PDA

View Full Version : Passed after how many attempts?

J. A. Prufrock
01-07-2005, 05:01 PM
There seems to be a lot of passers (or maybe those who didn't pass just aren't speaking up on the whole). For those who passed, how many attempts did it cost you?

Wannabe Actuary
01-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Most people who passed are eager to speak up...others who didn't take a while to admit it....

BleedOrangeAndBlue
01-07-2005, 05:04 PM
3 long attempts. I don't know that I really count the first one, as I studied for about 2 minutes for it.

funk1
01-07-2005, 05:08 PM
One for the funkster.

dodgers00
01-07-2005, 05:11 PM
first try, skipped course 1 to take this and avoid the vee

funk1
01-07-2005, 05:26 PM
I've taken Exam 3 a few times and have not passed it yet. Came back to Exam 2 to avoid VEE (gee, how many of us have done this???). Multiple failers, I know exactly how you feel. Now I must return to Exam M and do it, AGAIN. :)

MI_Life_Actuary
01-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Dos veces para mi (mi_life_actuary that is)

BleedOrangeAndBlue
01-07-2005, 05:29 PM
I've taken Exam 3 a few times and have not passed it yet. Came back to Exam 2 to avoid VEE (gee, how many of us have done this???). Multiple failers, I know exactly how you feel. Now I must return to Exam M and do it, AGAIN. :)

Exam M scares the bejeezus out of me. I started studying about a month ago and there's WAY too many formulas and greek letters. My head hurts just thinking about it!

jackj109
01-07-2005, 06:55 PM
3 for me too. I didn't really study the first time either though. For anyone that failed take heart, you can fail again and again and still pass. Besides, course fm is easier than course 2.

I'm not as scared by course M...we're math people remember? I'm just so damned tired of stupid economics questions that don't really even have a right answer.

ssips
01-07-2005, 07:09 PM
passed this time. i took it twice before.

Browser
01-07-2005, 08:28 PM
3 for me too. I didn't really study the first time either though. For anyone that failed take heart, you can fail again and again and still pass. Besides, course fm is easier than course 2.

I'm not as scared by course M...we're math people remember? I'm just so damned tired of stupid economics questions that don't really even have a right answer.

Be afraid of Course M...Be very afraid. It is a difficult exam no matter what level Math you think you are. In fact the Math on the exam is easy, the concepts are the tricky part.

jackj109
01-07-2005, 10:07 PM
damn. At least I was happy for a few hours. I need to go study now.

SmartActuary
01-08-2005, 12:52 AM
Passed on my first attempt

funk1
01-08-2005, 06:02 AM
Be afraid of Course M...Be very afraid. It is a difficult exam no matter what level Math you think you are. In fact the Math on the exam is easy, the concepts are the tricky part.

Ditto....I have a masters degree in math and Course 3 handed my ass to me. If you think b/c you know math that you will whip Course M like a red headed step child, think again.

Spank Doggy Dog
01-08-2005, 09:33 AM

AMEN!!!!!

God I hate that econ crap.

hcchan1437
01-08-2005, 11:07 AM
...it is my first try for course 2 and i just got a fail .......sigh.... I expected my candidate number will be appeared on the list, but ... :(
I really don't know the reason... I even dropped down the answer key (dunno whether it is prohibited or not)...for checking the answers after the answer would be posted...but the answers havent out finally....i really want to know which of the questions I did wrong on that day... :(
but...before yesterday...my frd already told me that the possibility for pass it will be lower once you found the exam is easier.... is that real? or just a rumor? I still dunno how to get a pass mark, cuz I really believe that I got 30 out of 50
after I got a fail...I started to concern for the VEE....I just got a mark of 70 (barely) in my college's economics course...which is on the approved list for VEE....is there any possibility that it cannot be claimed for the VEE credit?... sigh...god bless me please...

jackj109
01-08-2005, 02:44 PM
Ditto....I have a masters degree in math and Course 3 handed my ass to me. If you think b/c you know math that you will whip Course M like a red headed step child, think again.

Yeah, I was pretty much joking...I know it's going to probably be as hard/harder than course 2, I'm just hoping it being more technical will help me be more interested in the material itself instead of just wanting to pass.

I'm just so happy I don't have to do Econ VEE. I actually like economics, but I'm so tired of professors and authors pretending it's a real science with hard and fast answers.

wat?
01-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Yeah, I was pretty much joking...I know it's going to probably be immensely harder than course 2, I'm just hoping it being more technical will help me be more interested in the material itself instead of just wanting to pass.

I'm just so happy I don't have to do Econ VEE. I actually like economics, but I'm so tired of professors and authors pretending it's a real science with hard and fast answers.I fixed your typo.