PDA

View Full Version : C7 - Extended Case Study

GadgetGeek
03-13-2002, 08:48 AM
Is anyone else annoyed that the extended case study is protected so you can't use the page-up/down keys to read through it. You either have to use the mouse (or touch pad) or print it out to read it. Not very convenient on a laptop. I was also very disappointed in the spreadsheet. Just a bunch of pasted numbers with no usable formulas for us to analyze.

Wonder Boy
03-13-2002, 09:22 AM

Wonder Boy
03-13-2002, 09:25 AM
Yes, i was annoyed. I wanted to save a version of the assignment and just type my answers underneath the questions without having to keep flipping back and forth between the two, but no dice. Also, it seemed like i was answering the same question over and over again, more or less.

Anonymous
03-13-2002, 10:41 AM
I also found it frustrating - both the protection and the lack of formulas. How does one address the questions without having formulas to analyse?

actuary vixen
03-13-2002, 12:50 PM
Are we going to have to understand everything that goes on in these case studies? Or will everything we will need to know be covered at the seminar? There are some things like regression analysis that I'm weak on. Can anybody comfort me?

yo
03-13-2002, 01:49 PM
to get around the protection, create a new file and do insert|file and insert the assignement.

GadgetGeek
03-13-2002, 02:00 PM
Thank you Yo. That is so much more elegant than my open it in Notepad and cut and paste the text into Word solution. Now to reset the spelling checker to US from Canadian.