PDA

View Full Version : Course 8 has JAM or MANUAL?

Jovial Guan
05-10-2002, 01:09 PM
Course 8 has JAM or MANUAL?

glenn
05-10-2002, 01:37 PM
Assuming your talking about 8 Individual, there are currently only two choices that I know of:
Actex 8I
www.beginwork.net

There are also an excel spreadsheet you can download from the homepage of this site (in the download section). If you read some of the other 8I threads, there may be some free notes posted here shortly as well.

Jam doesn't have notes for course 8.

Phil
05-10-2002, 01:43 PM
Finally, an exam where you get credit for studying, and don't have to compete with a bunch of good-for-nothings who are memorizing someone else's notes.

... kidding. If you want to try 8G, a previous taker named Leigh Bern (she goes by Dixie Chick on this forum) has written a beautiful set of notes in Word format. I forgot where she is selling them: RapidAct, actuarial bookstore, one of those. I have bought them and am finding them very helpful.

-Phil

Actuarybert
05-10-2002, 07:21 PM
Guan,

If you're taking 8i, I'm working on typing up my notes from last year. I have a detailed outline and a condensed outline (similar to the JAM format). I'm planning to post them in the downloads section of this website. I'm aiming to post the detailed outline around June 1.

Jovial Guan
05-11-2002, 12:06 AM
I just finalize the Course 6. SO I plan to take the course 8v, since I think the knowledge is similar and easy to understank. I am not sure if this idea is right. Anyone that have taken the course 8v, would you please give some advice? Other is easy to pass?