PDA

View Full Version : Advice to those on the retirement track

BadBeatMe
01-15-2011, 05:20 PM
This is just my personal opinion for those on the retirement track who are considering this module - DON'T DO IT.

The material in this module is far beyond the level required for our jobs and I don't feel like I had the assumed knowledge coming into this. I obviously can't compare it directly to the operational risk module since I never took it but I very much wish I could go back and decide to take that module instead of this one.

Hopefully some other pension actuaries who have taken this module can throw their two cents in.

Colymbosathon ecplecticos
01-15-2011, 05:24 PM
The material in this module is far beyond the level required for our jobs ...

Why would anyone study for an exam to do their current job?

SirVLCIV
03-24-2011, 12:53 AM
This is just my personal opinion for those on the retirement track who are considering this module - DON'T DO IT.

The material in this module is far beyond the level required for our jobs and I don't feel like I had the assumed knowledge coming into this. I obviously can't compare it directly to the operational risk module since I never took it but I very much wish I could go back and decide to take that module instead of this one.

Hopefully some other pension actuaries who have taken this module can throw their two cents in.

Too late, already signed up for it ;-)

And I start reading the material Monday...

HatCapitol
03-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Too late, already signed up for it ;-)

And I start reading the material Monday...

lol @ too late, as if you hadn't already read this before signing up. You did and chose to ignore it.

Let me know how you like the module though, I'd be curious to hear since I opted for OR. Lotta reading for that one so far, gonna start on the exercise soon. That is, if I ever get a reprieve from all this frickin' work.