PDA

View Full Version : PD: Peer Review Forms

Just Answer My Questions
02-01-2004, 02:58 PM
The Health Approved Executive Plan (http://www.soa.org/eande/Approv_ExPlans.html)

has peer review forms - but I can't find these forms anywhere. Are they required or was it something additional that this keen candidate did?

McBain
02-02-2004, 09:20 AM
Are they required? Who knows.

Did I include a peer review in my plan? Absolutely.

It doesn't take that long to type up a sheet like the one in the sample approved plan, and hopefully your peers won't mind filling it out.

I have no idea what kind of cursory check all plans get, or how they decide which ones to review in depth. All I know is that I tried to give them exactly what I thought they might want. Who knows if it made any difference in the review of my plan, but I sent in a 45 credit PD plan on December 19, and they approved it on December 30.

Axsuetarian
02-02-2004, 09:55 AM
McBain,

Any tips on how long the writeups should be (1/2 pg per PD credit is what I keep hearing). Plus, should we write about what WE learned and/or why it's useful, NOT what the content of the PD session was

Also, any recommendations on how long a project should be. Writeup length, number of graphs/charts/etc.

As you know, they give very little guidance on all this. It is very reassuring to know they accepted your plan so quickly!

McBain
02-04-2004, 08:51 AM
All my write-ups were for 1.5 credits, and ranged from 1.5-3 pages.

My understanding is that they are definitely looking more for what you learned and how you will apply it, so I tried to keep that in mind while doing the write-ups.

As far as the written report part of the project , I followed the format learned in Course 7 (executive summary, intro, data, model, analysis, conclusions/recommendations, appendix). Turned out to be 12 pages in total. Just throw in the graphs you think are most relevant or tell the most interesting story.

You're right...they give little guidance, which is frustrating. However, I finally concluded that since there's not much guidance, they must be willing to accept a wide range of plans. I think if somebody puts in an honest effort, they'll be fine. Whereas if you try to shortcut it, there's a greater chance you'll run into problems.