PDA

View Full Version : ISO PAM

Yodamon
03-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Just got to the ISO PAM questions in my study manual, and most if not all of them seem like they can't be answered without having the text in front of you or a photographic memory. Does anyone know if we are given a copy of the ISO manual pages (or any other pages for that matter) during the exam, or are we supposed to have it memorized?

Vorian Atreides
03-08-2011, 11:01 AM
You are given a copy of the ISO PAM for the Exam.

The key here is to know where exactly to find the answer to a particular question.

JasonScandopolous
03-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Does anybody know what past exam questions pertain to the ISO PAM? I had a TIA book from the old syllabus, and either I lost some pages or there weren't any practice problems listed for this.

Vorian Atreides
03-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Look at the following (old) Exam problems for examples of where the PAM can be useful.

Note that not every year will ask a question that requires the PAM.

2007 #5
2009 #9 (parts b and c)

Yodamon
03-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Thanks! I don't know what I'd do without outpost, nobody at my work is taking exams so it seems like every day I learn something new about the upper level exams. We can bring food? We can get our exam back with a stamped envelope? There's a 15 minute reading period? Just some of the things I learn between CAS and AO. Hopefully there aren't too many surprises left.

Vorian Atreides
03-11-2011, 09:24 AM
I think the food item will be location dependent; so don't hang your hat on being able to chow down on those banana chips until you confirm with the testing location that they permit food.

Gareth Keenan
03-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Your exam confirmation, the one with your candidate number, should have contact info for you exam center. When in doubt, just call. I've done that in the past, and the proctors have permitted me to bring in a protein bar. So long as the snacks are not obnoxiously disruptive i don't think it would be a problem.

But when in doubt, call the proctor. It's harder to say no on the phone than it is in an email.

Gareth Keenan