (7, 8, 9, 10, 12) methods using US Industry Auto data.

Friedland - US PP Auto Changing Conditions -- Multi-Chapter methods on changing claim ratios and case outstanding.

Friedland - WC Self Insurer -- Severity trending using the data from the WC Self Insurer.

Friedland - XYZ Ch1 Stuff -- Various commentary for the chapter 1 XYZ insurer analysis.

Friedland - XYZ Insurer -- All XYZ Insurer exhibits containing detail from chapters 7 to 15.

Siewert -- The most important tab is "Lim XS Dev" which shows how one shifts between limited and excess development using the formulas. Other tabs include "table 1", calculating aggregate ultimates, and service revenue.

SS Reinsurance -- A graphical view of surplus share reinsurance that you might find useful.

Pinto/Gogol -- Exhibits that show how to move back and forth between PY/AY and Paid/Incurred data. Other exhibits include RAA tail factor calculations, layer development, Feldblum's "non-formula" (from NEAS text) method of calculating layer LDF's, and future premium development.

Teng Perkins -- All exhibits. Yes, I actually hand-keyed exhibits 6 and 7:geek:. This is a nice way to see all of the components of the premium asset in one place.

Friedland Questions -- Some Friedland sample questions I put together. Please forgive any errors (I'm pretty good at making them).

Surplus Relief -- A guide on accounting debits versus credits. Also includes a SAP and GAAP guide to calculating surplus relief.

Zmog
06-20-2014, 01:49 AM
Exam 5 flash cards on Quizlet: http://quizlet.com/_gohv3

CuriousGeorge
06-24-2014, 01:03 PM
Here's what I had for consolidating different methods, so I could compare them side by side. The attachment has:

Reserve Methods - assumptions, when they are used, performance with the different scenarios

Diagnostics - what they test for, what to look at

ULAE Methods - assumptions, main mechanics, main uses

Complements of Credibility - desirable qualities

Harwayne's method - sample problem example

Jade Flamingo
07-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Checklist and summary of all/most exam 5 concepts.

Couldn't upload the docx due to invalid file. Message me if you would like a copy.
Good luck.

konthorn123
10-16-2014, 11:18 AM
Checklist and summary of all/most exam 5 concepts.

Couldn't upload the docx due to invalid file. Message me if you would like a copy.
Good luck.

Thank you so much guy!