PDA

View Full Version : POKER: Game variations

vegas
12-31-2003, 09:21 AM
OK, so I am looking over the party poker hold em games, and I am confused. Obviously the ones that say $1/$2 are simply limit games with max bets.

Then, there are games like "NL $25". Does this mean everyone buys in for $25 and can bet as much as they have. If so, are there re-buys? Can people enter once a game has started?

Also, I saw games like with a "PL" in the explanation. What does this mean?

Finally, can anyone give an explanation on how the tournaments work? I guess some of them are one table only tournament and some may have several tables. I am mostly concerned with the time required to play a tourni and taking breaks during the tourni.

FSAme
12-31-2003, 09:39 AM
OK, so I am looking over the party poker hold em games, and I am confused. Obviously the ones that say $1/$2 are simply limit games with max bets. Correct

Then, there are games like "NL $25". Does this mean everyone buys in for $25 and can bet as much as they have. If so, are there re-buys? Yes, $25 max each time Can people enter once a game has started? Yes, it's just a regular table game, not a tourney, be careful which ones you sit at, if a person has $100+ at a $25 NL, that means they've won quite a bit and can be the table bully

Also, I saw games like with a "PL" in the explanation. What does this mean? Pot limit, max bet each time is equal to the size of the pot, + a standard raise

Finally, can anyone give an explanation on how the tournaments work? I guess some of them are one table only tournament and some may have several tables. I am mostly concerned with the time required to play a tourni and taking breaks during the tourni. Some are one table - 30 minutes to 1 hour, and some are multi-table - depends on # of entrants, but can last a long time. Just look at some of the multi-table tournaments that say "finished" and you can get an idea how long they lasted. All multi table tournaments have a 5 minute break every hour

DblDownTrent
10-18-2006, 04:01 PM
OK, so I am looking over the party poker hold em games, and I am confused. Obviously the ones that say $1/$2 are simply limit games with max bets.

Then, there are games like "NL $25". Does this mean everyone buys in for $25 and can bet as much as they have. If so, are there re-buys? Can people enter once a game has started?

Finally, can anyone give an explanation on how the tournaments work? I guess some of them are one table only tournament and some may have several tables. I am mostly concerned with the time required to play a tourni and taking breaks during the tourni.

I'd be careful. A little birdie told me you aren't allowed to play on party in the US anymore - at least if you have a US address.

fallout
10-18-2006, 04:35 PM

I'd be careful. A little birdie told me you aren't allowed to play on party in the US anymore - at least if you have a US address.

at least if you only have a US address

IFYP

hardinda
10-18-2006, 06:21 PM
I like variations on poker.

I do well at Razz, Omaha and Holdem.

Dr T Non-Fan
10-18-2006, 06:24 PM
I consider a forum to have "jumped the shark" when there are more bumped threads than original ones on the front page.

hardinda
10-18-2006, 06:27 PM
I consider a forum to have "jumped the shark" when there are more bumped threads than original ones on the front page.

Ah, that's where you are wrong my friend ... this forum is full of fish, not sharks.

Dr T Non-Fan
10-18-2006, 06:43 PM

Ah, that's where you are wrong my friend ... this forum is full of fish, not sharks.
I withdraw my statement. Carry on.
Do note that Jews might consider such bottom-feeding of threads to be not Kosher, not unlike shrimp, lobster, etc.