PDA

View Full Version : Same actors in different commercials

Drzy
05-10-2005, 10:39 PM
This might be a new personal low for the importance of a new thread.

It used to be I'd never see the same actors in different commercials, but now they're popping up all over the place...
____

1. David Spade's Capital One "no" work buddy / Car commercial "I can really feel it! Whooo!" (Volkswagen?) / At least one more I can't remember. (found him on IMDB... Nate Torrence (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1535594/))

2. Burger King's guy at window by the King / Shows up at bar in Miller Light commercial with the spicy foods.

3. Hertz "I'm too good to wait in line" guy / At table in annoying Wendy's "eh" salad commercial
____

What's the deal? :-? Is there a shortage of commercial actors? Heck, I'd up and move to Hollywood if I knew I could get acting work.

Traci
05-10-2005, 11:03 PM
Drzy -- you need to turn off the tv and go outside to play!

tommie frazier
05-11-2005, 12:57 AM
Drzy -- you need to turn off the tv and go outside to play!

that's what the Zoom team would tel him.

Travis
05-11-2005, 02:36 AM

It used to be I'd never see the same actors in different commercials, but now they're popping up all over the place...
____

1. David Spade's Capital One "no" work buddy / Car commercial "I can really feel it! Whooo!" (Volkswagen?) / At least one more I can't remember. (found him on IMDB... Nate Torrence (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1535594/))

I think he's also the Arby's obsessed guy on the faux-Jeopardy game show

ahow
05-11-2005, 03:00 AM
Jim Gaffigan, a comedian and "Mr. Larry Johnson" in Super Troopers has been on some commercials lately. His stand up is great...

ahow
05-11-2005, 03:02 AM
Oh yeah, and the guy that was in the "foam goes straight to your brain" Mug commercials has been in alot of stuff lately.

"Honey! It's the video of my bachelor party! Oh man, that was embarrassing."

"Wait a minute, this isn't YOUR lipstick..."

Happy Extinction
05-11-2005, 08:10 AM
$200 for a massage?

8down
05-11-2005, 08:33 AM

____

2. Burger King's guy at window by the King / Shows up at bar in Miller Light commercial with the spicy foods.

3. Hertz "I'm too good to wait in line" guy / At table in annoying Wendy's "eh" salad commercial
____

What's the deal? :-? Is there a shortage of commercial actors? Heck, I'd up and move to Hollywood if I knew I could get acting work.I think he's also the Arby's obsessed guy on the faux-Jeopardy game show
Wasn't #1 also the kid in that cereal commercial whose parents were driving him home from college but then dumped him by the side of the road after he mentions how anxious he is to get home and eat all their cereal?

Snageye
05-11-2005, 08:45 AM
I saw the Dellf girl in a recent ad.

tommie frazier
05-11-2005, 11:34 AM
there's a guy who is hitting golf shots from his deck, yet hasn't built the house. anyone know that ad? anyway, that guy has been in tons of ads.

the mug rootbeer guy is funny.

GefilteFish144
05-11-2005, 11:44 AM
____

What's the deal? :-? Is there a shortage of commercial actors? Heck, I'd up and move to Hollywood if I knew I could get acting work.

With the widespread use of TiVo and similar services, I'd imagine that fewer actors would have any desire to pop up in commercials that very few people would actually watch.

Ultimate Anyone?
05-11-2005, 12:58 PM
Oh yeah, and the guy that was in the "foam goes straight to your brain" Mug commercials has been in alot of stuff lately.

"Honey! It's the video of my bachelor party! Oh man, that was embarrassing."

"Wait a minute, this isn't YOUR lipstick..."
That's a high school classmate of mine! He's also in some of the M&M's commercials ("Would you like a chocolate on your pillow?") and others, as you've obviously noticed. (I wasn't convinced it was him at first, but another classmate out in NYC confirmed it for me.)

frummie
05-11-2005, 01:01 PM
there's a guy who is hitting golf shots from his deck, yet hasn't built the house. anyone know that ad?

Wasn't that P. Diddy? Oh, I'm thinking of the bad boy for life video.

Macavity
05-11-2005, 01:21 PM
1. David Spade's Capital One "no" work buddy / Car commercial "I can really feel it! Whooo!" (Volkswagen?) / At least one more I can't remember. (found him on IMDB... Nate Torrence)

Jeopardy game show

He's also the guy from that humourous Enterprise rental commercial, where the HS reject rents a nice car to impress people when he goes to his HS reunion.

"Lookin Good Chuck!" (says 2 babes on his arms)

Loner
05-11-2005, 01:29 PM
A cute "Dell intern" was also in a cell phone commercial.

GefilteFish144
05-11-2005, 01:32 PM
I enjoy seeing commercial guys make guest appearances on TV shows. Like an ER episode earlier this season where the "Yes I Am" guy from those Bud Light commercials 10 years ago played one of the patients.

3rookie
05-11-2005, 02:05 PM
He's also the guy from that humourous Enterprise rental commercial, where the HS reject rents a nice car to impress people when he goes to his HS reunion.

"Lookin Good Chuck!" (says 2 babes on his arms)The chicks are so dumb they can't see the word ENTERPRISE or the cursive e's on the car.

Pillow
05-11-2005, 03:59 PM
("Would you like a chocolate on your pillow?")
*ahem*

;)

seabass
05-11-2005, 04:32 PM
The guy in the Geico commercials was also in a protein commercial and I think Blockbuster. He was also in something as a game show contestant. What I love even better is how some of the VH1 I Love the 80s commentators have graduated to doing random commercials now (Gaffigan among them). The rest continue to do every single celebrity commentary show VH1 runs.

Loner
05-17-2005, 01:21 PM
What I love even better is how some of the VH1 I Love the 80s commentators have graduated to doing random commercials now (Gaffigan among them). The rest continue to do every single celebrity commentary show VH1 runs.

A signifiacnt number of those guys were members of the MTV comedy troupe "The State" from the early 90s. They're actually regressing, not graduating...

seabass
05-17-2005, 01:44 PM
A signifiacnt number of those guys were members of the MTV comedy troupe "The State" from the early 90s. They're actually regressing, not graduating...

My statement was sorta sarcastic, but its my fault for forgetting how the sarcasm meter on the internet works.

Didnt know that though. Which ones were on the show?

BTW, the commercials I was thinking off was the recent Sierra Mist ads. I remember seeing Michael Ian Black and someone else in one of them.

micaelagb
05-17-2005, 02:00 PM
The guy in the Geico commercials was also in a protein commercial and I think Blockbuster. He was also in something as a game show contestant. What I love even better is how some of the VH1 I Love the 80s commentators have graduated to doing random commercials now (Gaffigan among them). The rest continue to do every single celebrity commentary show VH1 runs.

My husband noticed the Geico guy the other day--it's the NetFlix commercial, where he's sitting on a couch outside of the movie rental store.

tommie frazier
05-17-2005, 02:10 PM

will anything, ever, top the hillarity of the Louie meets Jesus at the last supper skit? that is among my favorite skits of any kind ever.

IMP
05-17-2005, 03:46 PM
Matt Servitto played Trask on All My Children in like 1990 and was an FBI guy in the Sopranos. Lately, he has been in several commercials, although the only one i can think of is Flonase. And I can't find the info on the web!

sweaty Ruben
05-22-2005, 11:29 PM
I keep seeing Bo Bice and Carrie Underwood (and they rest of those losers) in those laaaame Ford commercials week in and week out... :roll:

Drzy
08-23-2005, 07:19 PM
Tack on yet another commercial for Nate Torrence (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1535594/)... HEB, a Texas grocery store.

1. David Spade's Capital One "no" work buddy
2. Car commercial "I can really feel it! Whooo!" (Volkswagen?)
3. Arby's obsessed guy on the faux-Jeopardy game show
4. Enterprise commercial, where the HS reject rents a nice car to impress people at his HS reunion.
5. HEB employee "and spend more time workin' out... YEAAAH!!!!"

Jables
08-23-2005, 11:05 PM
Funny, I was just thinking of this thread today... I think I saw the Enterprise commercial for the first time...

Aeyyyyyy
12-01-2006, 09:34 AM
Glad to see he's moved up into 2-episode runs on The Office. Aeyyyyyy! :tup:

shadyridr
12-01-2006, 09:38 AM
1. David Spade's Capital One "no" work buddy / Car commercial "I can really feel it! Whooo!" (Volkswagen?) / At least one more I can't remember. (found him on IMDB... Nate Torrence)

Jeopardy game show

"Lookin Good Moose!" (says 2 babes on his arms)

IFYP