PDA

View Full Version : 8I Study Guide

Kimmy
07-10-2002, 10:36 AM
Hi has anyone received 8I BeginWork Study Guide already? Anyone gets Laudato's/Actex/Salt? Care to comment?
:o :)

Abducens
07-10-2002, 10:47 AM
Haven't gotten mine yet. Looking at all this stuff again makes me want to barf, by the way. I thought I would share that.

GadgetGeek
07-10-2002, 12:24 PM
Why bother? Actuarybert has shown us the way with her generosity.
http://www.actuary.ca/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4575

mayreeh
07-11-2002, 05:00 PM
I started studying earlier this year with last year's actex and salt.

I immediately gave them up as worthless and started composing my own notes.

Actuarybert's notes are great. I'm using them now. --- with very few extra notations, I might add. And no mistakes that I have identified, at least.

I'm not impressed with Begin Work, just because they have been so lousy at getting the manual out on time. I emailed them in February and they claimed they would have a draft version out by the end of March for us early studiers. At the end of March, they ceased to respond to my emails.

mayreeh
08-02-2002, 01:11 PM
Now that study guides have actually shipped .....

Has anyone got any thoughts on it versus any of the other manuals out there?

Begin Work
Laudato
ActuaryBert
Actex
Salt

Viking
08-05-2002, 02:27 PM
I have the Actex, ActuaryBert and BW. I can definitely say that Actex is the least useful of the three. Between BW and Bert, it is pretty tough to tell, since sometimes BW is more detailed or clearer and other times Bert is better. However, since BW cannot deliver its promises, which is a 2nd part in time for August 1st (3/4 of C and D), I have to go with ActuaryBert, which isn't a bad thing at all. I like the fact that it is very JAM alike.

I'll probably use a blend of the two in my review of the material when I'm done with the whole reading. Still, I'm looking forward to part 2 of BW, to see if the additional $50 was worth the sample problems he said would be included...