PDA

View Full Version : CAS 5 Students

ginku
12-06-2005, 12:00 AM
I was wondering how many of us in India are taking CAS 5 this spring?
Anyone with estimates from Mumbai? I know the figure in Delhi is around 7-8.
The other cities maybe one odd taker.
Moreover What is the strength of people who have appeared/cleared the Preliminary exams? I reckon that the success rates are pretty low around here compared to say Hong Kong.
I hope more people become active here.

aniasat
12-14-2005, 04:12 PM
This is awesome!!! I hope someone does respond to your post. I am surprised that students are gearing up to take P&C exams in India.

I started taking actuarial exams in India (Mumbai) in Fall 2001. That time I was the only student taking Courses 1, 2 & 3 in the center at Andheri. After that I came to the US and am completing the remaining exams on both the Life & P&C side.

Good luck with CAS 5. Let me know if you need any materials/calculators, etc from here.

Regards,
Anita.
email: anita_sathe@yahoo.com

bikram
12-17-2005, 02:19 AM
Good luck with CAS 5. Let me know if you need any materials/calculators, etc from here.

Isn't most material available for download free on the website? Don't know about the computers though. BA-35 and the TX series may still remain the only ones permitted into the exam hall , although you could do with any similar calculator (available widely in india).

actuaryinmaking
04-07-2006, 12:43 AM
Guys -

Sorry for off topic but - i was wondering if anybody has CAS 3 notes for resale - i am planning to apear for cas 3 this May and/or Nov 06.

Thanks - actuaryinmaking@gmail.com