PDA

View Full Version : time to complete project

Kenny
07-15-2005, 10:24 AM
I realize this will be depend upon the specific project but I am looking for a mean and a possible variance for howlong it will take to complete the 15 credit project. And also the amount of time required for completing all of PD. What happens if you submit your completed plan by the deadline but the SOA wants additional work?

dec
07-18-2005, 09:00 AM
I think you have 25 months to complete all your PD credits?

My question is: If you don't finish PD before conversion, are those PD credits going to be useless?

SSS
07-18-2005, 09:02 AM
I think you have 25 months to complete all your PD credits?
If you're going to use your PD for FSA you have through 2007, but for ASA you only have until 2006.

My question is: If you don't finish PD before conversion, are those PD credits going to be useless?
Unfortunately, yes, unfinished PD will be useless

At least that's my understanding.

dec
07-18-2005, 10:06 AM
To use PD for your FSA, you must pass Courses 1-8 first?

Suppose the earliest time I can finish all 8 courses is Dec 2006, that means I should not even bother with getting PD credits before conversion?

SSS
07-18-2005, 12:09 PM
To use PD for your FSA, you must pass Courses 1-8 first?

You can start early (I think 1/1/06) if you have unused transition credits. If you don't have conversion credits you have to wait until you finish Courses 1-8 to start FSA PD.
You can use PD towards your ASA if you have exams 1-4 and one of 5,6,8

Can't Take a Joke
07-19-2005, 10:55 AM
Kenny,
I don't believe anyone has answered your question yet. I am submitting my PD today. I started the process at the beginning of February so it took me approximately 6 months. It could have been about 1 month shorter since the only thing I have been doing is completing my project, but I could not have done it in less than 5 months. The project itself, I started at the beginning of June and have been able to work on it 80% of the time at work since then. The guideline states between 60-100 hours to complete the project, but that is entirely contingent on the scope.

To provide you with a variance, one of my co-workers recently submitted their PD and it took them 6 months for the project and 18 months to complete PD in its entirety.