PDA

View Full Version : EA-2A for Course 8 and PD?

Master Shake
05-21-2004, 12:23 PM
Does anyone know if the SOA will allow you to use EA-2A in place of 8P (along with 8R, completing course 8) and also let you use the completion of the EA exams for 25 credits of PD?

This doesn't seem to be covered in anything I've read... Shockingly, the wording is vague. I emailed the exam people on this and, even more surprisingly, no one has written back.

Thanks,
Shake

aces219
05-21-2004, 12:55 PM
My understanding is that you can.

slam
05-21-2004, 04:33 PM
I'm confident that you can. I intend to and someone in my office did so last year.

Emily
05-21-2004, 05:03 PM
I'm not as confident, but am happy to hear someone is. There is something written about PD that says you can only use exam credits for PD that you didn't use to get credit for exams. They were referring to when the transition occurred in 2000, so it wasn't clear that it included exams taken after 2000. I specifically e-mailed the SOA about it, but never received a response.

tope
05-21-2004, 07:47 PM
Here is my question, is there an overlap between EA2a and 8R, ie can you take both exams in one sitting?

smarty pants
05-21-2004, 11:54 PM
For a long time, and maybe even now, they weren't even sure if you would have to do a paper if you

had <15 credits at transition
got your EA credentials
then submitted your PD plan AFTER getting your EA

if you submitted BEFORE getting your EA, you'd have to do the paper, if you did it AFTER, you wouldn't. Not sure if that's fixed or not. No worries for me, I had 25 credits at transition. Although they may pre-score my Course 8RUS (or whatever it's called) due to the several phone calls they'll get because of this post.