PDA

View Full Version : study order without enough time.

abc123
03-31-2005, 12:48 PM
I started preparing for exam 5 from about 2 weeks ago; apparently I don't have enough time to read through everything before the exam.

I went through ALL10 web site and found the required time, average points tested for the last five years for each subject, and calculated the value of Points/Hours required. For example, the value for RateMaking (McClenahan) is 0.59, for Individual Risk Rating (Tiller), the value is 0.05.
From this point, I am planning to go through topics in a order based on the value (of course highest one first). Is this a feasible approach ? Is there any article I really should read before anything else ?

what is your study approach?

Thanks.

Estrella
03-31-2005, 02:10 PM
Be reminded that All10 doesn't publish "required time" per se. Their number of hours associated with each article actually are based on how many questions have been asked on the subject. I found that for some articles, there are so many pages that I found it impossible to even just read through it within the "required time".

This is what I would suggest. For the All 10 Volume 1 material (Syllabus portion A, B, C), skip the articles, and get the "lists to memorize" from All 10. The articles tend to be long but they are not as stressed on the exam. For the All 10 Volumn 2 material, start with McClenahan. After that I might use some other metric to determine what I work on next, like Average points tested per article, or Average points tested per page of article to read (meaning don't count the appendices, etc.) There are a few very short, well written articles with lots of "points potential". Don't miss those.

Good luck!

great3981
04-05-2005, 03:49 PM
When you say "lists to memorize", are you talking about a formal layout or do you mean the outlined topics within All10 Study Manuals?

Thanks

Rice
04-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Examples of "lists to memorize" from the 2004 Exam:

30a. State three desirable criteria for an exposure base.

40. State four criteria for rating variables and explain whether or not they are fulfilled by information from credit reports.

46b. State and briefly describe one advantage and one disadvantage of using this [from 46a] complement of credibility.

Estrella
04-06-2005, 02:58 AM
When you say "lists to memorize", are you talking about a formal layout or do you mean the outlined topics within All10 Study Manuals?

Thanks
What I mean is, review the All 10 and pick out the testable material such as the examples give by Rice.

abc123
04-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Excuse me for not investigating myself, does All10 include all the recent exam questions ?

asilem
04-09-2005, 06:03 PM
yes

JustASix
04-14-2005, 12:41 PM
Examples of "lists to memorize" from the 2004 Exam:

30a. State three desirable criteria for an exposure base.

40. State four criteria for rating variables and explain whether or not they are fulfilled by information from credit reports.

46b. State and briefly describe one advantage and one disadvantage of using this [from 46a] complement of credibility.Check out the list o' lists
Not all of them will still be relevant since the exam has changed a lot since this was made, but it should be helpful.

http://casact.org/admissions/studytools/p6studynotes.htm

Pachoo
04-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Holy cow! Thanks for the link to that sheet of lists. That is AMAZINGLY helpful. THANKS!!!! :)

cranberry
04-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Agreed. This is an awfully nice list.