PDA

View Full Version : PEC 2006 - Investment Track

8V boy
01-16-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm wondering if there is anyone that intent to be at the PEC for the investment track?

Maybe in the next month or so we can start having some discussion about the excruciating reading...:burn:

Also, anyone that doesn't need to do the project? I would be curious to see how your PD plan was written.

Thanks.

North York
01-19-2006, 10:28 AM
I'm wondering if there is anyone that intent to be at the PEC for the investment track?

Maybe in the next month or so we can start having some discussion about the excruciating reading...:burn:

Also, anyone that doesn't need to do the project? I would be curious to see how your PD plan was written.

Thanks.

I'm definitely attending the PEC in June...most likely the investment track too.

However, I have not yet registered for it nor have I had a look at the readings.

Did you get these readings off their website?

North York
01-19-2006, 10:30 AM
BTW ... How many study days is your employer giving you for the PEC?

Thanks

8V boy
01-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Not sure about the study days, I have to look into it. I'll let you know

About the readings, they are still dated from last year. (around 1000 pages) One can assume that most will remain unchanged.

North York
01-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Not sure about the study days, I have to look into it. I'll let you know

About the readings, they are still dated from last year. (around 1000 pages) One can assume that most will remain unchanged.

1000 pages is not too much (at least compared to 8V...lol). A friend of mine told me it took him around 7 weeks to prepare for the PEC.

As for the study time, I'm requesting 8-9 days for the PEC...I believe most of the large insurers are only offering 5-6 days (not sure though).

With regards to the readings, since I don't have last years, I won't be able to start until I get this years. I'm assuming you need to pay for the readings and they're not available for free....am I correct?

North York
01-20-2006, 02:16 PM
One more thing...I looked at the Practice exam provided for the Investment/Finance track and it doesn't look too bad. Any thoughts?

8V boy
01-23-2006, 10:36 AM
I asked around about our study policy. It looks like I get 5 days for prep.

As for the actual exam, I barely looked at it a week ago. I didn't think it was intimidating either.