View Full Version : Course 7 Pretest Question
10-31-2002, 11:44 AM
Are there solely multiple choice & True/False questions on the Course 7 Pretest now? (i.e. no written answer questions)
If so, when did they stop having written answer questions?
Any additional thoughts on the Pretest? :smoke:
10-31-2002, 12:49 PM
It's all multiple choice since the October 4 exam.
The material is pretty easy except for a few study notes, and the exam itself is a cakewalk since it's open book. One month (at most) of studying to prepare.
10-31-2002, 01:55 PM
How many questions are on the exam? Is there time to refer to the source material?
I keep hearing how easy it is, but why do only about 60% of the people who sit for it pass it - do the other 40% just not study? (I believe I noticed about a 60% pass rate while it still included written answer questions)
Pre-tests between 12/01 and 5/02 had a 77.9% pass ratio.
As for why a large number of people fail, here's my theory (and it goes for all the exams). A lot of people (perhaps as many as 50%) try to do the minimum amount of preparation that is required to pass. On exams like 6 and 8, nearly all of those people fail. On the course 7 pre-test perhaps half of those people actually pass.
On course 7 there might be even more people who don't try very hard, because the exam is given every two months.
It doesn't matter how easy an exam is, people will manage to fail. I wouldn't worry too much about the passing percentage. Just do your best, and at worst you have to take it again in two months.
10-31-2002, 03:00 PM
Thanks for your comments.
You've reaffirmed my original thoughts, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't dillusional (these exams will do that to a guy after a while)...
vBulletin® v3.7.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.