PDA

View Full Version : Monopoly: Special Edition variations?

Ultimate Anyone?
04-06-2004, 09:34 AM
A friend of mine was telling me about the Lord of the Rings Special Edition Monopoly game, and here's the optional twist you can throw in:

We played it with the optional One Ring rule. One of the dice shows Sauron's eye instead of a 1. When it comes up, the ring (which starts on Bag End, a.k.a. Mediterranean Avenue) advances to the next colored property. When it makes it all the way around the board (to Mount Doom, a.k.a. Boardwalk), the game's over. That's a nice non-deterministic time limit. [...] There's another effect if you land on the property with the ring. If it's unowned, you get it free; otherwise, you pay double rent. Do many of the special edition Monopoly games have extra rules like this?

I checked the PowerPuff Girl Monopoly edition I had, and it offered this variation:

Start by placing the 3 villians in jail. Then use the following rules when rolling doubles (these replace the standard doubles rules):

POWERPUFF DOUBLES
If you roll doubles, move your token as usual (the sum of the two dice), and do what the space says. Now you have two choices:

1) Roll the dice again
2) You may move a villian to any property space on the board. NOTE: Only one villian may be on a property space at a time.

VILLIAN MOVEMENT
If a villian is moved to an unowned property, that property can be battled for by any of the players who would like (and have enough money) to buy it. All players wishing to make the purchase roll two dice. The player rolling the highest total of the two dice wins the battle and gets the property for the price shown on the board. In case of a tie, the tied players reroll the dice.

If a villian is moved to an owned property, the villian prevents the property owner from automatically collecting rent. Instead, when a player lands on an owned property occupied by a villian, s/he rolls the two dice.

- If roll is seven or higher, the villian has been defeated and the villian goes back to jail. As a reward for sending the villian to jail, the player does not have to pay the property owner rent for this turn.
- If roll is six or less, the villian stays on the property and the player must pay the appropriat rent to the owner.

If property owner lands on space w/ villian, roll the dice as above - villian either goes to jail or stays.

Note: If villian is moved to a space and a player is already there, player remains there w/o penalty.

Soooo... anyone else out there know if the other Monopoly special editions have optional special rules, and if so, what are they?

Jables
04-06-2004, 09:45 AM
Star Wars Monopoly?
Gallip-olopoly?
Edna Krabopoly?

RedSoxFan
04-06-2004, 10:11 AM
I checked the PowerPuff Girl Monopoly edition I had, and it offered this variation:

Dude, why do you own the PowerPuff Girl Monopoly special edition? :-?

Sunny
04-06-2004, 10:20 AM
:lolup:

Why don't we just play the Lord of the Rings version? Would love that!

In fact, that might encourage me to read all the books over again, including the Hobbit and The Simarilian.

abacustwo
04-06-2004, 10:49 AM
Ghettopoly (http://www.ghettopoly.com/)

I think 2pac would like one of those pieces...

Ultimate Anyone?
04-06-2004, 10:53 AM

Dude, why do you own the PowerPuff Girl Monopoly special edition? :-?
You got something against the PowerPuff Girls?? :swear:

O. Hannah
04-06-2004, 11:17 AM
Ghettopoly (http://www.ghettopoly.com/)

I think 2pac would like one of those pieces...

The saddest thing about this game wasn't the fact that it is "racist" .... it's that the inventor got the idea after watching BET and modeled the game off of the stuff he saw there in rap videos etc.

So, the inventor of the game is called a racist/store boycotts are demanded......and the founder of BET gets an NAACP image award. :shake: