PDA

View Full Version : PD credits in Health

bacchus
01-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for PD credits that are health related? It looks like the Product Development CD ROM is for other areas of practice. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Angie

Marian
01-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Hi -

I had to obtain my insurance license for my job in April 2005, so I plan to submit that as being worth 10 credits, the max allowed for any one class/seminar. It was 65 hours of classroom time, plus studying evenings and weekends, plus a test at the end of classroom time. Passing that test gave me a certificate showing I had passed the class, which allowed me to take the state exam.

My track is Health and you can't just get a health license. You have to get the life license also in order for the health license to be valid. If you are just in life, you can get just the life license. But no, I had to get both.

The state exam was in 3 parts - life, health, and law. It wasn't nearly as hard as an actuarial exam, but it also wasn't the most pleasant 2 weeks I have ever spent either.

Anyway, I'm hoping it is good enough for 10 credits. I have 20 in from transition, and I'm going to try to attend a couple of SOA sponsored seminars this spring in March and April, and then listen to a few tapes.

Good luck to you.

Marian

flamingobay
01-24-2006, 10:25 AM
There are also two semiars in April you can get 18 credits altogether: Ensure Small Group Profitability in by S.M. Snow and Predictive modeling by SoA. Also if you are doing PD, most possibly you are an ASA already. If so, you can attend the SoA spring meeting for Health this June. That should give you another 15 credits. Hope that helps.

Lois Lane
02-23-2006, 02:25 PM
what about listening to tapes from prior SOA meetings? i think you can get Distance Learning credits for that.