PDA

View Full Version : Taking EA (before filing the intial PD plan)

Lemon
01-06-2004, 01:20 AM
Traci:

FYI - I comfirmed with the SOA that you still get the 25 PD credits by 'passing' all the EA exams even if for some reason you don't get the EA 'designation'.

Others:

I would like to comfirm if it is possible to take the EA exams before filing the initial plan. I would be surprised if this is not allowed as it's an exam validated approach.

I m asking this because with no exams to take in Spring '04 and course 8 in Fall, by the time i'll submit the initial plan I may have passed all the EA exams and also have the 15 credits normally allowed to earn before filing the initial plan. Ofcourse the 25-month period will commence from the date of the earlist thing included in my PD plan.

Fortal
01-06-2004, 10:26 AM
I would like to comfirm if it is possible to take the EA exams before filing the initial plan. I would be surprised if this is not allowed as it's an exam validated approach.

I m asking this because with no exams to take in Spring '04 and course 8 in Fall, by the time i'll submit the initial plan I may have passed all the EA exams and also have the 15 credits normally allowed to earn before filing the initial plan. Ofcourse the 25-month period will commence from the date of the earlist thing included in my PD plan.

I believe it is possible, since you can be a (non-FSA) EA and ASA. Now, Lemon, what are the 15 credits that are allowed before filing initial plan? Are these transition credits???

Jen
01-06-2004, 11:01 AM
Lemon,

If I already have SOA course 1-6, do I get any credit for any one of the EA exams? To me, there seem to be quite some overlaps between the tracks. Please advise.

Thanks.

Lemon
01-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Fortal:

They are not trasitional credits. The Society allows you to include upto 15 credits through seminars etc. 'before' filing the initial PD plan. Like in my case i'll be filing after taking course 8 this fall, so in the mean time i can attend seminars etc. and get the 15 credits. The rest i'll have to get after my plan is approved.

I am planning to use EA to get the 25 PD credits.

Lemon
01-06-2004, 02:19 PM
Jen:

You are right in that there seems to be some overlap in the tracks but you can only get credit for EA-1.

I just got this e-mail form 'pdcomments' :

"It is possible to take the EA exams before filing an Initial PD plan, as it is
an Exam-Validated option" :)

Jen
01-06-2004, 02:35 PM
Jen:

You are right in that there seems to be some overlap in the tracks but you can only get credit for EA-1.

I just got this e-mail form 'pdcomments' :

"It is possible to take the EA exams before filing an Initial PD plan, as it is
an Exam-Validated option" :)

Lemon,

I assume that EA-1 + EA-2A+EA-2B = 25PD credits, am I right?

Besides, where can I go to find some proof of this course 2&3 credit for EA-1 thing?

Thanks a lot.

Lemon
01-06-2004, 02:50 PM
Jen:

Yes you are right and you will definitely get the credit for EA-1. As for the source, I read it once in the society catalog regarding the EA-1 waiver.