PDA

View Full Version : I'm liking Poker Stars

hardinda
04-14-2004, 01:51 PM
I've been playing Party poker for 3 or 4 months now, done pretty well. Mostly in SNG's, not the multi's. Just switched over to start playing Poker Stars this week. Here is my result from last night:

Subject: Results for PokerStars Tournament 1386255
PokerStars Tournament #1386255, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00
770 players
Total Prize Pool: $27030.00
Tournament started - 2004/04/13 - 22:15:00 (ET)

Dear hardinda,

You finished the tournament in 5th place.
A $1,486.66 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

I have been reading the posts on this site for awhile, thought it was about time I shared one of my own. Good luck to all. Maybe I'll chime in to a few more of these posts.

FSAme
04-14-2004, 01:57 PM
Nice job!

Well, if you've been reading these posts, then you know the only reason you finished in the top 9 was the fact that you recently deposited money. :roll:

hardinda
04-14-2004, 02:00 PM
Yeah, and that "Premier" guy I was playing with at the final table must "recently deposit" a lot of money :)

I think he's been monthly tournament leader at Poker Stars a couple of times.

hardinda
04-14-2004, 02:04 PM
One more thing ... I was checking to see if people were playing on Poker Stars ... Bama - what were you doing on a 1 cent/ 2 cent table?

Hummer
04-14-2004, 02:15 PM
Nice work!

GreekSquared
04-14-2004, 05:36 PM
Hey congrats on the great tourney.

I think I will share my multitable story now.....yay me.

I also have been playing party poker but for just a for a couple months. I just played in my 4th multitable tournament the other day(30+3) and finished 10th out of 711 players. Only got 200 bucks for it.

The weird thing about it was that I don't think I ever really "played" poker the entire time. I didnt get any cards for the first few levels and was blinded down quite a bit. When I finally got good cards I went all in was called by bigger stacks with inferior cards. I did this a few times until I was in the money. I was never more than 10x the blinds until my big slick got called by QQ and JJ which tripled my stack and put me up near the leaders with about 40 left. Got blinded down again and with about 16 people left went in with 77 and doubled up again to get near the chip lead.(2nd or 3rd in chips with 16 left and finished 10th!!!!!!!! :x ) Again got blinded down but held on to the final table where I stupidly went all in with 99 in the SB against an EP raise who had QTs. I was only at 2.5x the BB at that time but would have had a free chance to move up a couple spots if I folded. Anyways....It was alot of fun and I probably should have atleast made it to the top 5 with my stack with 16 people left.

Anyways I have some questions........

Has anyone else played a multi by just basically going all in and no real playing??? How do you guys play when you actually have a nice stack late in these tourneys. The only time I limped in was when I tripled up. Also I gave away my Blinds 4 times in a row with about 15 people left and I had 2nd highest chips at table. Once we made it into the money it was usually all-in or nothing. Is this how it normally is???? I know I got very lucky by surviving a bunch of 50/50 battles... Maybe thats just it...all luck.

OK I'm out...sorry for all the questions.

Bama Gambler
04-14-2004, 05:36 PM
Bama - what were you doing on a 1 cent/ 2 cent table? :D Busted. I blew a lot of money trying to qualify for the WSOP and then too many $200 multi-tables without cashing. I have $3 left into my account so I went to .01/.02 NL trying to make it up to $5.50 to play in a SNG. I haven't deposited money in over 2 years (but I've cashed out quite a bit :wink: ). I've got $50 at Party to play with (thanks johnnyc), but I will probably ask Freeman for a loan if I can't claw myself out of this bad run. When I'm running bad (which usually leads to playing bad) I just keep dropping down levels until I start winning again. This saves loses that I would be suffering at the higher levels, keeps me from having to deposit more money, and helps build my confidence. With all that said, I should really be studying!!

Expunge
04-14-2004, 05:54 PM
Hey congrats on the great tourney.

I think I will share my multitable story now.....yay me.

I also have been playing party poker but for just a for a couple months. I just played in my 4th multitable tournament the other day(30+3) and finished 10th out of 711 players. Only got 200 bucks for it.

The weird thing about it was that I don't think I ever really "played" poker the entire time. I didnt get any cards for the first few levels and was blinded down quite a bit. When I finally got good cards I went all in was called by bigger stacks with inferior cards. I did this a few times until I was in the money. I was never more than 10x the blinds until my big slick got called by QQ and JJ which tripled my stack and put me up near the leaders with about 40 left. Got blinded down again and with about 16 people left went in with 77 and doubled up again to get near the chip lead.(2nd or 3rd in chips with 16 left and finished 10th!!!!!!!! :x ) Again got blinded down but held on to the final table where I stupidly went all in with 99 in the SB against an EP raise who had QTs. I was only at 2.5x the BB at that time but would have had a free chance to move up a couple spots if I folded. Anyways....It was alot of fun and I probably should have atleast made it to the top 5 with my stack with 16 people left.

Anyways I have some questions........

Has anyone else played a multi by just basically going all in and no real playing??? How do you guys play when you actually have a nice stack late in these tourneys. The only time I limped in was when I tripled up. Also I gave away my Blinds 4 times in a row with about 15 people left and I had 2nd highest chips at table. Once we made it into the money it was usually all-in or nothing. Is this how it normally is???? I know I got very lucky by surviving a bunch of 50/50 battles... Maybe thats just it...all luck.

OK I'm out...sorry for all the questions.

Yes i've made the money in the double up or fold mode a few times. Usually comes after taking a bad beat and being a below average stack ( usually in the 1/2 of chip average or less.) In multitables I like to play as few a pots as possible and hitting them big when i do play. Somewhat due to the lack of time you have to play poker, and the willingness of others to gamble. :o Maybe this is a leak of mine at the NL multi's I'm always knocked out on a bad beat, even being a 3:1 favorite go in 4 times and your gone. :o Maybe thats why i do better in limit multis, i'm forced to get into slightly more pots and when i'm in these additional pots i'm better off in the long run.

hardinda
08-25-2005, 11:03 AM
:D Busted. I blew a lot of money trying to qualify for the WSOP and then too many $200 multi-tables without cashing. I have $3 left into my account so I went to .01/.02 NL trying to make it up to $5.50 to play in a SNG. I haven't deposited money in over 2 years (but I've cashed out quite a bit :wink: ). I've got $50 at Party to play with (thanks johnnyc), but I will probably ask Freeman for a loan if I can't claw myself out of this bad run. When I'm running bad (which usually leads to playing bad) I just keep dropping down levels until I start winning again. This saves loses that I would be suffering at the higher levels, keeps me from having to deposit more money, and helps build my confidence. With all that said, I should really be studying!!

:bump: