View Full Version : Course 2 Progress
04-10-2002, 04:30 PM
How's studying going? For all of you writing this May:
1) how many hours of study so far
2) how many hours do you plan in total
3) how many attempts
4) what study materials used
5) any seminars?
1) 170 hours so far
2) around 250 to 275
3) 2nd attempt
4) CSM, Averbach, and Temple (i think)
04-10-2002, 08:42 PM
I have put in 175-200 so far, probably have about 300 by May 23rd. I have gone over everything and took notes (a LOT). I am now reading the Klein how to pass book. its my first sitting for c2 and I would really like to get it this time, if im gonna have to sit for an exam more than once, i would rather it be C3. Im not too sure how I stand though cause i havent started taking practice exams, im hoping this will be like last time, when everything started clicking like 2 weeeks before the exam. I used the temple manuels and klein so far. I really liked the temple manuals, much better than actex in my opinion.
04-10-2002, 08:58 PM
1) About 225 hours so far, though it could be more.
2) 300-350 hours or as many more as I get in the next 42 days@3hrs per day. As much as possible.
3) First attempt
4) Actex, CSM
I think I'm doing alright with it.... Having trouble finding time to study lately, but started early. At this point, I've done all the syllabus readings and a good number of problems in econ, interest theory... Corp Finance seems to be my weak spot so far, but I've been trying to get better at it.
Saving Nov/01 exam for May to really get a feel for my progress. I'd really like to pass, considering this is the first exam I am SERIOUSLY studying for (more than 100 hours), and I feel like I am working hard.
Trying to memorize a lot of formulas that I don't remember anymore (bonds, depreciation, corp finance stuff)
1. 30-40 Hours
2. 100 Hours
I majored in finance so the material isn't anything new to me. Just a question to Actex users: Does anyone else find the econ study manual worthless?
04-11-2002, 11:47 AM
3. first attempt
4. theory of interest, micro book, weiss for finance (i think this might be temple), and i have not really looked at macro yet
5. NEAS - Batten is man!!
Bama Gambler :lol:
04-14-2002, 04:38 AM
3. 1st attempt
4. thory of interest and micro, little finance.
5. temple guides are great....
prepare to do very little micro, its just so boring....
04-15-2002, 03:06 PM
3. 2nd attempt (I got a 5 last time and made 6 silly mistakes)
4. CSM, Averbach
5. I took NEAS last time, but none this time.
I don't think I need a lot of hours cause I remember how to do most of interest theory and micro (I somehow scored in the 99th percentile for micro), but at the same time I'm hoping to not get too complacent. Best of luck to all!
vBulletin® v3.7.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.