PDA

View Full Version : Executed PD Plan Review

LastExamTaker
02-17-2004, 06:07 PM
I just sent in my Executed PD Plan today (Yippee!!!) I know that the web site says to allow 3-4 weeks for review, but I wondering if that is how much time people are experiencing it takes. I'm hoping to get in the May FAC. I know that I should have enough time, but not if the May FAC is filling up. I may be able to register in time, but there might not be room for me. I so don't want to spend 3 days in Virginia at the end of August. I don't do well in heat.

McBain
02-18-2004, 08:29 AM
My PD plan (45 credits) was approved in 5 or 6 business days this past December. A co-worker sent his in at the same time and had similar approval time. Seems clear that neither got a full review, which is where I imagine things could get bogged down.

Axsuetarian
02-18-2004, 08:57 AM
Hey LastExamTaker,

Please let us know once you get your FAC application (and here's hoping that it comes soon!)

I'm actually hoping to submit my executed plan between 3/7 and 3/14 to still make the May FAC. Am I dreaming?

sayhey
02-18-2004, 09:52 AM
I submitted my executed plan on Feb 9th. I only had 10 credits to finish. I am hoping to get a quick response. I'll let you know when I get approval and if there is still room in Montreal.

sayhey
02-18-2004, 12:43 PM
Well that was very quick. I got my FAC registration material right after that last post. So it took about 6 - 7 business days.

Hope to see you all in Montreal.

LastExamTaker
02-18-2004, 05:09 PM
You guys have given me hope that it will take less than 3-4 weeks.

I only had 25 credits to do (no project) so I'm really really hoping for quick turn around.

JTBenson
02-23-2004, 05:37 PM
I sent this question to the Ombudsperson, but someone here might be able to answer. I have 30 PD Credits through conversion and other exam options. Would I have to do a paper or could I do the entire 20 through seminars. With my job now, I go to 3-4 seminars a year anyway, so it would be very easy to do it through that. Of course, I am not opposed to writing a paper, but if I don't have to then I don't want to.

Michel de Nostradamus
02-24-2004, 12:44 AM
JT B.,

You don't have to do the project if you have a min of 15 credits upon conversion. You have the option of doing so if you have to.

I read mayreeh opted to do a project because she had a work-related one readily.

Just Answer My Questions
02-24-2004, 01:43 PM
Does the executive plan approval come in the form of a letter or email? Does it include the FAC registration form? Do you need to get the FAC registration in before the FAC deadline, or is it the date of Executive plan approval that matters?

JO
02-24-2004, 02:57 PM
F****ck......

I sent my executed plan on February 5th and still no word from the SOA yet..It was for 35 SOA-approved credits. I'm feeling nervous as I'm 100% positive they're scanning through mine.

By the way, how do you get notice if your plan was approved or not, do they send you an e-mail? I e-mailed my initial plan initially but not the executed plan.

EDIT - LOL looks like I couldn't read the post above mine! :D

sayhey
02-24-2004, 05:07 PM
I got an email with the FAC registration and a letter the next day with the approved executed plan.

The FAC registration form can be faxed in, all you have to do is print your name as you want it on your diploma (and if you're French you have to say whether you are masculine or feminine).

Axsuetarian
02-25-2004, 08:49 AM
And what to do you if you are a...... er....... masculine female?

Axsuetarian
02-26-2004, 08:58 AM
Anyone out there had their PD plan reviewed and returned for further explanation or additional work? I'm curious what the SoA comes back with when they "audit" a plan

JO
02-26-2004, 11:07 AM
I might be able to tell you, 3 weeks as of today and still no news.. :(

actuarygirl
03-01-2004, 03:20 PM
I sent my executed plan for all 50 credits about 2 weeks ago and received approval today! HOORAY!!!! Looking forward to Montreal! :)

Oh, and I received a letter from the SOA, not an e-mail. It says that the registration for the FAC will be mailed shortly.

JO
03-01-2004, 05:40 PM
From pdcomments:

"Dear Mr. JO,
Your plan was just approved late last week. You and your advisor should be receiving confirmation letters in the mail shortly.
Thank you, and good luck to you!"

HELL YEAH WOOOOHOOOOOO!!! :o

pilotfish
03-11-2004, 02:35 PM
I sent in my executed PD package (project only, had 35 transition credits) on 2/18 and haven't heard anything. Did you all receive confirmations that the SOA had received the package or just a notice once the review was complete? I'm just concerned that maybe it never got there, but I probably won't send an email for another week or two unless I was supposed to get a email acknowleding receipt of the package.

Thanks!

JO
03-11-2004, 03:03 PM
It took 3.5 weeks for me, don't despair young Jedi!

TakeNine
03-11-2004, 11:15 PM
Took me the full 4 weeks to get a response. But I did get a response, and now it's on to Montreal! :toast: