PDA

View Full Version : General questions

Actuarized
01-11-2018, 11:19 AM
Hi All, I am looking to start the module soon and was wondering if it's the same set up as FAP. Is there an end of module exam, and does the grade matter? And then an EOM that's a long write up similar to FAP? Thanks

trapperj
01-11-2018, 11:24 AM
In my experience the FSA modules have been easier and more straightforward. They are definitely not as long as FAP.

Actuarized
01-11-2018, 11:42 AM
In my experience the FSA modules have been easier and more straightforward. They are definitely not as long as FAP.

That's great to hear. Is there an end of module exam, and does the grade matter?

Stedit
01-11-2018, 11:59 AM
There's an end of module assignment, yes. The grading is similar to the FAP EOMs, i.e. you assess yourself first and, if you determine that you meet minimum requirements, submit your paper to the SOA for grading, where they will give you an MMR or DNMMR. All FSA module assignments are graded, AFAIK.

Actuarized
01-11-2018, 12:01 PM
There's an end of module assignment, yes. The grading is similar to the FAP EOMs, i.e. you assess yourself first and, if you determine that you meet minimum requirements, submit your paper to the SOA for grading, where they will give you an MMR or DNMMR. All FSA module assignments are graded, AFAIK.

Yes I understand the EOM is similar. I am referring to the multiple choice exam after each module before you can download the EOM.

Testing1to10
01-11-2018, 12:30 PM
Yes I understand the EOM is similar. I am referring to the multiple choice exam after each module before you can download the EOM.

Does not matter, same as FAP.

V1per41
02-06-2018, 10:36 AM

Could someone go a bit more into depth on this?

I just made ASA and am looking at all of the FSA requirements.

There are 4 modules. Is each one "not as long as FAP." Or are they not as long as FAP combined?

About how much work is each one compared to FAP?

FightingNorthStars
02-06-2018, 06:32 PM
There are 3 FSA modules and then the DMACC, which is completely different. One of the three FSA modules is about the same amount of work as 1.5-2 of the FAP modules I would say.

V1per41
02-07-2018, 11:46 AM
There are 3 FSA modules and then the DMACC, which is completely different. One of the three FSA modules is about the same amount of work as 1.5-2 of the FAP modules I would say.

So if I understand you correctly...

Each of the 3 main FSA modules is about as much work as about 2 of the EOM exercises from the FAP?

FightingNorthStars
02-08-2018, 08:16 AM
So if I understand you correctly...

Each of the 3 main FSA modules is about as much work as about 2 of the EOM exercises from the FAP?

Correct. 3 main FSA modules = ~5-6 FAP modules.