PDA

View Full Version : Anyone taking this exam Spring 2016?

cwhmax
12-07-2015, 12:27 AM
Is anyone taking this exam next spring?

Or has anyone took this exam prior?

huangkai86
03-25-2016, 10:18 AM
took and passed

asang
08-10-2016, 08:43 AM
took and passed

Hi,

I'm interested in taking GI track but it seems like almost no one is pursuing this uncharted territory. I was wondering how you studied successfully given there are almost no study manuals available etc for this track.

I'd appreciate if you can share your study strategy on taking GI exams and any thoughts on the future of this track..

Thanks,
Asang

cwhmax
08-13-2016, 12:25 PM
Hi,

I'm interested in taking GI track but it seems like almost no one is pursuing this uncharted territory. I was wondering how you studied successfully given there are almost no study manuals available etc for this track.

I'd appreciate if you can share your study strategy on taking GI exams and any thoughts on the future of this track..

Thanks,
Asang

took and passed the Spring16 exam. I relied mainly on the textbook and the article readings. Advise is to not miss any of the articles as they are as important as the main text. Besides that, I also relied on some of the CAS past year question for the related topics to gauge the focus and key points of the exam.

IMHO, the recent overhaul of the prelim exam proves that SOA is giving quite a heavy emphasis on its GI track. Furthermore, in my country, employers are indifferent to any actuarial bodies, so long they are internationally recognize.

All the best in your exam.
Cheers.