PDA

View Full Version : PD Plan Approval Time

Cloudy
08-24-2004, 07:51 AM
How long did it take for your PD plan approval? And whether your plan was sent for thorough review...

sb_jim
08-24-2004, 11:33 AM
If you're talking about the final executed plan and not the initial plan submission, mine took exactly five weeks for approval. I have no idea what kind of process it went through, rubber stamp or hairy intensive review, but I think you should plan on about 4 weeks for them to get back to you.

wondering
08-24-2004, 12:30 PM
I mailed it to SOA on Aug 20. I have a 50 credits PD plan. Hopefully, it will get approved in time and I can get into Atlanta. Anyone else shooting for Atlanta too? When did you submit your PD plan?

Transdermal Celebration
08-24-2004, 12:51 PM
I mailed mine June 28 and got approval July 27. Plus, I didn't have to do a project, just 35 credits of PD seminars. I was hoping to get into McLean, but I understand a lot of people turned in PD right before the McLean deadline. OH well, looks like the Atlanta site is on Emory University's campus or close by, looks like a cool place for FAC.

Also, the schedule of events was passed out. No offense but it seems like a lot of Fluff, and I cannot see why they couldn't have let more people into McLean. Here's the schedule of events for Atlanta, not very grueling:

Day 1:
730-900 Breakfast
800-900 Registration
915-930 Welcome Session
945-1230 Ethics Case Study
1230-200 Lunch
200-330 Movie
330 - 500 Self Organized Activity / Networking'
500 - 600 Reception
600 - 730 Dinner
730 - 900 Hospitality

Day 2:
730-900 Breakfast
900-1000 Ethics Case Study
1015-1200 Professionalism Session
1215-115 Lunch
130-300 Ethics Case Study
315-345 Wrap Up and Evaluation
End of Required Program
530-630 Reception
630-1030 Graduation Banquet, Presentation of Diplomas

Cloudy
08-24-2004, 06:43 PM
I mailed it on Aug 18. It's a 35 credits plan without project, but it has 2 credits from non-approved seminar. Does anyone know if they will specifically review plans with non-approved elements? Hope my plan won't be lucky enough to be selected for review. I'm still waiting..... hoping for Atlanta.

When should I email the SOA asking for review progress? 2 weeks after submission?

wondering
08-24-2004, 08:57 PM
Claudy, it seems that we are the only people waiting for Altlanta so far. Hopefully, other persons who is waiting to get in Nov FAC will join this discussion so that we have more information to share... I think emailing SOA two weeks after PD submission is a good idea. At least, it doesn't hurt to ask.

tchiew
08-25-2004, 09:49 AM
I sent mine on 16 Aug (need 45 credits with 3 non approved credits), chap at SOA said I had a good chance to attend Altanta FAC * fingers crossed * :wink:

tope
08-25-2004, 09:58 AM
mine has been with the SOA since late July (22nd)...does anyone know of a case where it took them this long to give you back your PD, only to have it rejected?, Im a lil paranoid now, a friend told me that usually if they would reject it, they would notify you of changes to be made sooner than the usual 5 weeks, is this true?

tchiew
08-25-2004, 10:05 AM
Hi tope

Why dun you send them an email? They told me to check back with them in 2 to 3 weeks time.

Swiper
08-25-2004, 10:08 AM
200-330 Movie

"The Billion Dollar Bubble" This was one of the best parts.

TW Man
08-25-2004, 10:15 AM
I sent in mine on August 11 with 15 credits and also aimed for Atlanta. Hope to get the result on time. :P

Cheers.

Cloudy
08-25-2004, 10:22 AM
Today is my day 6, should I send an email to them? I think if my plan is not chosen for content review, it should be approved within this week. :-?

Do they send plan approval email to everyone or only to those who asked?

Hi tchiew,
Did they tell you that your plan was sent for content review and due to come back on day xx? When did you send the email?

tchiew
08-25-2004, 10:34 AM
No sure what they are doing with it (see reply below). I sent them an email on monday ( day 7, i think).

We have just received your PD plan and have just begun to process it.
As the process may now take up to 5-6 weeks due to the volume of PD
plans, I am unable to determine exactly when your plan will be
processed. At this point, I would say you do have a good chance to
attend the FAC, but I cannot guarantee a seat for you.

Please feel free to check back in a 2-3 weeks to check on the status of
your plan.

New at pd
08-25-2004, 11:19 AM
Claudy, it seems that we are the only people waiting for Altlanta so far. Hopefully, other persons who is waiting to get in Nov FAC will join this discussion so that we have more information to share... I think emailing SOA two weeks after PD submission is a good idea. At least, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Yo,

I sent my executed plan in on 7/21 so I'd have 8 weeks before the Atlanta deadline. At the 3-week mark, I emailed the SOA, and they said the expected a response within a week. After that week passed, I emailed again, and they anticipate a response this week. Today is the 5 week mark.

Roadrunner
08-25-2004, 07:11 PM
I also sent mine 8/11 with 15 credits of PD and I am aiming for Atlanta. They received it on 8/12, so that allowed 5 weeks. Based on other postings I hope that is enough. I have not heard anything from them, but based on the "allow 3-4 weeks" or "allow 5-6 weeks" that they said in various places, I am not concerned yet. It has been 2 weeks and I figured I would give them at least 3 before I contact them.

Roadrunner
08-25-2004, 07:12 PM
I also sent mine 8/11 with 15 credits of PD and I am aiming for Atlanta. They received it on 8/12, so that allowed 5 weeks. Based on other postings I hope that is enough. I have not heard anything from them, but based on the "allow 3-4 weeks" or "allow 5-6 weeks" that they said in various places, I am not concerned yet. It has been 2 weeks and I figured I would give them at least 3 before I contact them.

Cat
08-26-2004, 10:08 AM
I sent mine on 8/16. Emailed PD comments 2 days ago asking about the progress but haven't got a reply. How long does it take them to figure out the approval status? I emailed them several times before on PD requirements and they answered questions quite quickly. I started to worry that there is something wrong with my plan. :cry:

Elston Gunn
08-26-2004, 04:47 PM
FedEx'd mine today!!!

I don't expect I'll get approval by the 9/16 deadline but...

I sent an email to the SoA today asking how strict they are with the deadline. Was told, as long as spots remain the deadline will be extended. If I get an approval in 4 weeks and a spot is open I'm in. It's something at least.

As an aside, my PD plan is only for 10 credits. Any chance that zips through a little quicker than some of the bigger ones or do they all simply fall into line based on the date received? Just curious.

damn_pd
08-27-2004, 01:07 PM
Could anybody tell me whether the committee would send an email to confirm the receipt of PD excuted plan package?
Thanks.

Cloudy
08-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Could anybody tell me whether the committee would send an email to confirm the receipt of PD excuted plan package?
Thanks.

They didn't send any confirmation email to me but since I sent mine by fedex, I knew when they got the package.

Does anyone know if they will send plan approval confirmation by email? Also, will they answer any email enquiry on PD approval status?

tope
08-27-2004, 03:50 PM
I just got my approval today...I think you need to call them otherwise you would only find out weeks after the've received your PD from the commitee

Cloudy
08-30-2004, 08:36 AM
For those who have their plan approved already, do you get an email from them (like the one for the initial plan) about your final plan approval and a separate email about FAC registration?

I am curious to know, how do you ask them about the plan status by email? A colleague of mine sent an email to PD Comments a week ago asking about his plan status and still hasn't got a reply. Do they simply ignore this kind of email now? :shake: I also want to check with them about my plan but am thinking about how to write it so that it won't be "ignored".

Is there a particular person I can ask except the Mr/Miss PD Comments?

Please share your experience. :)

Transdermal Celebration
08-30-2004, 09:58 AM
I would suggest calling the SOA and asking for somebody in PD. If you get voicemail, leave your name and number. I can't remember the name of the person I spoke to, but she was very nice and helpful.

To answer your other question, I received an email that my executed PD was approved and a separate email with FAC registration Atlanta materials (which I just faxed in today!)

New at pd
08-30-2004, 10:29 AM
I called the SoA this morning -- just waiting for a call back. I'll keep you posted.

New at pd
08-30-2004, 03:43 PM
Update - approval!!

wondering
08-30-2004, 04:53 PM
Congratulations!!! I hope mine can get approved in time... BTW, which number did you call?

Cloudy
08-30-2004, 06:39 PM
Congratulations! :P Hope mine will be approved soon.

They only tell you it is approved after you called them? It seems that they are pretty slow with the emailing.

New at pd
08-31-2004, 07:50 AM
Hey all,

Thanks for the congrats. The number I called was just the general SOA number: 847 - 706 - 3500. Ask for the PD committee.

In the email I received, they said it would be another week before I get the FAC registration and confirmation letter stating that my PD is completed.

Elton John
08-31-2004, 08:43 AM
Hi everyone. I've sent my plan July 8, then email SOA August 5 and got the approval by mail on August 6. They said the November FAC materials will be emailed in the coming weeks. I'm still waiting for the confirmation letter and FAC registration material. Why is it so long :-?

Transdermal Celebration
08-31-2004, 12:30 PM
I got my registration materials over a week ago. I'd ask again if i were you. Just faxed in my registration yesterday.

Elton John
08-31-2004, 01:07 PM
I just received the confirmation letter by email.
:duh:

C8
08-31-2004, 03:15 PM
I emailed PDComments asking whether I had a shot at getting into the November (Atlanta) FAC. I sent in my executed plan on Friday, August 27. The gist of the response is that I still have a good chance of getting in.

Excerpt from response:
"we have expanded our FAC sessions to allow for the higher number of candidates filing their PD plans."

I remember reading in another thread that someone thought it was silly that they limited the number of seats at each FAC. It sounds like the SOA is trying to address this concern. I'm happy for that.

Good luck to all that are trying to jump this last hurdle. Hope to see you in a couple of months.

persephone
09-01-2004, 09:42 AM
Just received my approval yesterday. My plan was received by the SOA on August 16.

Had a friend submit her plan that day too and she got her approval sent one minute after mine was emailed to me.

TW Man
09-01-2004, 10:48 AM
I got my approval letter yesterday and I send in mine on August 11. When I sent my mail around 8 pm. I was surprised that I got the response one hours later. When I returned a thank you letter, I learned he/she worked until 10:00 pm Monday since many people wanted to know their status. I was so touched. I think for those who want to learn your status. Just send in a nice mail to pdcomments@soa.org. I believe you might get a quick response.

In addition, it is good to hear they will extend the seats. It is nice to have more people joining us. By the way, is any one know how to change the status on poll? :band2:

Cloudy
09-01-2004, 11:20 AM
Congratulations to all those who "passed". :P I'm actually a little jealous since I'm still waiting for my letter to come. :D

I sent in mine on Aug 18. Asked PD Comments and got a response that my plan should come back within the next 2 weeks. I agree that the person behind PD comments is very nice and helpful.

TW Man, did your plan also go through a full review? Did you check with them? Hopefully mine would also come back after the 3rd week. It looks like they are taking less time for a full review (or it could be that they are taking much more time for a simple review)

wondering
09-01-2004, 12:41 PM
Congratulations on people who have their PD approved! I also wrote email to SOA and was told a response may be back to me in the next two weeks. I mailed my PD on August 20th. It seems that we are on the same boat, Cloudy. I wish we both can get in. I will keep you posted if I heard anything from SOA. I think yours should be approved earlier than mine. You mailed it earlier and mine is a 50 credit plan.

wondering
09-01-2004, 10:21 PM
TW Man, are you from Taiwan? Just wondering :wink:

TW Man
09-02-2004, 02:26 AM
Yes. I am from Taiwan. How about you, Wondering? :) If you are also from Taiwan, we can go together.

enjoymylifesoon
09-02-2004, 03:12 PM
TW man,

please check your PM :wink:

Cloudy
09-13-2004, 09:44 AM
4 days left... am I the only one who is still waiting for approval? :shake:

Wondering, have you heard anything from PD Comments? I emailed them last week and was told that my plan is due to come back within this week. Hopefully they won't request any additional materials, otherwise I'll have to wait until March next year.

tchiew
09-13-2004, 09:52 AM
You not the only one. I'm getting anxious urghhhh. Submitted mine on 16 Aug, been more than 3 weeks. Anyone else on the same boat?

Roadrunner
09-13-2004, 01:21 PM
No, you 2 are not the only ones waiting. I sent mine on 8/11, so allowed 5 weeks when they said to allow 3-4 weeks. I contacted them last week and they said something similar to what Cloudy heard. They also said that since I had allowed enough time that they don't see any reason to worry at this point about getting into the FAC. Thursday, 9/16 is coming up fast. According to this thread, people who submitted after me already got approval. That makes having patience that much harder.

C8
09-14-2004, 10:32 AM
I wouldn't sweat over the September 16 registration deadline. When I read through old threads here, it sounds like the SOA still allows registrations after the deadline. As long as there are still seats left, they'll let people sign up.

I haven't gotten my approval yet either.

Cloudy
09-15-2004, 07:57 AM
2 days left .... I know they said they'll have the result within this week and today is only Wed but I am gradually losing my impatience. Has anyone revieved good news from SOA? Is anyone going to email or call them?

For those who have already registered, did you send back the form together with the payment? Does the payment include hotel room charge?

wondering
09-15-2004, 12:59 PM
I haven't heard anything from SOA either... :roll:

Elston Gunn
09-15-2004, 04:34 PM
2 days left .... I know they said they'll have the result within this week and today is only Wed but I am gradually losing my impatience. Has anyone revieved good news from SOA? Is anyone going to email or call them?

For those who have already registered, did you send back the form together with the payment? Does the payment include hotel room charge?

I asked them about mine the other day and they said they were expecting something by the end of the week. I submitted mine in the last week of August.

FYI...they said the Nov. FAC was wide open at this point and the deadline would be extended.

tchiew
09-16-2004, 11:40 AM
:o D DAY no still no sign of approval :-? Anydates from anyone?

Elston Gunn
09-16-2004, 12:26 PM
:o D DAY no still no sign of approval :-? Anydates from anyone?

Got my approval 5 minutes ago.

Cloudy
09-16-2004, 12:28 PM
Me too! I'd suggest email them TODAY. I just received the approval confirmation 15 minutes ago (after I sent my request for checking the approval status *again*.)

I know I was being a pest to them for asking so many times but I thought I should just try one more time since today is the deadline and it wouldn't hurt to send a nice email asking...

They said the registration materials and the official confirmation letter will be sent next week (obviously after the deadline), I don't know if I would be in for the Nov FAC.

Good luck! :P

tchiew
09-16-2004, 12:34 PM
GOOOOTTTTTT MINE TOOOOOOOO :))))) Thank god. Did they say it's subjected to availability of space? mine did.

Cloudy
09-16-2004, 12:36 PM
They didn't say so about the space limit, what did they say in your email?
OK, I'm very worried now! :o

Elston Gunn
09-16-2004, 12:44 PM
They didn't say so about the space limit, what did they say in your email?
OK, I'm very worried now! :o

They said space permitting. It is my understanding that there is plenty of space at this point.

tchiew
09-16-2004, 12:45 PM
Hi Cloudy

my letter says this. Is yours the same?

Thank you for submitting your executed Professional Development (PD) plan for final SOA approval. The PD Committee has approved your plan and hereby confirms your eligibility to attend a Fellowship Admissions Course (FAC). Space permitting, you will be able to attend the November FAC. Registration information for the November 2004 FAC will be sent to you via email next week.

Cloudy
09-16-2004, 12:48 PM
Their reply to me:

Your plan has been approved. FAC registration materials will be sent to you next week, as well as a confirmation letter stating that your plan has been approved.

Thank you, and congratulations to you.
PD Comments

It didn't sound as "official" as yours.... :roll:

tchiew
09-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Just in email? mine came with a letter attached as a pdf format. Anyway, I'm just relieved. My boss promise me a Pay raise :)

Cloudy
09-16-2004, 01:00 PM
Yes, just in email. Since I asked them about the approval status, they just replied my email and stated that my plan was approved.

I just sent another email to PD Comments asking if it would be possible for them to send the pdf letter to me.

tchiew
09-16-2004, 01:11 PM
I guess they did not have the time to get your letter done, no cause for worries. btw, thanks for starting the thread, you guys been giving great support and assurance.

t.c. Hiew

Cloudy
09-16-2004, 01:14 PM
Tchiew, did your pdf letter personalize with your name?

tchiew
09-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Yes it was. proper letter with address etc ... you can call me TC. Btw, hope to see you in Nov, i'll be going around shouting for Cloudy haha.

Emily
09-16-2004, 01:23 PM
Tchiew, did your pdf letter personalize with your name?
Gesundheit.

wondering
09-16-2004, 03:20 PM
Got my approval too, YAHOO!!! Hopefully, everyone can get into Atlanta!!!

Cloudy
09-16-2004, 06:25 PM
They have already sent the pdf letter and FAC registration form to me. :P

TC, I'll also be looking for you at the Nov FAC, hahaha. :wink:

tchiew
09-16-2004, 07:35 PM
Got my FAC registration form too. Anxious moments are truey over

Wondering, congrats man. Time to change your username? No cause to wonder any more haha.

See yo guys in Altanta :duh:

Roadrunner
09-16-2004, 10:38 PM
YAAAAHOOOOO!!!!!!

This long journey is about to come to a close. I got my "approval" early this afternoon. It said that the FAC registration would follow next week. I got it about an hour later. I faxed in my registration. Since I faxed it, does that mean that I am definitely in for Atlanta? Or do I have to wait to see if they request payment before I know that I am definitely going to Atlanta?

wondering
09-17-2004, 10:23 AM
Congratulations, Roadrunner. Congratulate on everyone who got PD approval. I also faxed back the registration form. I think I'm going to check with SOA next Monday to see if I got a spot or not. But I really think if they send us registration, we should be in.

semper augustus
09-17-2004, 02:25 PM
Of the group of people that received PD approval, I imagine almost all immediately signed up for the November FAC. So, does anybody know how the SOA confirms that you have a spot? Do you have to wait until billed for the FAC or do they send some sort of electronic or written confirmation?

C8
09-17-2004, 04:12 PM
Approved yesterday... faxed in registration yesterday... and confirmed today! Just need to send in my payment. Rock on!

Can't wait to party (I mean, learn about ethics) in Atlanta with y'all!

Transdermal Celebration
09-17-2004, 05:34 PM
Can't wait to study ethics as well, in fact, I plan on applying what I learn at night. I will investigate the ethical repercussions of tipping a bartender in direct proportion to their level of service.
ps - I am a dork. Can't believe I wrote the above. See you all in Hotlanta.

Cloudy
09-17-2004, 09:18 PM
Also got confirmation for FAC today. Can't wait to go to Atlanta! That's because I'm so eager to learn about the ethics! :P We are all professional people you know....

Elston Gunn
09-20-2004, 08:11 AM
I'm in as well!

Meet you in the bar at say 7pm on the 3rd? I'll be the guy drinkin'.

Cloudy
09-22-2004, 06:35 PM
Has anyone recieved confimation for the FAC payment?

Elston Gunn
09-23-2004, 08:34 AM
Has anyone recieved confimation for the FAC payment?

Got my receipt yesterday. Paid in full, reservations made. T-minus 43 days or so.

New at pd
09-23-2004, 10:20 AM
The SoA was surprisingly fast once I got approval on 8/31 - after sending in the registration form and payment form, I got my receipt on 9/8, pretty good considering the fact that Labor Day was a holiday.

It's funny, I got a voice mail from a friend of mine who was saying congrats and said "you'll be an FSA in 6 weeks." Sorta threw me off that the multi year journey will be over for us in such a relatively short time. Of course, it's not a bad thing

Roadrunner
10-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Bump!

Has everyone gotten their pre-reading? I thought that mine will be printed and read close to last minute.

Does nearly everyone bring a guest, or will I be the only one attending the banquet alone?

Elston Gunn
10-18-2004, 07:55 AM
Bump!

Has everyone gotten their pre-reading? I thought that mine will be printed and read close to last minute.

Does nearly everyone bring a guest, or will I be the only one attending the banquet alone?

Flying solo. I'd never dream of subjecting my wife to something like this.

Transdermal Celebration
10-18-2004, 01:27 PM
Flying Solo as well... the wife will stay home taking care of the kid. Probably better that way.

C8
10-18-2004, 01:39 PM
Bump!

Got the pre-reading. Quick read. Save it for the plane ride.

I'm not bringing my spouse. You definitely won't be the only one without a guest.

persephone
10-18-2004, 01:41 PM
A bit unusual perhaps, based on the responses so far, but I have 3 guests coming... my husband and both parents.

My husband wouldn't miss this for the world. We were together through the full exam process.

And I wouldn't have gotten through the exams without my parents. They live in the area, my mom has a mathematics degree, and she helped me cram for all of the tests (translate to hours of reciting and memorizing flashcards, inventing mnemonics, and understanding and deriving formulas).

:)

Roadrunner
10-19-2004, 08:29 AM
What do some of you plan to wear for the banquet? Or Cheezhobbit, what did people wear for the banquet at the August FAC?

Ezzard Charles
10-19-2004, 01:44 PM
My wife is staying home to care for our three children, ages 6, 3 and 1. Unless Thomas the Tank Engine makes a surprise guest appearance at the banquet, which I would guess is not likely, there will be very little to hold their attention.

Transdermal Celebration
10-19-2004, 01:48 PM
I'm wearing my Pauly Walnuts tracksuit. I didn't go through all this work to get dressed up in business attire!

Transdermal Celebration
10-19-2004, 01:49 PM
Oh wait, then you'll all know who I am .... business suit it is then.

Cloudy
10-19-2004, 07:12 PM
Still waiting for the FAC reading. Did they send it by email or by mail?

Roadrunner
10-19-2004, 08:24 PM
E-mail - about a week ago

Woodrow
01-27-2005, 09:48 AM
bump

20 working days, that includes time around Christmas, so I don't know if anybody was really working.

Michel de Nostradamus
02-24-2005, 11:49 PM
:bump: Bumping 'cause inquiring minds want to get more data.

C8 Guy
02-25-2005, 11:13 AM
Sent my executed PD in today!!

C8 Guy
02-25-2005, 11:14 AM
I'm hoping to get into the May FAC. Thoughts?

gnash
02-28-2005, 11:50 AM
I'm hoping to get into the May FAC. Thoughts?I am too....I hope to submit my executed plan by the end of the week. The SOA warns that it make take 6 weeks for review.....in that case I will miss the March 31 registration deadline....

C8 Guy
02-28-2005, 12:24 PM
I am too....I hope to submit my executed plan by the end of the week. The SOA warns that it make take 6 weeks for review.....in that case I will miss the March 31 registration deadline....

In th PD material at SOA.org, there are places where it says 5-6 weeks and in other places it says 3-4 weeks. Let's hope for the 3-4 weeks!!

actuary boy
02-28-2005, 02:11 PM
I'm also trying to get my executed PD plan in by the end of the week or early next week. I'm hoping for the "rubber stamp" or maybe they need more people to fill up the May FAC.

gnash
03-01-2005, 04:19 PM
What esle does your advisor have to sign other than the 'checklist'?

C8 Guy
03-02-2005, 09:48 AM
What esle does your advisor have to sign other than the 'checklist'?

statement of completion.

http://www.soa.org/ccm/content/exams-education-jobs/candidate-and-exam-information/update/

gnash
03-02-2005, 11:17 AM
statement of completion.

http://www.soa.org/ccm/content/exams-education-jobs/candidate-and-exam-information/update/
Thanks, I saw that last night. I created one and hopefully the Cheif Actuary will approve today, and the SOA will have it tommorrow!

DallasStars
03-03-2005, 10:52 AM
The executed plan should be sent to SoA today but that doesn't leave much time for the March 31 deadline. I had 30 credits to do.

gnash
03-03-2005, 03:21 PM
SOA got my executed plan today! Come on rubber stamp!

C8 Guy
03-08-2005, 09:42 PM
I doesn't look like I'm getting the rubber stamp. It's getting close to 2 weeks since I sent mine in.

The waiting is the hardest part. TP and the HB.

C8 Guy
03-23-2005, 10:14 AM
Still waiting. Four weeks now and the May deadline is closing in. Anybody get PD approval lately?

DallasStars
03-23-2005, 10:44 AM
I am guessing that all the ink for the rubber stamp approval has been used.

What do you think c8 guy? Where are you from?

gnash
03-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Still waiting. Four weeks now and the May deadline is closing in. Anybody get PD approval lately?
I haven't heard anything on mine either. Will we get notice by email or letter on the results?

I believe they will accept late registrations if they have room.......

DallasStars
03-24-2005, 11:42 AM
It took exactly 3 weeks. Yahoooo.

I hope to see gnash and the C8 guy in Toronto.

pbj
03-24-2005, 01:08 PM
I sent my executed PD plan in on 3/16. Little chance of getting into the May session, but maybe if they keep it open if it doesn't fill up. I only had 10 credits to do so I'm hoping that will speed it up too!

gnash
03-24-2005, 01:17 PM
It took exactly 3 weeks. Yahoooo.

I hope to see gnash and the C8 guy in Toronto.Yeahhhhhhh! Just got my approval! I'll be there! Hot Damn!

C8 Guy
03-24-2005, 02:47 PM
Yeahhhhhhh! Just got my approval! I'll be there! Hot Damn!

Got mine too. I'll be in Toronto hopefully. Did you get your registration material? I didn't:(

C8 Guy
03-24-2005, 02:50 PM
Congrats Dallas and Gnash! Gnash, glad you didn't have any problems with the summaries.

We're finally finsihed!! (Assuming we don't oversleep at the FAC!!)

gnash
03-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Got mine too. I'll be in Toronto hopefully. Did you get your registration material? I didn't:(

Me neither...............but will get it back to them as soon as I get it!

Congrats all!

gnash
03-24-2005, 04:22 PM
AND REGISTERED!

C8 Guy
03-25-2005, 09:05 AM
diito!!

DallasStars
03-28-2005, 10:11 AM
I just have to see how many guests I'll have before I send in the confirmation form. Do you guys think 3 wake up calls each morning is too excessive. lol

How will we know who is who (i.e. How will I know the C8 guy and gnash)?

gnash
03-29-2005, 08:41 AM
I just have to see how many guests I'll have before I send in the confirmation form. Do you guys think 3 wake up calls each morning is too excessive. lol

How will we know who is who (i.e. How will I know the C8 guy and gnash)?
I'll be the one with my shirt off, waving it in circles above my head, and with face paint!

C8 Guy
03-29-2005, 02:05 PM
I'll be the one taking the biggest advantage of the open bar!!

DallasStars
03-29-2005, 02:37 PM
okay, I'll be the drunk guy with no shirt.

So now we'll all be able to figure out who's who. :)

Katie.
03-30-2005, 01:57 PM
I'll be the one taking the biggest advantage of the open bar!!
I think gnash might challenge you to an open bar duel.

gnash
03-30-2005, 04:02 PM
I think gnash might challenge you to an open bar duel.

LOL! Thanks Katie dot! Sounds like a good idea!

C8 Guy
03-30-2005, 04:36 PM
A duel! What are the rules for a OBD? I want to know so I can practice appropriately!!

Katie.
03-30-2005, 05:58 PM
A duel! What are the rules for a OBD? I want to know so I can practice appropriately!!
I think it involves lots of shots.

I wish I was going to be there so I could join you guys. I'm sure it will be quite a spectacle. Hopefully I will have my own FAC to attend within a year.

Michel de Nostradamus
03-30-2005, 08:38 PM
[...]
I wish I was going to be there so I could join you guys. I'm sure it will be quite a spectacle. Hopefully I will have my own FAC to attend within a year.
And the same with me.

Congrats to the ones who got approval!:guitar:
And good luck to the rest of us!!

pbj
03-31-2005, 10:20 AM
I'm in!! I'm going to Toronto!

Wow, my approval took just 2 weeks and 1 day! I only had 10 credits, but I think the fact that I emailed the PD committe yesterday had something to do with it. They emailed back and said it was being processed, I should know within 2 weeks and there was still room in the May FAC. Then today another email with my letter and registration materials!

WOOHOO!!

DallasStars
04-01-2005, 02:42 PM
It does seem strange that when you email the PD committee that all of a sudden (within a day or two) a plan gets approved.

But on too more important things (i.e. the OBD) ...

I'm a canuck living in the US, not sure if that's an advantage because Canadians can drink like fish or a disadvantage because they call water in the US beer. :)

Anyway I'm sure the Friday night banquet will be a blast.

C8 Guy
04-12-2005, 11:48 AM
But on too more important things (i.e. the OBD) ...

I'm a canuck living in the US, not sure if that's an advantage because Canadians can drink like fish or a disadvantage because they call water in the US beer. :)

So what is your Canadian beer of choice?

DallasStars
04-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Molson Dry with Labatt's Light coming in at a close second.

I'm hoping with the Coors / Molson merger we might get some Dry down here (They started selling Lab-Light not that long ago here in KC)

p.s.
38 days and counting