PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Opportunities

Anonymous
09-25-2001, 11:34 AM
I am currently working on several actuarial opportunities in the Atlanta area for persons with varying experience and test tracks. If anyone would be interested in speaking with me in regard to opportunities in Atlanta, please contact me at the information below.

Anonymous
09-26-2001, 08:42 PM
Who told the recruiters they could post here?

Anonymous
09-26-2001, 10:17 PM
From one Anon to another:

Under the "Careers-Employment" link on the main forum page, it says that "Recruiters may post here".

Personally, I have no problem with recruiters posting on this forum.

anon789
09-27-2001, 12:49 AM
Hey, gotta respect a recruiter who is confident enough in their reputation to post their name here. I HATE when they post here with no name.
Personally I'd love to see a bunch of jobs get posted here.

Anonymous
09-27-2001, 09:03 AM
And I would love to get some actual response from posting here. I get a lot of 'hits' but have yet to get a phone call or email. Being free, I guess you kind of get what you pay for.

anon789
09-27-2001, 09:56 AM
I get a lot of 'hits' but have yet to get a phone call or email. Being free, I guess you kind of get what you pay for.

Keep trying. As you mentioned, the price is right, and if you're getting hits, it means that people are interested in looking. Might come back as business later.
Maybe some specifics about the jobs - valn/pension/prod.dev, etc might help (and maybe not - what do I know anyway?).
If you've got a website, post it.

Anonymous
09-27-2001, 10:07 AM
The companies that I am working with are searching for all types of actuaries at varying skill levels. The website is listed below, but all of the Consulting/Actuarial opportunities are not on the site because given the tight market for these positions, the companies are generally willing to interview most all qualified/skilled candidates regardless of whether there is an opening or not.

http://www.belloaks.com

And thanks for your help Anon

Dr T Non-Fan
09-28-2001, 01:50 PM
First Anon: just write annoying replies. Then they might eventually go away. But any response to the "ad" will counter-balance that.

To Kiley: I hope you're up for abuse.
First, I think you're expecting way too much way too soon. Don't think that the counter is any indication of interest in the job.
Second, your response to the lack of interest is right on the ($0) money.
Third, it's in Atlanta! That's two strikes right there.

Anonymous
09-28-2001, 01:58 PM
Many are busy studying for exams right now so are not thinking about looking for another job. Wait 'til after Nov. exams.

Anonymous
09-29-2001, 01:20 PM
DTNF:

Other than the traffic, what's wrong with Atlanta?

Happy Skunk
09-14-2004, 10:17 PM
Yeah,

What IS wrong with Atlanta?

http://www.belloaks.com/images/bostonskyline.jpg

Dr T Non-Fan
09-14-2004, 11:41 PM
I don't know. I wrote that three years ago. You expect me to keep up with these opinions of mine?

Will Durant
09-15-2004, 11:02 AM
Yeah,

What IS wrong with Atlanta?

http://www.belloaks.com/images/bostonskyline.jpg
Well, for one it appears to have been transported to MA.

Happy Skunk
09-15-2004, 11:10 AM
I wondered who would catch that.

joeorez
09-15-2004, 12:23 PM
And I would love to get some actual response from posting here. I get a lot of 'hits' but have yet to get a phone call or email.

Hi,

I visited the website you listed and browsed quickly. Maybe it's just me, but nothing there says "actuary" to me. Maybe one has to register first, but some people prefer to be anonymous.

If you have actuarial jobs to post, I suggest you post them in a more easily accessible area on your website.

Dr T Non-Fan
09-15-2004, 01:18 PM
zeroman, this thread started three years ago. Don't know why it was dug up.

joeorez
09-15-2004, 02:49 PM
Whoops - I didn't realize this thread began three years ago.

So that answers my question - the Atlanta jobs must be all gone.

Dr T Non-Fan
09-15-2004, 02:54 PM
As well as the buildings!