PDA

View Full Version : SOA Spring Meeting credits

Storm
04-20-2005, 07:04 PM
I just got the email for this meeting and it said the SOA approved 9 hours of PD credit. I scheduled it where I could fit in 11 classes at 1.5 hours each. Does this mean I cannot get no more than 9 credits for PD, regardless of the classes I take and the write ups I do? I also went back and ordered 12 credits worth of tapes from last springs SOA meeting, I am limited there also? Thanks for any help!

rhoucag
04-21-2005, 10:29 AM
I went through the program and there's only 4 a day that are approved, giving a total of 12 PD credits for the 2 days. Anyway, the maximum for any meeting is 15, so even if there were 11 sessions the max would apply.

But the 9 number looks weird, I hope it's not correct :)

Or did they approve 9 sessions for credit, totaling 13.5 PD credits ?

Storm
04-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Here is the language "The SOA has just approved the meeting for 9 hours of PD credit (4.5 hours per day)". However, I was talking about the June meeting I think the email sent to me was for the May meeting.

Katie.
04-21-2005, 03:58 PM
When I counted up the hours for the May meeting I came up with 12, but they are only giving 9 apparently (though I never got an email?). I don't like this trend. It seems like seminars are worth fewer and fewer credits, and for those of us whose companies limit how many we can go to, this PD thing could take a while. I figured out a way to get it done in a year but that's only because of the Chicago Actuarial Association workshops (thanks, guys!)

WQN
04-29-2005, 02:10 PM
Spring Meeting (Financial Reporting, Product Development) SOA
New Orleans, LA
Please view the program summary for a list of PD approved sessions
May 23-24, 2005
All approved sessions are worth 1.5 units

(I don't see the 9 credit limit out on the SOA website.)