PDA

View Full Version : The EC Strikes Back!!

Pages : [1] 2

Mulan
07-09-2004, 02:58 PM
Sign up here for the next game. It will start the beginning of August. Rules to be posted soon...

See later posts... I have decided to wait until the Outpost Survivor Game is almost done. I anticipate this will be after fall exams.

BC
07-09-2004, 03:00 PM
I'm in!

Tim><
07-09-2004, 03:01 PM
I'm in. Can I be EC? :D

Leela
07-09-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm definitely in.

Inigo Montoya
07-09-2004, 03:04 PM
Count me in!

Death to the EC!

cubedbee
07-09-2004, 03:11 PM
I'm in. Can I not be EC this time?

Avi
07-09-2004, 03:16 PM
I'm in.

Ultimate Anyone?
07-09-2004, 03:24 PM
I'm in, but strongly, strongly recommend a little faster game w/ more student interaction.

cubedbee
07-09-2004, 03:27 PM
I'm in, but strongly, strongly recommend a little faster game w/ more student interaction.Agreed. And we definitely have to exceed 200 pages.

Mr. Penguin
07-09-2004, 03:36 PM
Agreed. And we definitely have to exceed 200 pages.

:notworth:

4sigma
07-09-2004, 03:44 PM
I'm in, though I will be on vacation the first week of August. I will be in a little New England town without internet access until August 5th or so.

I'm perfectly willing to be evil, but if so, my confederates will have to make the first killing without my help. In advance, I vote for killing EK as my first act as EC. I can't wait to see what the ghost forum looks like when he's running it. ;)

Doesn't urysohn want to run one also? Perhaps we should let Mulan and ury jointly administer this?

snafu
07-09-2004, 03:44 PM
I'm in.

For the record I will not be a noisy as last time 'cause it got me lynched.

My rule suggestions are more EC but no sleeper, shorter turns, less ghost involvement, some sort of "exams" that require student participation but also give away clues to the EC.

snafu
07-09-2004, 03:46 PM
I'm in, though I will be on vacation the first week of August. I will be in a little New England town without internet access until August 5th or so.

I'm perfectly willing to be evil, but if so, my confederates will have to make the first killing without my help. In advance, I vote for killing EK as my first act as EC. I can't wait to see what the ghost forum looks like when he's running it. ;)

4Sigma - even if you aren't EC, I'll help you start the EK for First Among Ghosts bandwagon!!!

4sigma
07-09-2004, 03:47 PM
4Sigma - even if you aren't EC, I'll help you start the EK for First Among Ghosts bandwagon!!!

Sounds catchy. Perhaps we should make an acronym for it? :o

Ebenezer Kohl
07-09-2004, 03:56 PM
I'm in.
In advance, I vote for killing EK as my first act as EC. I can't wait to see what the ghost forum looks like when he's running it. ;)4Sigma - even if you aren't EC, I'll help you start the EK for First Among Ghosts bandwagon!!!

I'm invinci-bull. :D

snafu
07-09-2004, 03:59 PM
You are something-bull or maybe that should be bull-something.

Keep the booh for the game. I'll be digging up my old death to booh avatar :burn:

Butters
07-09-2004, 04:29 PM
I'm in, but I will be on vacation the third week of August.

Werewolf
07-09-2004, 04:42 PM
I'm in. Can I be EC or the slayer this time?

Traina
07-09-2004, 05:09 PM
I'm in (for my fifth and maybe final run)

the yellow dart
07-09-2004, 05:14 PM
I'm in. Been lurking long enough on these threads.

RedSoxFan
07-09-2004, 06:19 PM
I'm in too.

Will Durant
07-09-2004, 06:23 PM
Count me in. I had a blast with this one.

Note: I will be on vacation Aug 6-14, but I will find a way to play. Don't start w/o me. :D

Klaymen
07-09-2004, 06:23 PM
I'm in. I would love to be EC/Slayer also but hope it is randomly generated again.

Will Durant
07-09-2004, 06:25 PM
I'm in. I would love to be EC/Slayer also but hope it is randomly generated again.
Do you really believe it was randomly generated this time. Man, you are dumber than EC1.

Klaymen
07-09-2004, 06:36 PM
Do you really believe it was randomly generated this time. Man, you are dumber than EC1.

It says that on p.1 - why should I believe any differently?

4sigma
07-09-2004, 06:38 PM

It says that on p.1 - why should I believe any differently?

Maybe you should ask your puppet.

All Clear
07-09-2004, 06:53 PM
I'll play, putting in my request for shorter time limits for action, no sleeper (more EC members if necessary- probably 4 would be good in a game with 30 or so people), no slayer (I don't like the one person having so much power- other ideas in the "how to make the EC game better" thread can give ideas on quirks which don't have one person doing so much), and please, give me some cool position. It is quite boring being an innocent student every time.

Asynchronous
07-09-2004, 07:52 PM
I'm in!!!! Not getting lynched or killed was fun!!

Macroman
07-09-2004, 09:17 PM
I'm in.

In case I'm not around for the first vote:

Vote Ebenezer Kohl :evil:

cubedbee
07-09-2004, 09:51 PM
Agree. Vote: Ebenezer Kohl

Klaymen
07-09-2004, 09:56 PM
Sounds like EK needs an alternate identity.

4sigma
07-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Please, no more than 3 votes for anyone at this early stage. You all know better than to bandwagon by now, don't you?
:roll:

urysohn
07-09-2004, 10:27 PM
Alright, I guess I'm off the sidelines here. Count me in.

And ye're all a buncha fools....VOTE: CUBEDBEE
Lightning doesn't strike twice, most of the time. But when it does, it'll probably strike three, four, or five times.

cubedbee
07-09-2004, 11:13 PM
No way will I be EC again. The odds of me being EC 3 games in a row is like 1 out of a 5000.

Mulan
07-09-2004, 11:14 PM
No way will I be EC again. The odds of me being EC 3 games in a row is like 1 out of a 5000.What's wrong with being EC?

cubedbee
07-09-2004, 11:16 PM
No way will I be EC again. The odds of me being EC 3 games in a row is like 1 out of a 5000.What's wrong with being EC?Nothing at all. It's very fun. I just don't want ury to waste his first vote.

urysohn
07-09-2004, 11:17 PM
No way will I be EC again. The odds of me being EC 3 games in a row is like 1 out of a 5000.
Dude, the odds of you being EC in the next game is 1/#entrants. Just like the EC to minimize the odds of him being EC. :shake:

Will Durant
07-09-2004, 11:42 PM
Dude, the odds of you being EC in the next game is 1/#entrants. Just like the EC to minimize the odds of him being EC. :shake:
Er, 2/#entrants. Ury, here's your :duh: . Have a nice day.

(Trying to make sure nobody lynches me in the next game for not being argumentative enough.)

Will Durant
07-09-2004, 11:48 PM
Not sure what this does to game balance (and I guess it's also going back to the early versions of this game) . . . but I say scrub the ghost committee. Students will tend to get attached to their personas in the game, which will make innocent students look like EC in their quest to stay alive. Then we will truly have Paranoia(tm), er, I mean the EC game.

Trust no one. Stay alert. Keep your calculator handy.

Jables
07-12-2004, 12:29 AM
No way will I be EC again.

Only if the CubedBee/Jables regime is selected again... :)

(Yes, I'm in! Bear in mind that I still have internet issues at work...)

urysohn
07-12-2004, 09:26 AM
oooh, the advance warning is a good idea. A lot of my work-allotted RF time could be devoted to Survivor, so I'll probably be mostly an evening poster in the EC game.

Mulan
07-12-2004, 11:44 AM
This game will start up when the Survivor game is nearly over rather than in August. I'll post rules before that.

ahow
07-12-2004, 11:54 AM
Yeah! More Exam Committee. This is great. We are going to have quite the crowd and the thread might be to 3 or 4 pages before the game even starts...

urysohn
07-12-2004, 11:54 AM
This game will start up when the Survivor game is nearly over rather than in August. I'll post rules before that.
If we get 20-25 players (early registration is slow, but that's the general draw for a larger game) then it could be late November before that wraps up. Assumes 2 players eliminated per week (could be more, if a lot of people sign up) = 12 weeks to eliminate 24 people, plus a hold during exams.
If you want to wait, I won't complain as it likely means more people will sign up :D but just a heads-up that it'll be a while.

Mulan
07-12-2004, 12:01 PM
If we get 20-25 players (early registration is slow, but that's the general draw for a larger game) then it could be late November before that wraps up. Assumes 2 players eliminated per week (could be more, if a lot of people sign up) = 12 weeks to eliminate 24 people, plus a hold during exams.
If you want to wait, I won't complain as it likely means more people will sign up :D but just a heads-up that it'll be a while.No problem. Have a good time with your game!! We'll get this one underway after.

VernSchil
07-12-2004, 12:51 PM
This game sounds very intriguing. Admittedly, I know nothing about it and will have to read the old thread. It certainly generated enough conversation.

Ebenezer Kohl
07-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Stapler pick: Ebenezer Kohl and urysohn

Avi
07-12-2004, 02:41 PM
I've thought about it, and realize that unfortunately, I must withdraw my participation. My studying has suffered enough and I cannot risk any more time :cry:

Exams :swear:

All Clear
07-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Forget 4sigma's bandwagon rants- ignore the siren's call.

Vote: Ebenezer Kohl

I was under the impression this game would start the first week of August, or earlier. If it starts after that, I am not sure whether I can participate, due to exams (a thank you to Avi, for reminding me to study- next time how about not bringing that up for another month or two?). Not that it matters much anyway, as there will probably be a "slayer", three "scholars", a "sleeper", and 4 "EC", and I will stuck being the boring innocent student again.

J.T.
07-12-2004, 05:45 PM
I'm in, depending on the start date.

ahow
07-12-2004, 06:06 PM
With the whole RO survivor thing, I would suggest a post-November exam start date for the next EC game...

Mulan
07-12-2004, 06:37 PM
With the whole RO survivor thing, I would suggest a post-November exam start date for the next EC game...Sorry - see first post.

ahow
07-12-2004, 06:41 PM
With the whole RO survivor thing, I would suggest a post-November exam start date for the next EC game...Sorry - see first post.Ok, thanks...

:tup:

Gandalf
07-12-2004, 06:52 PM
OK, count me in. I'm passing on Survivor, but should be ready to play again by November.

Butters
07-13-2004, 01:20 PM
It's good to hear that the game will start after exams. Now I won't feel so bad disappearing for a month or two. I will be back for the game, however! The only planned vacation I have at this time would be around Thanksgiving and Christmas (although that could change depending on work responsibilities).

Ebenezer Kohl
10-28-2004, 03:59 PM
OK, count me in. I'm passing on Survivor, but should be ready to play again by November.
:tup:

Rocky
10-28-2004, 06:54 PM
Count me in...

And count EK :tfh:

Jables
10-28-2004, 07:02 PM
No way will I be EC again.

Only if the CubedBee/Jables regime is selected again... :)

I'm still in, and minus the internet issues! :party:

EC3
10-28-2004, 07:02 PM
It's on! :burn:

4sigma
10-29-2004, 04:09 AM
For the record, I will without internet access during the last week of December. I may also not have access for a few days around Thanksgiving.

Rocky
10-29-2004, 10:51 AM
For the record, I will without internet access during the last week of December. I may also not have access for a few days around Thanksgiving.

I'll go on record as saying that 4sigma seems like a great candidate to start up the ghost forum. Off him in the first round...before the holidays. :D

Also, I'll be without internet access during the week of Thanksgiving and the first weekend in December.

Ebenezer Kohl
11-01-2004, 11:17 AM
When do exams end? :rock1:

snafu
11-01-2004, 11:27 AM

I'll go on record as saying that 4sigma seems like a great candidate to start up the ghost forum. Off him in the first round...before the holidays. :D

Also, I'll be without internet access during the week of Thanksgiving and the first weekend in December.

Actually I would like to go on record as suggesting the EK should be given a chance to try and organize things from beyond ;)

Vote early, vote often, vote EK ;)

Klaymen
11-01-2004, 05:31 PM
Hey EK, this might be a great time for an alternative identity... A better surprise than finding out who is the slayer or EC would be to find out who is EK! But you might want to do some early post-padding elsewhere - anyone entering the game with 5 posts will be suspicious.

aces219
11-01-2004, 05:36 PM
I wanna play. I don't know how, but it sounds fun.

Jables
11-01-2004, 05:38 PM
First Rule of Exam Committe: You do not talk about Exam Committee

Second Rule of Exam Committe: You do NOT talk about Exam Committee!

Third Rule of Exam Committe: CubedBee is part of the Exam Committee

4sigma
11-01-2004, 06:13 PM
Fear and ignorance -- ignorance and fear

The slayer is your friend.

Will Durant
11-01-2004, 06:29 PM
Trust no one. Stay alert. Keep your weapon handy.

So are we just gonna keep talking about this game, or are we gonna get this show on the road?

4sigma
11-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Aces, do you want a copy of your old avatar back? I happened to save a copy of it during the Survivor game just in case it would come in handy... :D

Rocky
11-01-2004, 07:59 PM
Aces, do you want a copy of your old avatar back? I happened to save a copy of it during the Survivor game just in case it would come in handy... :D

:o
STALKER!

4sigma
11-01-2004, 08:17 PM

STALKER!

Please! This is a public service for a damsel in distress.

Jables
11-01-2004, 09:03 PM
I smell an alliance!

4sigma
11-01-2004, 09:25 PM
Of course we have an alliance. All the innocent students should be allied against the EC. Anyone else who wants in on the alliance is welcome to join, as long as you are not EC.

Jables
11-01-2004, 09:31 PM
http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols2/duh.gif

Rocky
11-01-2004, 09:50 PM
Of course we have an alliance. All the innocent students should be allied against the EC. Anyone else who wants in on the alliance is welcome to join

I'm in! :D

as long as you are not EC.

Wait, I'll get back to you... :burn:

Rocky
11-01-2004, 09:52 PM
http://actuary.ca/phpBB/images/avatars/12613822624186d0a8d5cf2.jpg

New name = "4aces"?

Mr. Penguin
11-02-2004, 11:16 AM
First Rule of Exam Committe: You do not talk about Exam Committee

Second Rule of Exam Committe: You do NOT talk about Exam Committee!

Third Rule of Exam Committe: CubedBee is part of the Exam Committee

:lolup:

aces219
11-02-2004, 12:48 PM
I would love a copy of my avatar. I have it on my home computer but I haven't had a chance to re-upload. I keep getting confused when I see it as your avatar! I'll PM you where to email me.

Ebenezer Kohl
11-02-2004, 01:52 PM
Mulan has opted not to host.

4sigma
11-02-2004, 02:23 PM
Hmmm. At the end of the last game, didn't urysohn also mumble something about hosting?

ury? :)

urysohn
11-02-2004, 02:46 PM
Hmmm. At the end of the last game, didn't urysohn also mumble something about hosting?

ury? :)
Like hell he did :D

Death to the Students!!!
Oh wait, I was still debating playing. :oops:

I am not entirely opposed to hosting, if enough players are interested in playing and nobody wishes to host. But, I intended to play mostly in the evening. Even if it looks suspicious, I do not plan on a lot of time-consuming daytime play. Which could also be a hindrance for hosting, though it should be workable.

Ebenezer Kohl
11-02-2004, 03:26 PM
I'll host before urysohn, but I'll wait a week before confirming so that if someone else wishes to host, they may.

lawfi5h
11-02-2004, 03:38 PM
I'll host before urysohn, but I'll wait a week before confirming so that if someone else wishes to host, they may.

I think ury is preparing to host season II of survivor.

That was the rumor I heard.

aces219
11-02-2004, 03:41 PM
woohoo!

Ebenezer Kohl
11-02-2004, 04:37 PM
If I host, Iím considering the following rules. Discussion is appreciated.
Once upon a time the students of the Rebel Outpost Actuarial Society were waiting on the results of their last exam. Unbeknownst to them, the exam committee had been hijacked by a band of students desperate to keep the other students from obtaining their FROAS. This band, not content with merely changing grade reports, set out to execute the remaining students. In an effort to protect their future and the honor of the FROAS designation, the students will attempt to unmask and lynch the members of the ersatz exam committee.

Here are the ground rules:

Once the student population is set (by those expressing interest), I will randomly select the members of the exam committee.
The exam committee will know who else is on the exam committee.
The game starts when the exam committee sends a PM to me with their first execution. I will then PM the victim who can write their death scene.
What follows next is open discussion among the students as to who might be on the committee, and by public voting for lynching. Once a majority of the remaining students (which includes the committee) votes for a particular student, he or she will get lynched. After the lynching, I will reveal whether the lynched person was a member of the exam committee.
Voting is as follows: use BOLD to highlight votes and vote changes. Don't use bold for anything else. This is so I can try to follow the vote counts.
The ghost forum may by use of a private poll vote select by majority of known ghosts and at least four votes a particular student to slay.
All executed (killed by the EC), slain (killed by the GF) or lynched (killed by the students) victims (including EC) move onto the ghost forum.
Ghosts should not PM to the remaining students once notified of their death and should post only their death scene. Ghosts should not seek to discuss further with living students.
There is no deadline for student voting. After I announce a lynching has transpired, the exam committee will have one full week to assassinate another student. The ghost forum may only potentially slay once after each lynching.
Depending on interest there will be 2-4 members of the committee to start. I think a starting ratio of about 6:1 will work.

Interested?

urysohn
11-02-2004, 05:16 PM

I think ury is preparing to host season II of survivor.

That was the rumor I heard.
Like hell he is :D

urysohn
11-02-2004, 05:19 PM
One rule change I'd like: the students strike first. I understand that from a storyline perspective the EC has to go first. Students who hunt down maniacal EC who theoretically kill students but haven't really done so are just psychotics, after all. :) But can't we just have them kill a student who's not playing the game? Not much fun if your first action in the game is getting a note from the host letting you know you're out of the game.

urysohn
11-02-2004, 05:23 PM
Oh, and as a sidenote, I am and always have been opposed to the whole "ghost forum running the show" concept. So let me avert suspicion ahead of time...I will not head the ghost forum. I will not blindly go after who the ghost forum tells me to go after. If I play, it will be to have fun, not to maximize the odds of a general student victory. If I am a dead student, I will not bask in the glory of an eventual student victory. I will be dead. So you will not hear "go ahead an execute me if that helps you out." You will hear me shouting, "I am NOT on the EC!!!!!" Even if I am.
Death to the Students!
oh damn, I really need to work on that one. :oops:

4sigma
11-02-2004, 05:25 PM
Some interesting twists. I have to think this through.

I would miss the slayer factor. That element provided a lot of fun last game. But I see that having lynchings by the students, ghosts and slayer would be too big a disadvantage for the EC.

I'm not sure that the part about allowing EC into the ghost forum will have its intended effect. I imagine that discussion there will become quite stifled as soon as the first EC dies. Wouldn't the ghosts just send PMs to all the non-EC ghosts instead of posting in the GF at that point?

I'll have to tweak BC's model to see about the 6:1 ratio. Is there a sense that EC vs. the students should be equally likely to win, or are we trying to give everyone an equal chance to come out of this with a stapler?

I would not be averse to playing a game where the ghosts have less power. Of course, I would also be much less quick to volunteer to be lynched under such rules. :)

Klaymen
11-02-2004, 05:57 PM
Ghosts shouldn't have any purpose other than to consider suspicious evidence amongst themselves and possibly educate students. I think the game will be more fun that way - you shouldn't be able to play the game after you're dead. I totally agree with urysohn.

Ebenezer Kohl
11-02-2004, 06:11 PM
I'm not sure that the part about allowing EC into the ghost forum will have its intended effect. I imagine that discussion there will become quite stifled as soon as the first EC dies. Wouldn't the ghosts just send PMs to all the non-EC ghosts instead of posting in the GF at that point?
I would intend the GF be the only place for ghost discussion. Furthermore, I donít believe EC ghost should be able to communicate with the EC, so there shouldnít be any reason to hide student ghost discussion from the EC ghost.

I'll have to tweak BC's model to see about the 6:1 ratio. Is there a sense that EC vs. the students should be equally likely to win, or are we trying to give everyone an equal chance to come out of this with a stapler?
I gave no thought to a model for the 6:1 ratio so you can test it out for equal opportunity. In fact, Iím guessing a 5:1 ratio would be better. I dunno. You tell me.

I think the game will be more fun that way - you shouldn't be able to play the game after you're dead.
I also agree with the sentiment. I doubt this would be the consensus though.

All this assumes that nobody else wants to host and I donít get banned from the forum. ;)

4sigma
11-02-2004, 06:18 PM
Ghosts shouldn't have any purpose other than to consider suspicious evidence amongst themselves and possibly educate students. I think the game will be more fun that way - you shouldn't be able to play the game after you're dead. I totally agree with urysohn.

The only thing is that there will be people that get killed off in the first couple of rounds, and that makes for not much of a game for them. It does seem inequitable that they are left with no role to play. However, I would agree that it is better for the students not to become subordinate to the ghosts.

I was somewhat fond of the suggestion someone made in the previous game where ghosts would be forbidden to participate in the public thread at all except to "haunt" someone. Each round of play, if a living player were being haunted by a sufficient number of ghosts, that player would be killed. Ghosts would be forbidden to send PMs to students. After their death, their only further interaction among the living would be the ability to post "Haunt:[player]" (This is perhaps a bit strict -- ghosts should perhaps be allowed a bit of trash-talking, and could perhaps make appeals to the students to PM them with information or recommendations of who to haunt. But ghosts would be forbidden to partake in discussing who is likely EC, who the students should try to lynch, etc.)

Ghosts of course would be allowed unlimited communications among themselves, including the use of a forum. (I still think it is pointless to have a forum if EC ghosts are allowed access. Ghosts will just take their discussions into PMs) Players are welcome to send PMs to ghosts recommending who they haunt.

4sigma
11-02-2004, 06:23 PM
I would intend the GF be the only place for ghost discussion. Furthermore, I donít believe EC ghost should be able to communicate with the EC, so there shouldnít be any reason to hide student ghost discussion from the EC ghost. Good point. Perhaps this wouldn't be an issue.

I gave no thought to a model for the 6:1 ratio so you can test it out for equal opportunity. In fact, Iím guessing a 5:1 ratio would be better. I dunno. You tell me. I think BC could tell us better. But I'll give it a look.

I think the game will be more fun that way - you shouldn't be able to play the game after you're dead.I also agree with the sentiment. I doubt this would be the consensus though. I have not particular objection to this. In the last 2 games, I've experienced both an early death and a lengthy survival. I agree that the ghosts had too much influence last game (though given that that was the rules, I had no qualms about using that influence as a ghost...) But I think that ghosts should continue to have some role, out of a sense of equity for those who are killed early, usually for no good reason whatsoever.

All this assumes that nobody else wants to host and I donít get banned from the forum. ;)It is hard to say which of those assumptions has greater likelihood of being violated.

Ultimate Anyone?
11-02-2004, 07:50 PM
Another suggestion: What about making the number of EC members unknown? I wouldn't even bother divulging the ratio.

(Of course, then EK (or whoever the host is), could make EC 75% of the players, and have a lot of fun watching the remaining 5 people getting ultra-paranoid!)

4sigma
11-02-2004, 07:58 PM
As long as we're throwing out suggestions, we could have 2 pairs of EC. Each EC knows their teammate but not who the other two EC are. Each pair could perform a killing in alternate rounds.

Klaymen
11-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Maybe after 10 people kick the bucket you can but them in a side consolation EC game.

Werewolf
11-03-2004, 03:37 AM
I'm still in.

snafu
11-03-2004, 09:54 AM
I agree that the ghost forum was too powerful last game. The play was well within the rules but EK and others had a good point that the ghost forum took some of the fun out of the game. I would be more inclined to keep the slayer and either eliminate the ghost forum entirely or limit ghost forum to the first x players. Basically, if you die early you become a ghost but after a certain point you just become a heckler.

Also, for the record I am with ury this game in that I intend to play for as long as possible. I did my time in ghostville last game and this game I want to play with the living.

Ebenezer Kohl
11-03-2004, 11:42 AM
Another suggestion: What about making the number of EC members unknown?
I recognize the paranoia this would create without seeing any drawback.

I think splitting the EC into multiple groups adds to the complexity of the game, which isnít bad for anyone other than the host explaining what is going on. Iíll leave that out for now.

Included: Ghosts vote openly with Haunt:[player]. EC restricted from ghost forum.
Also, students should not PM ghosts.

Included: The number of EC will remain unknown to the students.

Maybe after 10 people kick the bucket you can but them in a side consolation EC game.
I see the ghost forum as the consolation EC game with the added benefit of avoiding a second deathÖ which could create a need for a consolation game to the consolation game.

I would be more inclined to keep the slayer and either eliminate the ghost forum entirely or limit ghost forum to the first x players. Basically, if you die early you become a ghost but after a certain point you just become a heckler.
I donít see those with an early death being more deserving of the ghost forum above those with a later death who usually have demonstrated a better ability to avoid the bitter end. There are obvious precautions one can take against being lynched, snafu. ;) :lol:

Once upon a time the students of the Rebel Outpost Actuarial Society were waiting on the results of their last exam. Unbeknownst to them, the exam committee had been hijacked by a band of students desperate to keep the other students from obtaining their FROAS. This band, not content with merely changing grade reports, set out to execute the remaining students. In an effort to protect their future and the honor of the FROAS designation, the students will attempt to unmask and lynch the members of the ersatz exam committee.

Once the student population is set (by those expressing interest), I will randomly select the members of the exam committee.
The exam committee will know who else is on the exam committee. The number of the EC will remain unknown to the students.
The game starts when the exam committee sends a PM to me with their first execution. I will then PM the victim who can write their death scene.
What follows next is open discussion among the students as to who might be on the committee, and by public voting for lynching. Once a majority of the remaining students (which includes the committee) votes for a particular student, he or she will get lynched. After the lynching, I will reveal whether the lynched person was a member of the exam committee.
Voting is as follows: use BOLD to highlight votes and vote changes. Don't use bold for anything else. This is so I can try to follow the vote counts.
The ghosts may kill students by majority of known ghosts (at least four) by posting "Haunt:[player]" in bold.
All executed (killed by the EC), haunted (killed by the GF), or lynched (killed by the students) victims (excluding EC) move into the ghost forum.
Ghosts should not PM the remaining students once notified of their death and should post only their death scene and haunting votes. Ghosts should not seek to discuss further with living students. Further, students should not PM ghosts.
There is no deadline for student voting. After I announce a lynching has transpired, the exam committee will have one full week to execute another student. Ghosts may only haunt once per lynching.

Interested?

How about Monday, November 15, being the deadline for entry? I will set the EC on Tuesday, November 16. The game begins when they decide to execute the first victim.

Last Train to Skaville
11-03-2004, 12:05 PM
I'm in.

Ebenezer Kohl
11-03-2004, 12:30 PM
In:
Rocky
Jables
4sigma
Snafu
Anonymouse
aces's back,tell a friend
Dave Barry
Urysohn
Ultimate Anyone?
Werewolf
Last Train to Skaville
LAWFI5H

Potentially in: (I will send these people a PM if they donít confirmed by next Wednesday.)
Mr. Penguin
Mulan
BC
Tim&gt;&lt;
Leela
Baby Bubba
Cubedbee
Avi
Butters
Traina
the yellow dart
RedSoxFan
All Clear
Asynchronous
Macroman
ahow's pickup truck
VernSchil
J.T.
Gandalf

Even if you donít see your alias above you may still participate by posting to this thread before the deadline.

Tim><
11-03-2004, 01:21 PM
I'm still in.

Tim><
11-03-2004, 01:22 PM
Also, I would like to head up the Ghost Forum so:

Vote: Tim&gt;&lt;

4Sigma and Urysohn

Klaymen
11-03-2004, 01:32 PM
Vote: not Tim

All Clear
11-03-2004, 01:35 PM
I'll play, and my two cents-

I am opposed to the slayer idea, and other ideas which give certain players, from the outset, more power than others. The fact that I never get to be anyone cool contributes to this sentiment. The GF being able to have a turn as well seems like an ok idea at the start, until one realizes that after 5 or 6 people are killed, the ghosts have more power than the students, as each of them has a bigger vote on who is killed. I think a key point of the regular game is that the EC may want to kill people who vote for them, or fool people into thinking they are killing those people. This of course cannot happen in this rule setup.

A better idea? I don't know, and am not even sure others agree with my comments. One idea is perhaps there is a poll in the ghost forum, and the "winner" gets a couple of votes in the living student poll. I just don't feel that 5 ghosts should have more of a say then a couple of dozen students. I don't think they should have more of a say then 5 students, in fact.

Tim><
11-03-2004, 01:54 PM
Vote: not Tim:swear:

Butters
11-03-2004, 02:24 PM
I'm still in, but I'd hate to see EK host. I was planning to Vote: Ebenezer Kohl!

4sigma
11-03-2004, 02:24 PM
I am opposed to the slayer idea, and other ideas which give certain players, from the outset, more power than others. The fact that I never get to be anyone cool contributes to this sentiment.

All Clear, we thought you were cool last game, even being the ordinary player that you were. 8-)

4sigma
11-03-2004, 02:25 PM
I'm still in, but I'd hate to see EK host. I was planning to Vote: Ebenezer Kohl! Axiom 1: The best way to avoid being killed is to moderate.

J.T.
11-03-2004, 03:05 PM
I'm still in, although I don't check in much during the day anymore. I'll try to come by a couple of times a day for the game tho.

4sigma
11-03-2004, 03:26 PM
Since there is no slayer to protect, this will remove a lot of the key purpose of the ghost committee. I wish to go on record at this time as stating that I feel no urgency to be lynched in the early rounds. :)

Rocky
11-03-2004, 03:54 PM
Is there any interest in this idea?

What about having a rotating slayer role.

Each round, after the slayer makes a kill, the slayer role is transferred to a new player. EC and non-EC alike. If a player is killed while he/she is slayer, then the slayer role goes away forever and the "side" (EC or student) that killed the slayer gets another turn that round.

This could give less vocal players a bit more involvement in the game.

As for the ghost forum issue. I would vote for less power/influence from the ghosts. I'd like to see it be left up to the players who are still alive in the game to determine who the EC members are.

4sigma
11-03-2004, 04:35 PM
Is there any interest in this idea?

What about having a rotating slayer role.

We could call it "cuisinart."

urysohn
11-03-2004, 05:06 PM
The rules in this game are simple. I don't like that in a forum game.
I think we should have a Slayer. Each time the Slayer strikes there is a (k/n) chance that the Slayer's true identity is revealed, where k=number of times the Slayer has chosen to strike and n=number of students still remaining at the end of the Slayer's turn. This probability would be calculated whether the Slayer had chosen to strike that round or not, leaving the Slayer at an increased likelihood of being discovered from the moment he/she first decided to strike.

Students can be broken into groups based on which exam they're currently taking (randomly assigned). The EC can announce ahead of time which group they're planning to strike at, then pick off the victim. No real purpose, just prolongs the fun and paranoia.

One player each round can be protected, without the EC's knowledge. If they strike the wrong student, everyone still knows who they tried to hit but they don't actually get killed. The EC can be among the protected, so that they could actually strike at themselves once they knew they were protected.

The EC could choose to make conditional picks. "We will kill either Ebenezer Kohl or Mulan. EK and Mulan, pick a number between 1 and 10." Their conditions could be far more intricate and diabolical.

I understand all the rules of the game, as it is currently set up. I don't like that :D

aces219
11-03-2004, 05:16 PM
I understand all the rules of the game, as it is currently set up. I don't like that :D

Gee, I never would have guessed that after reading your 10 page Survivor rule opuses (opi?)!

Ebenezer Kohl
11-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Each round, after the slayer makes a kill, the slayer role is transferred to a new player.
I do like this idea for the slayer, but I am opposed to giving individual responsibility. If your voice isn't being heard, then you should try harder to follow your group or change their direction.

4sigma
11-03-2004, 06:16 PM
The rules in this game are simple. I don't like that in a forum game. I'm with Aces on this one. This should come as no surprise after the Survivor contests.

I think we should have a Slayer. Each time the Slayer strikes there is a (k/n) chance that the Slayer's true identity is revealed, where k=number of times the Slayer has chosen to strike and n=number of students still remaining at the end of the Slayer's turn. This probability would be calculated whether the Slayer had chosen to strike that round or not, leaving the Slayer at an increased likelihood of being discovered from the moment he/she first decided to strike.Slayers are cool. They do also have a disproportionate chance of winning staplers, however. I'm thinking it's fine to try a game without a slayer this game. As All Clear has mentioned above, this makes it more palatable for those of us who keep ending up being uninteresting nobodies.

Students can be broken into groups based on which exam they're currently taking (randomly assigned). The EC can announce ahead of time which group they're planning to strike at, then pick off the victim. No real purpose, just prolongs the fun and paranoia. I'm all in favor of creating some meaningless alliances to increase the paranoia. However, there may well be enough paranoia regardless of whether one partakes in meaningless alliances or not.

One player each round can be protected, without the EC's knowledge. If they strike the wrong student, everyone still knows who they tried to hit but they don't actually get killed. The EC can be among the protected, so that they could actually strike at themselves once they knew they were protected. So the EC knows who is protected before they strike, or they don't? :-? Or EC could pass and tell the moderator that they tried to strike themselves, and the moderator would announce that they had been protected?

The EC could choose to make conditional picks. "We will kill either Ebenezer Kohl or Mulan. EK and Mulan, pick a number between 1 and 10." Their conditions could be far more intricate and diabolical. I nominate you to design the diabolical conditions.

I understand all the rules of the game, as it is currently set up. I don't like that :DYou're still welcome to moderate. :)

If your voice isn't being heard, then you should try harder to follow your group or change their direction. I must say I respect your sense of group conduct. One of these days if you and I end up in the same alliance -- well, heaven knows what direction that group is going to be led. :)

Ebenezer Kohl
11-03-2004, 06:27 PM
Each round, after the slayer makes a kill, the slayer role is transferred to a new player.
I do like this idea for the slayer, but I am opposed to giving individual responsibility. If your voice isn't being heard, then you should try harder to follow your group or change their direction.
For clarification requested by PM, Iím opposed to the idea of a slayer on principle (addressed by All Clear). ďI do like this idea for the slayerĒ meant only that I thought Rocky improved on the past role of the slayer, but I still would like to avoid using a slayer entirely. In exchange of a slayer, the ghost forum may haunt to have their wishes heard. As for the last sentence, 4sigma makes my intent more clear.
If your voice isn't being heard, then you should try harder to follow your group or change their direction. I must say I respect your sense of group conduct. One of these days if you and I end up in the same alliance -- well, heaven knows what direction that group is going to be led. :)
That will be a fun day. I look forward to the challenge. :D

Travis
11-03-2004, 07:49 PM
if someone wants to PM a brief overview of the rules, I'm in.

Captain Nemo
11-03-2004, 11:44 PM
I'm game. Can't tell how much I will be active during work hours, though.

Macroman
11-03-2004, 11:55 PM
As I said before, count me in.

Ultimate Anyone?
11-04-2004, 02:42 AM
I'm still in, although I don't check in much during the day anymore. I'll try to come by a couple of times a day for the game tho.
I'm of the same status - I'll have a lot fewer appearances during the day as well.

cubedbee
11-04-2004, 10:14 AM
Still in.

Ebenezer Kohl
11-04-2004, 01:35 PM
In:
Rocky
Jables
4sigma
Snafu
Anonymouse
aces's back,tell a friend
Dave Barry
Urysohn
Ultimate Anyone?
Werewolf
Last Train to Skaville
LAWFI5H
Tim&gt;&lt;
All Clear
Butters
J.T.
Travis
Captain Nemo
Macroman
Cubedbee

Potentially in: (I will send these people a PM if they donít confirmed by Wednesday.)
Mr. Penguin
Mulan
BC
Leela
Baby Bubba
Avi
Traina
the yellow dart
RedSoxFan
Asynchronous
ahow's pickup truck
VernSchil
Gandalf

aces219
11-04-2004, 01:55 PM
You can refer to me as "aces". Easier.

I don't think Vern will be around. He requested that Traci ban him.

urysohn
11-04-2004, 04:39 PM
I'm out.

Ebenezer Kohl
11-04-2004, 04:47 PM
I'm out.
It is about time. Have you told your wife?

urysohn
11-04-2004, 04:50 PM
Count me in :)

Ebenezer Kohl
11-04-2004, 05:03 PM
In:
Rocky
Jables
4sigma
Snafu
Anonymouse
aces
Dave Barry
Ultimate Anyone?
Werewolf
Last Train to Skaville
LAWFI5H
Tim&gt;&lt;
All Clear
Butters
J.T.
Travis
Captain Nemo
Macroman
Cubedbee
Rolie Polie Olie

Potentially in: (I will send these people a PM if they donít confirmed by Wednesday.)
Mr. Penguin
Mulan
BC
Leela
Baby Bubba
Avi
Traina
the yellow dart
RedSoxFan
Asynchronous
ahow's pickup truck
Gandalf

Ebenezer Kohl Jr.
11-05-2004, 05:30 PM
I'm still in, but I'd hate to see EK host. I was planning to Vote: Ebenezer Kohl!

It never would have worked. My daddy rules in this game!

I'm only assuming he rules, since he rules in most things. I actually don't know how well he did in this game.

Ebenezer Kohl Jr.
11-05-2004, 05:30 PM
I'm out.
It is about time. Have you told your wife?

:rofl:

thing
11-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Oh, heck. I'm in.

Will Durant
11-05-2004, 06:19 PM
Rules suggestion: if the students win, ghost can't be the individual winner - gives students an incentive to stay alive. potentially makes it harder to identify EC.

4sigma
11-05-2004, 06:55 PM
I think this was more of an issue when we had the slayer, and the ghosts with a great deal of influence over who the students lynch. The stapler awarding rules (which I confess I had a significant part in designing, though this was before I understood the influence ghosts would ultimately come to wield.) admittedly gave the ghosts a conflict of interest to direct the players to lynch those who the ghosts had selected as "stapler picks." However, without a slayer to protect, ghosts will have far less influence regarding who the students are "allowed" or "not allowed" to lynch. So this conflict of interest should not come into play.

I would be OK with having a less-formal rule for awarding the stapler at the end. I do think anyone on the winning team should be eligible to receive it. One possible way to award it would to be have some sort of vote at the end ala "RO Survivor" where living students get 2 votes and ghosts get one (if the students win). There could be a similar voting process for EC if EC wins.

If it had been up to me last game, I would have voted to award the stapler to KP. It was really the opportunity he created and executed so brilliantly that led us (or at least me) to ultimately turn my sights upon Will Durant. I would also be OK having it awarded purely at moderator discretion.

snafu
11-05-2004, 09:33 PM
I think this was more of an issue when we had the slayer, and the ghosts with a great deal of influence over who the students lynch. The stapler awarding rules (which I confess I had a significant part in designing, though this was before I understood the influence ghosts would ultimately come to wield.) admittedly gave the ghosts a conflict of interest to direct the players to lynch those who the ghosts had selected as "stapler picks." However, without a slayer to protect, ghosts will have far less influence regarding who the students are "allowed" or "not allowed" to lynch. So this conflict of interest should not come into play.

I would be OK with having a less-formal rule for awarding the stapler at the end. I do think anyone on the winning team should be eligible to receive it. One possible way to award it would to be have some sort of vote at the end ala "RO Survivor" where living students get 2 votes and ghosts get one (if the students win). There could be a similar voting process for EC if EC wins.

If it had been up to me last game, I would have voted to award the stapler to KP. It was really the opportunity he created and executed so brilliantly that led us (or at least me) to ultimately turn my sights upon Will Durant. I would also be OK having it awarded purely at moderator discretion.

Yah, give it to KP and not the person with the data analysis that you wouldn't believe (me) or the gut instinct and the yelling (Mulan). KP was brilliant but I called WD several rounds before the game ended based on my EC Profiling and you wouldn't believe me.

BC
11-05-2004, 09:39 PM
I see my model isn't getting any credit :swear:

4sigma
11-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Several people are due a great deal of credit. Heck, Mulan was onto Will from the very beginning. Asynchronous did a good job in his accusation of BC (though it was an unfortunate coincidence for BC that it was correct.) EK's accusation of Avi was based on fairly sensible evidence as well. Our slayer made a good call in picking off CubedBee. Snafu definitely was onto Will early with some solid reasoning, and got in his stapler vote quickly at the right time. Though in all fairness to Will, wasn't the quote from Paranoia and not from Political? Frankly, just about everyone had Will on his radar at some point before he was finally lynched.

But my point is not particularly to rehash the merits (or lack thereof) of everyone's analysis from last game. I'm more interested in discussing the merits of ways of determining a winner.

I think that the system we used last game (which had its flaws last time in terms of conflict-of-interests for the ghosts, and excluded some people who do not login regularly and did not get a chance to vote) will be more workable in the absence of a slayer. However may be merits to a voting system or moderator-discretion system as well.

BC
11-05-2004, 10:09 PM
I see my model isn't getting any credit :swear:

For the record, I was joking. :wink:

Avi
11-06-2004, 11:26 PM
I have to respectfully decline this time.

1) I HAVE a red stapler :burn:

2) CAS Part 7 is going to consume every last fiber of my being that survives the 1/1 renewals season :cry:

/sigh

the yellow dart
11-07-2004, 09:28 PM
Still in, although I won't really be able to post much from work. Looking forward to outing the EC!

Or at the very least, inflating my modest post count

Ebenezer Kohl
11-08-2004, 12:54 PM
I havenít asked for a stapler to be awarded and donít plan to do so. If there is interest in a stapler prize, then would someone else request it from Glenn and setup the necessary rules. As snafu won the stapler last time, Iíll be the executer of whatever he legislates for the stapler.

In:
Rocky
Jables
4sigma
Snafu
Anonymouse
aces
Dave Barry
Ultimate Anyone?
Werewolf
Last Train to Skaville
LAWFI5H
Tim&gt;&lt;
All Clear
Butters
J.T.
Travis
Captain Nemo
Macroman
Cubedbee
Rolie Polie Olie
thing
Gandalf
the yellow dart

Mr. Penguin
Mulan
BC
Leela
Baby Bubba
Traina
RedSoxFan
Asynchronous
ahow's pickup truck

Klaymen
11-08-2004, 01:04 PM
If there is interest in a stapler prize, then would someone else request it from Glenn and setup the necessary rules.

Oh great, we can win staples. :roll:

Ebenezer Kohl
11-08-2004, 01:07 PM
And what is the relationship between the EC and the host? Do they have to all submit a PM to me with a unanimous decision or do I respect the first name they submit individually?

Leela
11-08-2004, 01:36 PM
I'm still in.

I'm sorry I've missed all the discussion. I guess I spent too much time in the Course 2 Forum last week.

If we have no slayer, there really is no reason to have a ghost forum. So, I think we should go back to the original rules, ghosts get no vote, but can communicate to whoever, however they want.

Someone mentioned that it was unfair to have EC kill a student first, but it's the only way the game makes sense (I think it was urysohn). Maybe the EC kills the host first. Then the game starts by the host posting his/her death scene, and the students actually get the first kill.

Ebenezer Kohl
11-08-2004, 01:40 PM
Maybe the EC kills the host first.
:swear: Invinci-Bull

4sigma
11-08-2004, 02:43 PM
When there were 2 EC, I believe Mr. P required them to both PM him with the name of their candidate. No execution unless/until they agreed.

If you are contemplating more than 2 EC, then you could either require a unanimous agreement among all living EC, or a simple majority.

Before deciding on the total # of EC, it is probably worthwhile to check the odds of winning of the EC vs. the students and make sure that the game is somewhat balanced.

Ebenezer Kohl
11-08-2004, 03:18 PM
I'll offer a rio red swingline as the prize. I've got one left.

In:
Rocky
Jables
4sigma
Snafu
Anonymouse
aces
Dave Barry
Ultimate Anyone?
Werewolf
Last Train to Skaville
LAWFI5H
Tim&gt;&lt;
All Clear
Butters
J.T.
Travis
Captain Nemo
Macroman
Cubedbee
Rolie Polie Olie
thing
Gandalf
the yellow dart
Elizabeth
BC
Leela

Mr. Penguin
Mulan
Baby Bubba
Traina
RedSoxFan
Asynchronous
ahow's pickup truck

Monday, November 15, is the deadline to enter.
Tuesday, November 16, is the day the EC will be selected.

cubedbee
11-08-2004, 03:42 PM
When there were 2 EC, I believe Mr. P required them to both PM him with the name of their candidate. No execution unless/until they agreed.

Correct, although he was flexible on the rule one or twice when my partner wasn't around to vote.

Rocky
11-08-2004, 04:16 PM
Correct, although he was flexible on the rule one or twice when my partner wasn't around to vote.

Probably b/c you had seniority. :D

Asynchronous
11-08-2004, 05:24 PM
I am in. Death to the EC!!!

Ebenezer Kohl
11-08-2004, 06:11 PM
I'll offer a rio red swingline as the prize. I've got one left.

In:
Rocky
Jables
4sigma
Snafu
Anonymouse
aces
Dave Barry
Ultimate Anyone?
Werewolf
Last Train to Skaville
LAWFI5H
Tim&gt;&lt;
All Clear
Butters
J.T.
Travis
Captain Nemo
Macroman
Cubedbee
Rolie Polie Olie
thing
Gandalf
the yellow dart
Elizabeth
Leela
Asynchronous

Mr. Penguin
Mulan
Baby Bubba
Traina
RedSoxFan
ahow's pickup truck

Monday, November 15, is the deadline to enter.
Tuesday, November 16, is the day the EC will be selected.

Ebenezer Kohl
11-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Awarding the stapler
Living students and ghosts may win the stapler by being the first vote to be counted against the final EC in the last round. (For example, ghost A haunts X, student B votes X, student C votes X, student B unvotes XÖ X is killed and is the last EC. Ghost A wins if the ghosts kill X. Student C wins if the students kill X.) An EC may win the stapler by being the surviving EC with the lowest lifetime vote total (only the final student and ghost vote each round will count). Tie will be broken by longest period from the end without a vote.

Comments?

4sigma
11-09-2004, 04:55 PM
I think this is quite a good system. It would appear to create fewer conflicts of interest than the previous one.

The only drawback is that all the players will lose postcount due to lack of orange voting.

urysohn
11-09-2004, 05:06 PM
There will be disincentive to jumping on the bandwagon if you weren't the person who voted for the lynchee first. Everyone will be advocating a switch to their target. We could have gridlock and pandemonium. I like it.

4sigma
11-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Very good point. Post count will also be lost due to less vote switching. Tim&gt;&lt;, you may wish to reconsider entering under these restrictive rules.

urysohn
11-09-2004, 09:16 PM
I would think there would be more vote switching, as people start to form new bandwagons. Or rather there will be more vote changing for an elite few, less for those who latch onto a bandwagon and refuse to budge.

RedSoxFan
11-10-2004, 09:43 AM
I'm in.

Ebenezer Kohl
11-11-2004, 11:44 AM
Baby Bubba is the last identity who posted to this thread months ago and isn't confirmed to begin play next week. The deadline to enter is Monday and the EC will be selected Tuesday.

All are invited to play. Simply post to this thread if you intend to do so.

Also the first victim of the EC will be taken from a pool of three candidates so far. This list will be made known on Tuesday when the EC are chosen. If you don't intend to play this game but would like to offer your alias up for the potential first victim, then PM me. The honor of being the first victim means that you create the game thread, game title, and first death scene.

Tim><
11-11-2004, 11:53 AM
Very good point. Post count will also be lost due to less vote switching. Tim&gt;&lt;, you may wish to reconsider entering under these restrictive rules.Considering that less than 1% of my posting in the previous EC game concerned stapler voting, and I will no longer feign silence in the GF, I think this will work out just fine.

Tim><
11-11-2004, 11:54 AM
Oh, and just because there is no stapler for orange votes doesn't mean I can't make them anyway.

Tim><
11-11-2004, 11:54 AM
Sunny and Gandalf

Ebenezer Kohl
11-11-2004, 03:14 PM
These rules are written as if the EC and first victim have been determined though they have not been so determined.

Here are the ground rules: I have randomly selected the members of the exam committee.
The exam committee knows who else is on the exam committee. The number of the EC will remain unknown to the students.
The game began when the exam committee sent a PM to me with their first execution. I then sent a PM to the victim who wrote their death scene.
What follows next is open discussion among the students as to who might be on the committee, and by public voting for lynching. Once a majority of the remaining students (which includes the committee) votes for a particular student, he or she will be lynched. Voting is as follows: use BOLD to highlight votes and vote changes. Don't use bold for anything else. This is so I can try to follow the vote counts.
The ghosts may kill students by majority of known ghosts (at least four) by posting "Haunt:[player]" in bold.
All executed (killed by the EC), haunted (killed by the GF), or lynched (killed by the students) victims (excluding EC) move into the ghost forum.
Ghosts should not PM the remaining students once notified of their death and should post only their death scene (with an indication on whether they are a student, an EC with more EC remaining, or the last EC) and haunting votes. Ghosts should not seek to discuss further with living students. Further, students should not PM ghosts.
There is no deadline for student voting. After I announce a lynching has transpired, the exam committee will have one full week to execute another student. Ghosts may only haunt once per lynching.
Awarding the stapler
Living students and ghosts may win the stapler by being the first vote to be counted against the final EC in the last round. (For example, ghost A haunts X, student B votes X, student C votes X, student B unvotes XÖ X is killed and is the last EC. Ghost A wins if the ghosts kill X. Student C wins if the students kill X.) An EC may win the stapler by being the surviving EC with the lowest lifetime vote total (only the final student and ghost vote each round will count). Tie will be broken by longest period from the end without a vote.

In:
4sigma aces All Clear
Anonymouse Asynchronous Butters
Captain Nemo Cubedbee Dave Barry
Gandalf J.T. Jables
Last Train LAWFI5H Leela
Macroman RedSoxFan Rocky
Rolie Polie snafu Take 3
yellow dart thing Tim&gt;&lt;
Travis Ult Anyone? Werewolf

Exam Committee
11-11-2004, 03:57 PM
This is Ebenezer Kohl. Testing 1-2-3.

4sigma
11-11-2004, 04:03 PM
Well, that settles things, doesn't it?

VOTE: Ebenezer Kohl

Butters
11-11-2004, 04:05 PM
Ghosts should not PM the remaining students once notified of their death and should post only their death scene (with an indication on whether they are a student, an EC with more EC remaining, or the last EC) and haunting votes. Ghosts should not seek to discuss further with living students. Further, students should not PM ghosts.

Ghosts can still talk smack, though, right? For example, if Rocky and 4sigma are arguing and insulting each other as living students, and then Rocky is lynched or executed, could Rocky still give 4sigma grief as long as he doesn't offer up any real information or call for the students to lynch 4sigma?

4sigma
11-11-2004, 04:07 PM
If Rocky were calling for my lynching, that would not be providing the students with any more information than if he were urging that the sun rise in the East.

I do think that ghosts should be able to trash talk the EC. There probably needs to be a proviso that such talk not contain any strategy messages to students, encoded or otherwise.

If the moderator considers that a ghost is crossing the line in terms of giving direction to students, he could perhaps suspend their haunting privileges for a certain number of rounds. That should keep the ghosts in line.

Ebenezer Kohl
11-11-2004, 04:11 PM

Ghosts can still talk smack, though, right? For example, if Rocky and 4sigma are arguing and insulting each other as living students, and then Rocky is lynched or executed, could Rocky still give 4sigma grief as long as he doesn't offer up any real information or call for the students to lynch 4sigma?
I would prefer that not to happen. I'm imagining three teams, ghost, ec, and students. In your example, the best Rocky could do would be to haunt 4sigma. I think the living should dominate the game thread.

But this is still open for discussion until the first victim posts, so do you care to argue the other way?

Ebenezer Kohl
11-11-2004, 04:14 PM
I do think that ghosts should be able to trash talk the EC.
So you are suggesting a member of the defeated team trash talk the general group who is ultimately responsible for student deaths. Perhaps I should log into the EC alias again and laugh.

4sigma
11-11-2004, 04:17 PM
I do think that ghosts should be able to trash talk the EC.
So you are suggesting a member of the defeated team trash talk the general group who is ultimately responsible for student deaths.Yes.

Perhaps I should log into the EC alias again and laugh.That is your prerogative.

Ebenezer Kohl
11-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Okay, are there others who feel Iím being too restrictive on open ghost posting? Iíd like the ghosts to still have play, but Iíd also like to create a disincentive to becoming a ghost.

If the object were to trash talk the Exam Committee in general, could this be done by sending PMs to the Exam Committee account? I intend for this to be a shared account by the Exam Committee.

Would a separate thread be necessary for ghosts to post openly? Iíd like to restrict the game thread to only the living so the focus is on their posting.

Whatever happens, Iíd like to have a line drawn in the sand. Iíd like for my involvement to be a minimal as possible.

Butters
11-11-2004, 04:31 PM

I would prefer that not to happen. I'm imagining three teams, ghost, ec, and students. In your example, the best Rocky could do would be to haunt 4sigma. I think the living should dominate the game thread.

But this is still open for discussion until the first victim posts, so do you care to argue the other way?

I think if the ghosts can't say anything other than Haunt: XXX once per lynching, then most ghosts will not pay much attention to the game. In a case such as this, it would be a good idea for the EC to take out the students that post frequently early on. This would cause the thread to go very quiet and lead to an EC advantage.

Gandalf
11-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Who cares about trash talking the EC. What if ghosts want to trash talk the moderator?

Two serious question:
1. Ghosts haunting. Does "a majority of known ghosts (at least 4)" mean at least 4 ghosts haunting one person, or does it mean that there must be at least 4 ghosts, a majority of whom haunt one person? (Also, unless I've missed something, all ghosts are known.)

2. Ghosts haunting. Can a ghost unhaunt in bold?

Tim><
11-11-2004, 04:41 PM
If Ghosts cannot post in the main thread, other than haunting, will there be a ghost forum? If so, will the ghost forum be deleted or moved to the game section when the game is done? I don't want to lose out on any posts. Otherwise, you may see me changing my haunting 25 times per turn.

Ebenezer Kohl
11-11-2004, 04:51 PM
There will be a private ghost forum beginning with the first person lynched. There may also be a public ghost forum depending on interest and discussion here.

Who cares about trash talking the EC. What if ghosts want to trash talk the moderator?
Then I suggest a second thread for general trash talking. It isnít like we would be hogging all the threads on the front page of Games. :roll2: Ahem.

1. Ghosts haunting. Does "a majority of known ghosts (at least 4)" mean at least 4 ghosts haunting one person, or does it mean that there must be at least 4 ghosts, a majority of whom haunt one person? (Also, unless I've missed something, all ghosts are known.)
If there are four through seven ghosts, then four haunts will needed to eliminate someone. Otherwise a majority will be needed.

I believe known ghosts include EC ghosts. For example, ghosts need one more vote to eliminate someone. The EC ghosts should be able to help out.

No. After a lynching, all haunting votes are erased and ghosts begin haunting again.

4sigma
11-11-2004, 05:27 PM
My objection to the "restrictive" ghost communication rules is not a strong one. I just feel that trash talking is a big part of this game, but if that's a power you lose by becoming a ghost, then so be it. I'm in no hurry to become a ghost this game.

I do agree that if ghosts are permitted to post anything beyond a "haunt" vote, that it would need to be restricted in order to prevent unduly influencing the students. I respect that if our esteemed moderator does not want to assume the role of Ghost Communications Police ô, it may be simpler to just forbid any such remarks.

One slightly less restrictive rule might be that ghosts are not allowed to post anything that names (or otherwise identifies) any living students. They would however be free to respond to taunts from the "Exam Committee" ID, who I sincerely hope will engage in some better taunting than the last EC.

Rocky
11-11-2004, 05:38 PM

:lolup:

Rocky
11-11-2004, 05:40 PM

You do realize that we made up last game, right?

Once we were both dead and proven innocent, we finally decided to trust each other. :D

4sigma
11-11-2004, 05:45 PM
Yeah, Rocky and I are pals now. I think I was the only one defending him on the ghost forum last game.

Of course, I also wanted to tell the EC he was the slayer, but they killed him before we could do that.

We still call for each other's lynching now and again, just for old times' sake.

Rocky
11-11-2004, 05:57 PM
Yeah, Rocky and I are pals now. I think I was the only one defending him on the ghost forum last game.

Sad, but true! :o

Of course, I also wanted to tell the EC he was the slayer, but they killed him before we could do that.

:swear: dirty, rotten ghosts!

We still call for each other's lynching now and again, just for old times' sake.

That's what friends are for! :D

Kenshiro
11-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Is it too late to sign up?

Ebenezer Kohl
11-11-2004, 06:37 PM
Is it too late to sign up?
No. You're in.

Iím becoming more and more comfortable sticking to my guns concerning limiting ghost posts to only haunting, but having a second open ghost forum thread where students should not post.

I think if the ghosts can't say anything other than Haunt: XXX once per lynching, then most ghosts will not pay much attention to the game. In a case such as this, it would be a good idea for the EC to take out the students that post frequently early on. This would cause the thread to go very quiet and lead to an EC advantage.
The EC will be responsible for less than a half of the deaths. I would recommend the ghosts and the students counteract any advantage you see. Of course, if the students and ghosts wish to combine their efforts, such initiative must be led by the living students as the ghosts will not be permitted to discuss further with the living students. As the number of living students dwindles, their individual power will increase while the individual power of ghosts decreases (because proportional voting power increases in smaller groups and decreases in larger groups).

Strategy about what individuals will offer becomes more important than whether a model suggests a turn should be skipped. I also love that the holidays are coming up. How do you think that will affect the game?

urysohn
11-11-2004, 08:31 PM
No. After a lynching, all haunting votes are erased and ghosts begin haunting again.
Just want to make sure you answered the question that was asked. WITHIN a round, ghosts may not unhaunt. Whoever they choose to haunt, they're stuck with for the round. They may not change their opinion once a bandwagon starts. Nor are they allowed to discuss guilt of the living, so there is little to no collaboration allowed. You either vote for the first person a ghost-with-initiative selects or risk not getting anyone that round.

What happens first: lynches, hauntings, or first-come-first-served?

urysohn
11-11-2004, 08:33 PM
If the object were to trash talk the Exam Committee in general, could this be done by sending PMs to the Exam Committee account? I intend for this to be a shared account by the Exam Committee.

Sweet. I love the potential for EC-backstabbing this could lead to.

Gandalf
11-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Just want to make sure you answered the question that was asked. WITHIN a round, ghosts may not unhaunt. Whoever they choose to haunt, they're stuck with for the round. They may not change their opinion once a bandwagon starts.Yes, that is what I was asking (as a serious question, even tho Rocky seemed to think it was funny.) And that's how I interpreted EK's answer.Nor are they allowed to discuss guilt of the living, so there is little to no collaboration allowed.Where do you see this? Ghosts can freely communicate among themselves, can't they?
What happens first: lynches, hauntings, or first-come-first-served?From EK, maybe via PM: first-come-first-served.

the mole
11-11-2004, 09:15 PM
Perhaps I missed something, but the time constraints on when a haunting needs to be completed are unclear to me. Which of the following is it?

(a1) After each EC execution, ghosts may kill someone by haunting. One haunting per EC execution, no matter how long it takes.

(a2) Same as (a1), but EC must wait until the ghosts have haunted (or deadlocked) before they make their next execution.

(b1) After each EC execution and student lynching, ghosts may then kill someone by haunting. EC must wait for the ghosts to haunt someone (or deadlock) before EC can make their next execution.

(b2) Same as b1, but EC is free to make their next execution anytime after the students have lynched. If the ghosts haven't haunted anyone yet, they lose the opportunity to do so.

(c1) Same as (b1), but ghosts haunt before students lynch. Students must wait to lynch until the ghosts have haunted or deadlocked.

(c2) Same as (c1), but students are free to lynch whenever they like. If the students lynch before the ghosts haunt, the ghosts lose their chance to haunt that round

(d) None of the above. (please clarify)

Also, I would recommend that ghosts be allowed to change who they are haunting within a round. Not sure if this is what EK meant above or not. Ghosts are noncorporeal, so it's not terribly hard to change your mind and move over to haunt someone else.

Rocky
11-11-2004, 10:19 PM
(as a serious question, even tho Rocky seemed to think it was funny.)

Of course it's a serious question. The thought of "unhaunting" struck me as funny...

BOO!

later...I take that BOO! back. UNBOO!

ahhhhh...it's been a long week already...

Take 3
11-11-2004, 11:33 PM
Well, that settles things, doesn't it?

VOTE: Ebenezer Kohl

:lol:

E. Blackadder
11-11-2004, 11:37 PM
There should be an exorcist, who has a turn after every cycle.

Klaymen
11-12-2004, 02:58 AM
I take that BOO! back. UNBOO!

That is so funny. Boo ha ha!

snafu
11-12-2004, 07:44 AM
A few cents worth...

I think ghosts should be able to unhaunt during a round.

I think ghosts should be able to talk some smack - ha ha EK, you got me but I know you are really EC. (with EK running this show, I'm going to have to find a new antagonist)

I do NOT think ghosts should be able to interact strategically with the students.

I think the EC should have an obligation for a minimum amount of posting.

I strongly feel that we should NOT have more than one thread
Multiple threads dilute the page count and we should go for 200 pages
multiple threads ruin the continuity of reviewing the game later
on the plus side - multiple threads would involve lots of multiple threads and perhaps make a point - but it is a point that is probably best left unmade
multiple threads would get confusing and hard to keep track of

I think we need to get this show on the road 'cause I'm getting bored.

snafu
11-12-2004, 07:46 AM
Oh yeah, two more things I think

I think I could have split all of the above points into separate posts and boosted my post count.

I think EK volunteered to run this thing just to avoid getting lynched first VOTE: EK I sense a bandwagon forming. Who else wantts to lynch EK!!!

Ebenezer Kohl
11-12-2004, 11:05 AM
The following questions from Gandalf and my reply occurred on The Passion of the Exam Committee (http://actuary.ca/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=43166) that is difficult to find because the Games forum is so junked up.

Questions:
1. Ghosts can communicate among themselves via ghost forum or PMs?
2. No ghost haunting until there are at least 4 ghosts?
3. Is there a timing for the haunting? E.g., must it be after the execution before the lynching? After the lynching before the execution?
4. I presume you mean no pre-set deadline for student voting? If for example the students were deadlocked (e.g., 4 left, including 2 EC, no majority), then the game should just proceed to the next step. Likewise (this may turn out to be irrelevant) if the students want to pass.
Gandalf,
1. That is correct.
2. Ghosts may haunt, though without four votes there will be no death.
3. There may be only one haunting between lynchings. The order of the execution and haunting does not matter. The deadline for execution is one week after I announce a lynching transpired. The deadline for haunting is the next lynching as there is no carry forward of missed hauntings.
4. If for example the students are hopelessly deadlocked, I will give them a drop dead date when the exam committee will win outright. Maybe then they will reconsider their voting position.

Just want to make sure you answered the question that was asked. WITHIN a round, ghosts may not unhaunt. Whoever they choose to haunt, they're stuck with for the round. They may not change their opinion once a bandwagon starts. Nor are they allowed to discuss guilt of the living, so there is little to no collaboration allowed. You either vote for the first person a ghost-with-initiative selects or risk not getting anyone that round.

What happens first: lynches, hauntings, or first-come-first-served?
The rounds end with a lynching.

WITHIN a round, ghosts may not unhaunt. Whoever they choose to haunt, theyíre stuck with for the round. Ghosts are not allowed to discuss guilt with the living.

Ghosts may freely discuss guilt in their private forum.

Ghosts are noncorporeal, so it's not terribly hard to change your mind and move over to haunt someone else.
Haunting will already be construed as a method of student guilt. Unhaunting will lead to a method of the ghosts discussing guilt with students. If the ghosts wish to eliminate a current student, then they should do so with the minimal impact to other living students.

BOO!

later...I take that BOO! back. UNBOO!
:lol:

I think the EC should have an obligation for a minimum amount of posting.
There will be no minimum, but the essence of your question is in the planning.

multiple threads ruin the continuity of reviewing the game later
This is intentional in regards to ghost trash talking. If continuity mattered then that is in my opinion a method of discussion with the students.

multiple threads would get confusing and hard to keep track of
I foresee a game thread, a private ghost forum, a public ghost forum for trashtalking, and a thread for rules discussion within the game.

I think we need to get this show on the road 'cause I'm getting bored.
Yes, no matter when I set deadlines for fantasy drafting or discussion forum gaming, I always get too eager just before and consider bumping it up. I wonít do that just because others will potentially read this over the weekend or Monday and wish to join.

Ebenezer Kohl
11-12-2004, 12:45 PM
I hope I've responded to all questions asked. Let me know if I did not answer to the extent desired.

These rules are written as if the EC and first victim have been determined though they have not been so determined.

Here are the ground rules: I have randomly selected the members of the exam committee.
The exam committee knows who else is on the exam committee. The number of the EC will remain unknown to the students.
The game began when the exam committee sent a PM to me with their first execution. I then sent a PM to the victim who wrote their death scene.
What follows next is open discussion among the students as to who might be on the committee, and by public voting for lynching. Once a majority of the remaining students (which includes the committee) votes for a particular student, he or she will be lynched. Voting is as follows: use BOLD to highlight votes and vote changes. Don't use bold for anything else. This is so I can try to follow the vote counts.
Awarding the stapler

In:
4sigma aces All Clear
Gandalf J.T. Jables
Last Train LAWFI5H Leela
Macroman RedSoxFan Rocky
Rolie Polie snafu Take 3
Kenshiro

Ebenezer Kohl
11-12-2004, 03:21 PM
There is a group of four thus far who may be the first person voted out. This person will not join the ghost forum or count against the total of known ghosts. So basically this is just a group of nonplayers that allows the Exam Committee to make a selection (thus the students can use this selection as evidence to the thinking of the EC) without executing anyone who wished to play before they had a chance to do so.

Gandalf
11-12-2004, 03:25 PM
And the other three nonplayers have no future role? This will provide very little info about the EC, IMO.

Will we be told who the other three were?

Ebenezer Kohl
11-12-2004, 03:41 PM
And the other three nonplayers have no future role? This will provide very little info about the EC, IMO.

Will we be told who the other three were?
Yes, you will be told who the other three were. I figure it is about as much information about the EC had they selected from the active players.

Gandalf
11-12-2004, 03:52 PM
I disagree that it provides as much info, but it's OK, and letting everyone play for at least one lynch is a very worthwhile objective.

But what about the three nonplayers who wrote death scenes but won't die? One possibility, since they are undead, is to let Buffy slay them. Or you could let the ghosts haunt them, since the ghosts can't haunt players for the first 3 rounds.

Ebenezer Kohl
11-12-2004, 04:05 PM
But what about the three nonplayers who wrote death scenes but won't die? One possibility, since they are undead, is to let Buffy slay them. Or you could let the ghosts haunt them, since the ghosts can't haunt players for the first 3 rounds.
I assume any nonplayers that wish to make a "date" with Buffy to post a death scene would be fine by me. I never mind seeing Buffy post.

4sigma
11-12-2004, 05:09 PM
There is a group of four thus far who may be the first person voted out. This person will not join the ghost forum or count against the total of known ghosts. So basically this is just a group of nonplayers that allows the Exam Committee to make a selection (thus the students can use this selection as evidence to the thinking of the EC) without executing anyone who wished to play before they had a chance to do so.Perhaps EC could cut and paste their death scenes together and kill all four of them at once?

I recommend a rule that all death scenes require an image of the killer. EC, Buffy, or otherwise.

Macavity
11-12-2004, 06:27 PM
I will try to play?

Captain Nemo
11-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Hey, I have a great idea. Let's come up with clever nuematic devices like

Everyone
Come
See
Us
Catch
Killers

Maybe the poster with the best one we agree not to lynch or haunt, like they do on Survivor?

4sigma
11-15-2004, 03:47 AM
I'll give it a try, though I don't quite see what this has to do with air-power. :duh:

Does
Everyone
Agree
To
Hanging

The
Offenders

That
Head
EKís

Exam
Committee

urysohn
11-15-2004, 09:59 AM
I'm confused on the timing of things. Can we vote to lynch somebody yet? :P

urysohn
11-15-2004, 10:04 AM
It's bad but all I've got.
----------

Dubious
Investigations
Enhance

Ecstasy
Concerning

Death
In
EC

Rocky
11-15-2004, 10:06 AM

Sure.

Since the EC goes first. Did you mean to PM this to EK, or your EC partner? :D

lawfi5h
11-15-2004, 10:08 AM
So like, has the game started?

Rocky
11-15-2004, 10:12 AM
C I L L the E.C.

Rocky
11-15-2004, 10:13 AM

note: Lawfi5h = EC1 (from last game)...

Rocky
11-15-2004, 10:15 AM
EK posted that we'll have a death scene from a non-player victim of the EC to start things off.

Then, we innocent students debate/bandwagon/speculate and hypothesize until we decide on an EC candidate that we want to lynch.

Don't worry, you'll see the maelstrom when it comes through... :D

lawfi5h
11-15-2004, 10:20 AM

note: Lawfi5h = EC1 (from last game)...

:tfh:

sidenote: it took forever to find that emoticon. I have a feeling by the end of this game, I will know it is "tfh"

Ebenezer Kohl
11-15-2004, 10:44 AM
Today is the deadline to enter. Please post to this thread by tonight if you wish to play. The EC will be randomly selected tomorrow morning, 24 hours from now.

In:
4sigma aces All Clear
Gandalf J.T. Jables
Last Train LAWFI5H Leela
Macroman RedSoxFan Rocky
Rolie Polie snafu Take 3
Kenshiro Macavity

urysohn
11-15-2004, 10:48 AM

Sure.

If I'm selected to be EC, you're gonna be the first one to go, buddy :swear:

Captain Nemo
11-15-2004, 10:51 AM
Does this mean that if Rocky dies first, Roly Poly Oly is EC?

Rocky
11-15-2004, 10:53 AM

Sure.

If I'm selected to be EC, you're gonna be the first one to go, buddy :swear:

Hmmmm...I wonder how the first haunting would go if that's the case?

ROCKY & other ghosts: BOO!
RPO: :yikes:

:wink:

Klaymen
11-15-2004, 12:33 PM

It means that whoever is EC can bump off Rocky first and implicate Roly Poly Oly.

Rocky
11-15-2004, 01:12 PM

It means that whoever is EC can bump off Rocky first and implicate Roly Poly Oly.

:roll:

The EC kills a non-player first...

The rules are all through the thread if you're interested in seeing how the game will go...

Tim><
11-15-2004, 01:17 PM

RedSoxFan
11-15-2004, 02:57 PM
Can we try and keep down on the number of posts? There were so many last time and I was barely able to keep up, let alone think of things to say.

:)

lawfi5h
11-15-2004, 02:58 PM
Can we try and keep down on the number of posts? There were so many last time and I was barely able to keep up, let alone think of things to say.

:)

you know that all you did is encourage more posts? Right? Consider the audience!

That is like saying "hey, don't post in the dead thread please"

Ebenezer Kohl
11-15-2004, 06:57 PM
Last call for participants. EC will be selected tomorrow morning.

4sigma aces All Clear
Gandalf J.T. Jables
Kenshiro Last Train LAWFI5H
Leela Macavity Macroman
RedSoxFan Rocky Rolie Polie Olie
Snafu Take 3 the yellow dart
thing Tim&gt;&lt; Travis
Ult Anyone? Werewolf

Post here if you would like to play and your alias isn't in the list.

urysohn
11-15-2004, 07:13 PM
The EC may now prepare to die die die DIE. Have a nice day.

Klaymen
11-15-2004, 07:44 PM
Easy for you to say now. Tomorrow morning will be a different story.

Captain Nemo
11-15-2004, 09:17 PM

But wouldn't there only be 2 ghosts so far? If I've read the rules correctly (and who knows) I think the students lynch someone and then the EC kill someone, and if they killed Rocky, then wouldn't there just be him and the guy the student's lynched? So maybe it would just be "Rocky and 1 other ghost". And it takes 4 ghosts to scare anyone to death anyway, unless they're not in a majority, right?

Oh, well. Death to the EK.

Ebenezer Kohl
11-16-2004, 10:32 AM
4sigma aces All Clear
Gandalf J.T. Jables
Kenshiro Last Train LAWFI5H
Leela Macavity Macroman
RedSoxFan Rocky Rolie Polie Olie
Snafu Take 3 the yellow dart
thing Tim&gt;&lt; Travis
Ult Anyone? Werewolf
This is the complete list of game participants. The EC will now be randomly picked.

Exam Committee
11-16-2004, 10:36 AM
This is Ebenezer Kohl. This is the last post that I will make from this account until after the game has ended.

Ebenezer Kohl
11-16-2004, 10:43 AM
The Exam Committee members have each been sent a PM. The game has begun.

Tim><
11-16-2004, 10:43 AM
Death to the Students!

Tim><
11-16-2004, 10:44 AM

Gandalf
11-16-2004, 10:46 AM
The Exam Committee members have each been sent a PM. The game has begun.
Does this mean that since I don't have a PM I am not EC? :D

Tim><
11-16-2004, 10:53 AM
If I don't open any PMs from you, does this mean that I not EC?

Klaymen
11-16-2004, 11:16 AM

Leela
11-16-2004, 12:20 PM
Does the first person who is killed by the EC, but not really a participant count as a ghost?

Edited to say: I was thinking this in reponse to Captain Nemo saying there would only be 2 ghosts if Rocky is killed by the EC first, but now that I thought it through, I realize that he is right.

So, I retract my question.

Tim><
11-16-2004, 12:24 PM
Tim&gt;&lt; is EC. You should all vote to lynch him.

Ebenezer Kohl
11-16-2004, 12:27 PM
Does the first person who is killed by the EC, but not really a participant count as a ghost?
No.

Tim><
11-16-2004, 12:29 PM
Incidentally, I am dead serious about having a PM from EK.

Rocky
11-16-2004, 12:48 PM

Way to lay low...

How does sharing this information benefit you?

Will Durant
11-16-2004, 12:58 PM
Well this makes us think that he couldn't possibly be an EC because no way would an EC share that info . . . Unless we conclude that he knows we would think this . . . so he's definitely EC . . . but then on the other hand . . .

AAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!

Tim><
11-16-2004, 12:58 PM

Way to lay low...

I want to be a ghost.

Rocky
11-16-2004, 01:02 PM

But wouldn't there only be 2 ghosts so far?

Why would you think that the first haunting would take place when there are 2 ghosts?

A single ghost can haunt if he/she wants to. Or, they could wait until they have 4 (or more) ghosts to make their first haunt since that haunt could result in a kill. It's all up to the ghosts.

Rocky
11-16-2004, 01:04 PM

Way to lay low...

I want to be a ghost.

I'll be glad to oblige :D , but if you're an innocent student, why would you want us to waste a turn by lynching you first? :shake:

urysohn
11-16-2004, 01:07 PM
I am not EC.

Sure it's pointless to say, but I think I'd like to hear a little loyalty statement from each of you. Gandalf has the idea. Tim&gt;&lt; might be a little off the mark.

Death to the EC!

Rocky
11-16-2004, 01:10 PM
Well this makes us think that he couldn't possibly be an EC because no way would an EC share that info . . . Unless we conclude that he knows we would think this . . . so he's definitely EC . . . but then on the other hand . . .

AAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!

You were Will Durant last game, right?

Can you still think like an EC? Is Tim &gt;&lt; making a good move under any circumstances?

Tim><
11-16-2004, 01:13 PM

AAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!

You were Will Durant last game, right?

Can you still think like an EC? Is Tim &gt;&lt; making a good move under any circumstances?

Yes. I am convincing you that I am not really an EC as my behavior would be ludicrous were I actually an EC. This will result in you not 'wasting' a vote on me and protect me for many rounds to come.

thing
11-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Vote: Tim &gt;&lt;

'cause he's an honest man; and we need more dead honest men.

Wait a sec...

Hey EK, do votes in this thread count, given that we're eagerly anticipating the arrival of a different thread where the game will take place?

Werewolf

The exam committee will know who else is on the exam committee. The number of the EC will remain unknown to the students.
Ghosts should not PM the remaining students once notified of their death and should post only their death scene and haunting votes. Ghosts should not seek to discuss further with living students. Further, students should not PM ghosts.

EK,

Can you confirm that these are the correct official rules?

P.S. Death to the EC!

Rocky
I am convincing you that I am not really an EC

There's only 1 way to find that out for sure.

I'm surprised that more players aren't taking Tim &gt;&lt;'s approach. :roll:

Tim><
11-16-2004, 01:20 PM
I am convincing you that I am not really an EC

There's only 1 way to find that out for sure.

I'm surprised that more players aren't taking Tim &gt;&lt;'s approach. :roll:

They don't see the possibilities of having a ghost forum all to themselves.

I could post endless political posts without hearing a single "Bush is Dumb."
I could post my own dead thread without a single :shake: from Avi.
I could create a potato vs. 42 poll with a favorable outcome.

Ebenezer Kohl
11-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Hey EK, do votes in this thread count...?
No.

Rocky
11-16-2004, 01:24 PM
They don't see the possibilities of having a ghost forum all to themselves.

I could post endless political posts without hearing a single "Bush is Dumb."
I could post my own dead thread without a single :shake: from Avi.
I could create a potato vs. 42 poll with a favorable outcome.

You are post-obsessed beyond most poster's wildest imagination...

:notworth:

Ebenezer Kohl
11-16-2004, 01:26 PM
Can you confirm that these are the correct official rules?
I can but won't. I'll post the official rules on the new thread.