View Full Version : Study Schedule for Exam 5
11-04-2004, 01:45 PM
Does anyone have a study schedule for exam 5? Is there a best way to group the papers? This is my first time taking this exam and I want it to be my last.
This is what I used for my study group. It is primarily based on the All-10 13-week guide. Note that some papers may have changed since last sitting.
1. Ratemaking (McClenahan)
2. Going From Pure Premium To A Rate (Schofield)
1. Risk Classification (Finger)
2. A Macroeconomic View of the Insurance Marketplace (Boor)
3. The Impact of the Insurarnace Economic Cycle on Insurance Pricing (Boor)
4. Statements of Principles Regarding P&C Insurance Ratemaking (CAS)
1. The Interpretation of Liability Increased Limits Statistics (Lange)
2. Study Note Reading on Deductibles (Brown & Schmitz)
3. Exposure Basis Revisited (Bouska)
4. An Introduction To Premium Trend (Jones)
1. Complement of Credibility (Boor)
2. Actuarial Standard of Practice No. 13 (ASOP 13)
3. Quantifying the Impact of Non-Modeled Catastrophes on Homeowners Experience (Krakowski)
4. Commercial GL Insurance Ratemaking (Graves & Castillo)
1. ISO Statistical Plans (Prevosto)
2. Homeowners Insurance To Value – An Update (Kelley)
3. NCCI Data Collection Calls & Statistical Plans (Moncher)
1. Workers Compensation Ratemaking - (Feldblum 2)
1. Commercial Liability Ins. & Risk Mgmt., Volume 1 (Malecki & Flitner)
2. Commercial Liability Ins. & Risk Mgmt., Volume 2 (Malecki et al.)
3. Commercial Property Ins. & Risk Mgmt., Volume 1 (Trupin & Flitner)
1. Personal Auto Policy (ISO)
2. Personal Auto Manual (ISO)
3. Personal Insurance (Wiening, et al.)
1. Personal Auto Premiums: An Asset Share Approach (Feldblum 1)
1. Rating Claims-Made Policies (Marker & Mohl)
2. Incorporating A Hurricane Model Into Property Ratemaking (Burger et al.)
1. Individual Risk Rating (Sherwood)
2. Individual Risk Rating (Tiller)
1. Insurance Operations (Webb et al.)
2. Insurance to Value (Anderson)
1. Insurance Contract Analysis (Wiening & Malecki)
2. Capitation & Health Care Provider Excess (Bourdon)
11-04-2004, 01:57 PM
11-04-2004, 02:59 PM
The only new paper on Part 5 since last sitting is by Werner.
Read Werner right after Schofield, and then compare and contrast them.
No papers were removed.
11-04-2004, 06:16 PM
vBulletin® v3.7.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.