View Full Version : PAP question

04-10-2005, 10:16 PM
I don't understnad what happens to victims of single-vehicle collisions under the Personal Auto Policy.

If I am catastrophically injured in a single-vehicle collision, and I am 100% responsible for it, what insurance can I collect to pay for my medical/rehab/income loss/caregiver benefits for the rest of my life?

Do I make a claim against myself under Part A (Liability) of the policy? Part B (Medical Payments) has a measly limit of ~ $10,000.

04-11-2005, 12:38 AM
Medical coverage applies to yourself and BI/PD (Liability coverage) applies to others. As in this case, you will only be able to seek compensation for your injury from Medical coverage and property damege from Collision coverage.

04-11-2005, 08:16 AM
If you are in a no fault state, you would be covered under PIP. However, most of them have limits of $50,000.

Usually this is just covered under your medical insurance and disability insurance. If you were in the course of work when you were driving, it would be covered under Workers Compensation.

04-11-2005, 08:57 AM
I agree. The source of your insurance coverage (other than the limited med pay benefits in your auto policy) is your health insurance, same as for any other type of non-work related accident that was your fault (falling off the ladder while painting your house, slipping in your bathtub, etc.)