PDA

View Full Version : Two Exams

the ln(e)
01-27-2011, 04:10 PM
Anyone else taking two exams this sitting?

Feeling pretty exhausted already...

Vorian Atreides
01-27-2011, 04:41 PM
5B and 9 for me. :judge:

monkey2003
01-27-2011, 05:55 PM

Does taking 5A and 5B count?

GooseyGoose
01-27-2011, 07:23 PM
1.5 Exams, not 2.

It also seems pretty silly. If you pass both, you still won't decrease travel time unless you are sitting for 2 exams in the fall.

chicken_po_boy
01-27-2011, 10:05 PM
1.5 Exams, not 2.

It also seems pretty silly. If you pass both, you still won't decrease travel time unless you are sitting for 2 exams in the fall.

Sure it will, assuming he needs 5B, 6, 7, 8, and 9 (as I do too). Taking and passing both 5B and 9 this spring would decrease time to FCAS by 6 months.

FCAZ
01-28-2011, 11:37 AM

If you feel tired already, I suggest you pick 1 exam and stick with it. Having taken 2 exams (3L and 7US) and getting the dreaded double nickle, I speak from experience. It was extremely exhausting and ended up hurting my travel time rather than helping. From then on I took 1 per sitting, passed each confidently and reached the end.

I know people have passed multiple exams but there aren't many who can pull it off. If you can, then mad props but if you can't then admit it, take 1 and keep ticking them off 1 sitting at a time.

the ln(e)
01-28-2011, 03:48 PM
To be honest, I started this thread to find other people taking two exams, so I can message them privately. This is b/c whenever I ask about dual exams, I get a lot of condescending remarks.

The funny thing is, the condescension always tends to fire me up to study harder, but I still don't like it, and I'd rather just talk it out with other people who are going for the same thing.

And FCAZ, I'm tired, but I'm on schedule, and I feel the pass coming on if I continue at this pace. I already finished my first run through for one exam including all prior questions, and I'm on schedule given a normal study pace for the other exam.

Look, I don't care if you tried and failed. There's no point in hearing that from you if I'm determined to go for it. I'm interested in people trying, or in people who've tried and made it.

FCAZ
01-28-2011, 05:09 PM
To be honest, I started this thread to find other people taking two exams, so I can message them privately. This is b/c whenever I ask about dual exams, I get a lot of condescending remarks.

The funny thing is, the condescension always tends to fire me up to study harder, but I still don't like it, and I'd rather just talk it out with other people who are going for the same thing.

And FCAZ, I'm tired, but I'm on schedule, and I feel the pass coming on if I continue at this pace. I already finished my first run through for one exam including all prior questions, and I'm on schedule given a normal study pace for the other exam.

Look, I don't care if you tried and failed. There's no point in hearing that from you if I'm determined to go for it. I'm interested in people trying, or in people who've tried and made it.
Hey, good luck to you. If you only want to focus on the upside and ignore the reality of the downside, then knock yourself out. I tried to give you honest feedback and another data point for your consideration. If you don't pass then I reserve the right to mock you relentlessly.

the ln(e)
01-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Ok, fair enough. I think that would be well deserved.

Vorian Atreides
01-28-2011, 05:23 PM
I would like to reserve my place in line to mock you relentlessly too . . . whether or not you "get 'er done"! :judge:

jbraun60176
01-28-2011, 05:52 PM

This reminds me of a joke:

"What do actuaries use for birth control?...........Their personalities"

Personally I use my teeth, which you might have guessed from my picture.

periculum
02-02-2011, 03:34 PM
I think you should go for it, if you can pass 5B and 9 that would be great.

I assume though, in order to get your FCAS this year, you are aiming on passing 6 & 8 in the Fall.

Ninja Warrior
02-02-2011, 03:41 PM
I am taking 5A and 3F, so it is 1.5 exam or 1 exam depending on whether 3F is regarded as a full or half exam.