PDA

View Full Version : FAC

rhoucag
07-27-2005, 09:18 AM
Threads about the FAC in the way past depicted it as a session that if you show up on time and stay awake you'll "pass". Is this still a correct description for current FACs?

gnash
07-27-2005, 09:33 AM
Threads about the FAC in the way past depicted it as a session that if you show up on time and stay awake you'll "pass". Is this still a correct description for current FACs?

Yeah, but it is actually kinda fun and interesting to participate.....you can say anything you want....no wrong answer.....some good dialog and discussions.

rambler93
07-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Just get those "Homer Simpson" glasses that give you the appearance of being awake during your nap sessions.

rhoucag
07-29-2005, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the help. I wonder how bad you'd have to do to be considered an "Ineffective Candidate"

rhoucag
09-26-2005, 10:26 AM
How important is it to attend the reception at the end of the FAC? It is worth sticking around for, as opposed to not staying another night?

rambler93
09-28-2005, 12:34 PM
Based on previous responses in this forum, I would stay just for these two words: "FREE DRINKS".

GadgetGeek
09-28-2005, 03:46 PM
I was about to answer with "why wouldn't you stay" and then I recall from other threads your situation.

I have not attended a FAC yet, hopefully in early 2006, however, I would think you would want to stick around for the reception for networking purposes. Take the time to meet the new FSAs and try to make a good impression. This could help you land a new postition when the time is right. It will also give you an impression of what the work environment is like at some of the other companies. Because we all know that the recruiters will always say how great it is to work there.

However, you could get a lot of the same accomplished during breaks and meals at the FAC.

As another option, have you checked to see if anyone is looking to split a room?

Michel de Nostradamus
10-25-2005, 12:46 AM
I was about to answer with "why wouldn't you stay" and then I recall from other threads your situation.

I have not attended a FAC yet, hopefully in early 2006, however, I would think you would want to stick around for the reception for networking purposes. Take the time to meet the new FSAs and try to make a good impression. This could help you land a new postition when the time is right. It will also give you an impression of what the work environment is like at some of the other companies. Because we all know that the recruiters will always say how great it is to work there.

However, you could get a lot of the same accomplished during breaks and meals at the FAC.

As another option, have you checked to see if anyone is looking to split a room?

Why? Wouldn't the company pay for that night's hotel stay, too?

rhoucag
10-25-2005, 10:51 AM
They will pay. But I've done a lot of traveling this year and not excited about more layovers in hotels or airports.

Actually I have a morning flight Saturday around 6 or 7 AM out of Grapevine :(

Before careful when you tell your corporate travel team that any time is OK!

CMC
12-15-2005, 11:07 AM
Anyone know the schedule for 2006 FACs?

Carlos
12-16-2005, 08:15 AM
Anyone know the schedule for 2006 FACs?

I asked the SOA a few days ago and was told that dates and U.S. locations will be very similar to the 2005 schedule.

tashanikko
12-16-2005, 12:16 PM
A tentative schedule has been posted on the SOA website.

mcsquared
12-19-2005, 09:08 AM
When you submit your executed plan, do they send a response that they have received it? Or do you just play the waiting game for 6 weeks?

Michel de Nostradamus
12-19-2005, 09:42 PM
When you submit your executed plan, do they send a response that they have received it? ....Yes or they should.

CMC
12-20-2005, 07:19 PM
When you submit your executed plan, do they send a response that they have received it? Or do you just play the waiting game for 6 weeks?

I submitted mine a few weeks ago and the only confirmation that I got that they received it was from UPS that someone signed for it.

mcsquared
12-21-2005, 02:52 PM
The response I got from the SOA was they normally do not send out receipt confirmations. They did confirm that they had received mine. Now, I have at most 4 weeks to find out if I am going to the March FAC or not.