PDA

View Full Version : Rotation is goor or not

Anonymous
02-27-2002, 02:01 AM
Actuarial program in big company usually have a rotation program for actuarial student. For example, you rotated past 4 years like this . life, investment, pension, health and pass 4 exams. If you stay with that company, you won't have a probleem.
However, if you try to change your job to another company such as pension company, he has only one year experience of pension and 4 exams. It might be a disadvantage to get into pension company because pension company have to compensate you for 4 exams even if you don't have a lot of experience in pension field.
Of course, rotation program give you option that you can try couple of fields until you find your niche.
how do you think about rotation program?
Is it good or bad?

Anonymous
02-27-2002, 02:02 AM
Its goor.

L. Mo
02-27-2002, 11:33 AM
Rotation programs are good, because they let you see different aspects of actuarial work.

If you enjoyed your pension rotation, I don't see how you would have problems switching to a pension company. You've seen the other (life, health, etc.,) and have chosen to do pensions. You have 4 years experience, even though they're not all in pensions.

Anonymous
02-27-2002, 12:10 PM
Anonymous,

Iím not a member of the grammar police and I understand we are all typing quickly but I find your writing style very interesting. Iíve noticed a dearth but not a complete absence of direct and indirect objects in your post, especially where they would relieve some awkwardness in your sentence structure. The same can be said of your use of plural nouns.

Iíve noticed this writing style is common among students from the Orient. Do most Oriental languages use direct and indirect objects and plural nouns?

Iím not trying to be a wise-ass but am genuinely interested.

Thanks.

Anonymous
02-27-2002, 01:40 PM
Grammar police want to be,

Like you said, we are all typing quickly when we post here.
Donít bother as long as someone brings a new topic.

Back to the topic, I feel rotation has more upside than downside.