View Full Version : 8V Survey (let's see how popular this one is)
07-31-2002, 09:21 AM
I know there is an extremely small sampling space here, but why not?!
How many hours have you logged?
Are you using Actex, or making your own notes?
What attempt at 8V is this for you?
07-31-2002, 12:59 PM
1) About 190 hours
2) Made my own notes until Actex was available, then switched to Actex (although I've been somewhat disappointed by it thus far)
3) 1st attempt
07-31-2002, 01:23 PM
1) About 100 hours
3) 1st attempt
Yeah, I'm falling behind...
07-31-2002, 01:28 PM
How about you, Axsuetarian?
First the survey:
1) I don't count hours, I gauge progress. I'm through 33 of the 72 chapters/papers. My goal is to have the first thorough-note-taking-pass done 9/19. (39 more chapters, 49 more days)
2) Making my own notes in Actex. Mostly this is working better than I expected. I have to process the info the same way I would if I were creating my own outline, but I don't have to write so much and I don't have to think as much about the logic of the outline structure (except in those sections where the Actex screwed that up). After 9/19 I'll be creating my own condensed outline for my memorizing pleasure.
3) First attempt. And I'm very, VERY motivated not to be doing this again next year.
In other news:
Tonight or tomorrow, I'm hoping to create a centralized 8V thread that will hopefully improve the communication attempts amongst our small group. We'll see.
1) Don't count hours, am through 25 of the 72
2) Take my own notes by adding to the actex
3) Second try :(
08-01-2002, 07:25 AM
Sorry, I tried to post yesterday, but the system was down
I have put in about 80 hrs
I am creating my own notes (but admittedly, it's taking too long) -- I have
gone through about 15 of the notes/chapters
My 1st attempt
Yeah, let's TRY and put together a good Q&A forum, maybe seperated by subject labeling, etc. IMO, We should definitely seperate the case study. We could also design some sample questions (e.g. determine the hedge for an Indexed Amortization Swap with the following criteria .....)
vBulletin® v3.7.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.