PDA

View Full Version : How to study course 8 Life?

question
05-24-2002, 02:57 AM
I am thinking about taking 8L this coming Nov (1st time). How much time do you think for an average person (not very good at memorizing)? Also could you suggest a way to study? Please advise and thanks.

Phil
05-24-2002, 10:51 AM
Do you mean 8I (Individual Life)?

For you to start now and still be able to pass, you must be able to read 15-20 pages a day, every day, thoroughly, with full understanding the first time around. Take all the notes you'll need the first time through each chapter; I'm sorry, but you probably won't have time to go back through the books again. After the first read-through, you must be confident that you can rely on your notes.

Now memorize, memorize, Memorize! MEMORIZE, GOLDANG IT, MEMORIZE!

Good luck!
-Phil

Abducens
05-24-2002, 11:29 AM
Studying Course 8 life is tricky. You don't want to get too close to the Course 8 candidate. If you do, offer snacks, or coffee. Remember, the candidate is likely to be agitated. If you must approach the Course 8 candidate, try to do so when they are reading ASOPs and thus more likely to be asleep or at least sedated.

urysohn
05-24-2002, 11:56 AM
FYI, this thread (http://www.actuary.ca/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4428) is talking through pretty much the same issues. You might pick up some pointers there.